Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:People still need to stop focusing on the part of the body below the neckline, that is not where the eyes and smile are.......goodness gracious, can't people be decent anymore? What is with this thing of seeing naked butts? WE all know what the darn human body looks like, it's not a big deal and there are tons of bare butts, bare breasts floating around just walking down the streets of any city in the world, so why can't photographers be better behaved and do the decent thing? I know . this is not a perfect world and we all want the darn dollars in our pockets. Hope KARMA comes back to those that are doing this and hurts them big time in the naked butt!

She is the future Queen Consort of the UK of GB and NI and 16 other realms. The standards demanded of her are a lot higher than ordinary people - but she continues to show that she isn't up to the job.

She has to step up and stop these things from happening - and until she does she will rightly be criticised as she is simply showing her lack of understanding for the position total disrespect to HM The Queen and the people she was visiting.

If she was simply walking down the street, or on the beach, as a private citizen I wouldn't care but it is who she is and what she was doing at the time - representing HM The Queen of Australia on a visit to the people of Australia and she showed what she thought of us but not dressing in a manner that showed any respect to her position, her husband's position or The Queen.

How would you feel if the VP's wife continually dressed in such a way that she was the laughing stock of the world - bringing the office of VP and by association that of the President and the entire nation into disrespect. That is what Kate does when she continually gets this wrong.

Once is forgivable but this isn't the first time. She has to learn to dress appropriately and that includes wearing underwear and weighting her skirts. People have been saying this for over 3 years now and still we have her wearing dresses that show that she doesn't care for the opinion of the public, the people she is visiting or her position.

I need to look somewhere as the smile is so fake and forced and she doesn't smile with her eyes. She clearly shows her boredom when she has to interact with the public. She just doesn't have any charisma or anything to recommend her. The press can only comment on her clothes because she has nothing else to offer - doesn't say anything, can't interact with people.

I could go on but I won't - simply put - she is a walking disaster for the BRF and after 3 years shouldn't be making the same mistakes she was making 3 years ago.

You would think that SOMEONE IN THE ROYAL FAMILY would talk to her about this problem. After the first time even, someone should have said something and yet it's years later...........maybe the only people that care about this are the people complaining and bitching.........goodness gracious, won't Queen Elizabeth say something to her son, Charles, his wife, to William, to someone........are they all blind? I don't like it anymore then you do, yet there has to be some sense of decency in people taking pictures, and I don't agree with you that her smile doesn't reach her eyes.....I have seen many pictures of her looking interested in what she is doing (mostly with children), she doesn't come across as mean and nasty or boring.......and if people can't look where it's appropriate then they have a serious problem. People need to stop hating and start being kinder in this world.........when I first saw the picture I was horrified, please wear some panties I said.......yet in today's day and age girls wear this things that look so damn uncomfortable and she is a young woman, yes she needs weights in her clothes, yet people need to stop focusing on her skirts, yet someone need to have a serious talk with her........you up for the challenging with me of talking to her.............I am not afraid to say something, so why is her family keeping quiet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think The Duchess of Cambridge would wear a dress on an official engagement without underwear. Come on people lets use our heads here. Either she was wearing a thong or those photos were doctored on.

On this official trip to Australia and New Zealand, Her Royal Highness didn't wear anything that was too short, out of place or anything else that would be embarrassing. The only time the wind got the best of her was when she was walking down the stairs with George on her hips and the wind was messing with her heavy overcoat and skirt.

Catherine isn't a walking embarrassment for the royal family. Since becoming The Duchess of Cambridge, she has conducted herself with so much grace and dignity. She carry out her royal duties with a great deal of energy and wear what's appropriate for her engagements.

Yes, the wind has gotten the best of her a few times and she's prevented it from happening many times as well. These accidents happens and it has happened to several royal ladies in the past, including The Queen. We also know that Camilla has a small birth mark or mole within the inner of one of her thighs due to her dress being raised very high as well.

Now, should the Duchess of Cambridge should consider putting weights in her hems? Yes. She probably have for some of the stuff she wear.

I think we just need to calm down and not make it seem like Catherine is a total embarrassment to the royal family because she isn't.

Kate should wear appropriate slips IMO. It's happenign too often and does nothing but fuels gossip magazines!

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia- the Australian Leg 16-25 Apri...

Dman, thank you. Wow, this thread had escalated quickly. If the photo is real, it is indeed embarrassing, and she has to learn from these things and prevent this from happening again.

but to jump to the next level and say Catherine doesn't smile with her eyes/embarrasses the RF/doesn't have charisma/etc., that's overboard and seems like a knee-jerk reaction.

:flowers:Your so right Dman, yes I will calm down, it's just I get so damn :bang:frustrated:bang: with this flying skirt issue. I in no way think that she is an embarrassment to the royal family........in fact I think she is doing the best she can under the circumstances. I also get frustrated when people are always complaining that she is lazy......just how in the heck do we know what she does on a daily/hourly/weekly basis........it's really none of our business when she goes out and about unless it's published by the court. I honestly think that there are nuts out there that will take a picture and change it into what they want just for the sake of creating trouble. Look at all the photo tampering that goes on in the media today..............believe none of those commercials you see in magazines/papers or wherever........those are for the young innocent who believe anything the media throws at them......Catherine....she is still a young wife in this family that is royal, she is a young mother with a baby still, she doesn't have much say I believe in what she can do or where she can go, and doesn't the buck stop at the top..........Queen Elizabeth, period.

I will put myself in the group of people that need to stop believing everything that is *first* written by the media. When I first saw the picture I took it at face value and was horrified........yet when I went back to the picture and viewed it when I was calmer, it looked strange to me, W's jacket blowing like that, (his jacket would be lined, it's not a light weight material by looking at it, and her skirt was down in the front and lop sided on one side and way above her butt.....something threw me off after viewing it, the butt doesn't even look nicely shaped, it's crooked..............so maybe this was a fake picture someone did just to make money and cause a stir in the media.....who knows with the idiots in this world. Thank you and I am now calmed down(somewhat until another flying whatever).

Ok..really (if this is true) is going 'commando' under clothing when you are going to an event the fashion nowdays?

Why would you wear that sort of dress (soft flimsy material) without underwear? Maybe she has a thong on....still after the other times she's been exposed you'd think she would take a bit more caution...again assuming these pics are real.

LaRae

Catherine wouldn't have gone out on an official engagement in a dress like that and not wear underwear. Those photos were most likely tampered with.

I think what kills me about William & Catherine is they haven't done any joint engagements since returning from their official tour and things have been so silent that the media and even the royal reporters don't have much to focus on. Incidents like this become the hot topic. These two should be doing more and the 29th can't get here fast enough.

I really don't think The Duchess of Cambridge would wear a dress on an official engagement without underwear.

But she did. And it's obvious.

But she did. And it's obvious.

Either she was wearing a thong or the picture was doctored on and people are running with it. She wouldn't have gone out without undies in a wrap dress like that.

I also don't think cursing is allowed on the forums.

Catherine wouldn't have gone out on an official engagement in a dress like that and not wear underwear. Those photos were most likely tampered with.

Obviously she does and it's not the first time she has been flashing her bits to the public, so what is suprising about this specific occasion?

Are all the photos of the other occasions photoshopped too?

I am fairly confident that Bild would have checked the legal situation and there is no way they can sue over this most recent photo as it was taken on an official engagement while in public - not when they were a private couple but when they were officially representing HM The Queen.

Bild has been publicly reprimanded by the German Press Council several times. It receives more reprimands from the Council than any other publication in Germany. So I'm not so sure they checked into the legalities of publishing such a photo. Whether or not they can or will be sued is another question.

I see London, I see France. I see Catherine's um... waitaminute!

Although I think we're all making a mountain out of a molehill here, it does occur to me that even if this photo was photo shopped, perhaps the creator deduced that if its happened a few times, the better chances the photoshop picture will be believable. If a few times causes a fire, why not pour more gasoline on it on slow news days eh?

I figured out an easy way for Kate to handle this situation (perhaps with a wicked sense of humor and an opportunity to really boost one of her charities donation box). Solve the question of what she was really wearing underneath by putting said article up for auction as Beatrice did with that hat.

(ducks and runs for cover) :whistling:

Obviously she does and it's not the first time she has been flashing her bits to the public, so what is suprising about this specific occasion?

Are all the photos of the other occasions photoshopped too?

The Duchess of Cambridge aren't flashing her bits to the public. It's the wind that's lifting her dresses up a bit.

Now I'm going to focus on what's really important and that's the Cambridge's upcoming official engagements.

Last edited:
She's probably wearing a thong and it's just an ass. Breathe people, it's not the end of the world.

It's wiser if she added weights to her dress but that doesn't give people the right to publish photo's of people in sensitive situations.

She's probably wearing a thong and it's just an ass. Breathe people, it's not the end of the world.

It's wiser if she added weights to her dress but that doesn't give people the right to publish photo's of people in sensitive situations.

Two undisputable words. Sex sells. It all boils down to cold, hard cash.

It really does and people here buy into it. According to some, Kate is the one that needs to stop and think about her actions (that are completely harmless and accidental), not those behind their big camera lens who think it's okay to take upskirt shots and various kind of shots.

Not a healthy attitude.

If this is indeed a legitimate photo of yet another mishap, then it boggles the mind why Kate isn't correcting this problem with hem weights or a fitted slip. Simple as that; anyone else would have done so after the first malfunction in a public venue so it begs the question of why she can't/won't/doesn't do this after a multitude of times the Flying Hem of Doom has occurred. By now, she should know where certain photographers are aiming and even if it isn't right that they're pointing their cameras at her derriere for the "money shot," she has to think about what has become the favorite part of the body to them and take steps not give the photogs that opportunity. Why would anyone show the world, repeatedly, if she's bare bottomed or wearing a thong (same difference to me) if there are steps to prevent that? How mortifying! And how puzzling. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as the saying goes.

It really does and people here buy into it. According to some, Kate is the one that needs to stop and think about her actions (that are completely harmless and accidental), not those behind their big camera lens who think it's okay to take upskirt shots and various kind of shots.

Not a healthy attitude.
Agreed. Actress America Ferrera had a photographer with his head up under the hem of her floor length gown recently at the Cannes film festival!!!:eek:

Agreed. Actress America Ferrera had a photographer with his head up under the hem of her floor length gown recently at the Cannes film festival!!!:eek:

That guys a trickster who surprises celebrities. A few years back he tried to kiss Will Smith on the lips and almost got punched in the mouth. I don't know if he's really a member of the French press.

I don't know why everytime Kate shows some intimate parts of her body there always is the excuse of "accident" and photoshop... She should be careful... That's all.

I don't know why everytime Kate shows some intimate parts of her body there always is the excuse of "accident" and photoshop... She should be careful... That's all.

I think the main question is definitely why she keeps letting this happen. The first time was excusable but her skirts are blowing up over and over again even though it would be very easy to stop it happening. In this latest case where nothing of much substance is covering her bottom (if anything) there is no way I would not have had my dress weighted down knowing what I could end up flashing to the world. She certainly wasn't shy walking down that catwalk in St Andrew's years ago in her underwear or in sitting naked in France even though she would have to have been within eyesight of her security guards. I really don't think these incidents embarrass her at all even though I doubt she does it on purpose. If they did she could stop doing it, simple.

Last edited:
What puzzles me is that she seems not to have idea of what to do! (She is said not to know that in N.Z. was windy)... Hope this story ends and won't repeat. paparazzi are terrible but: not showing, not happening... I thought it was simple!

^^^ It's just a matter of time. You can bet she'll do it again. She seems unable or unwilling to learn from experience.

It was a great tour and William & Catherine worked their tails off on the trip. I think they have another tour coming up in the fall as well. Can't wait to hear more about it.

As Osipi pointed out, sex sells and there are people who probably find the photo a bit titillating yet scandalous at the same time. JMO, society is a bit dysfunctional.

It was a great tour and William & Catherine worked their tails off on the trip. I think they have another tour coming up in the fall as well. Can't wait to hear more about it.

It will be interesting to see whether she does any other "work" at all before their next [-]all expenses paid family holiday[/-] tour.

It will be interesting to see whether she does any other "work" at all before their next [-]all expenses paid family holiday[/-] tour.
She has stuff planed for JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST. I would hardly call meeting dignitries. Making speeches. Attending memorial services as a holiday. Let me remind you this couple are second in line to the throne not first. I just don't get all the hate this couple get they done nothing really to warrent such abuse.

Back
Top Bottom