Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too heard from a member of the media who were there at the time, nothing was shown as well.

Ish. perhaps someone needs to talk to Catherine and her designers so these things won't happen. Obviously, Catherine don't like wardrobe malfunctions. It just happens but she handles it with a great deal of grace and dignity.

Yes, I'm one of those guys that don't mind seeing a little leg but I understand what you're saying. She could use a weight or two in her hems but I don't think she should do it as much as The Queen though. Sometimes The Queen's overcoats and dresses look totally shapeless and appear to be dragging her down to the ground.

I think Catherine is trying to get comfortable to wearing those jewels. I sometimes think she purposely cover the jewels with her hair because she don't want to appear too flashy or maybe trying to get used to the fact that she should be wearing those legendary heirlooms and for the whole world to see. Crown Princess Mary also went through something like that and she publically admitted to it. It's all about finding your comfort spot and then we may see her playing around with the jewels.

Last edited:
^^^ I agree. I think the main reason not a single British tabloid bought this pic is because its of dubious origin. Technically it doesn't violate her privacy and the only paper to buy happens to be the cheapest tabloid in Europe?

I'm glad you broached the subject of Kate's bum because both of my sisters immediately cried foul because they said Kate simple doesn't have the bum for that sort of pick.

I say photoshop

We all know its her sister Pippa that holds the title of Queen of Bums. :whistling:

I think Kate looks professional and dresses fine for her role. I don't see a problem with the length of her dresses (I frequently see other royal women wearing short hemlines), or her hair during engagements or while wearing jewels. And while I do think a few of her footwear choices have been off the mark (wedges on the mountain), most of the time she's fine.

Having said that, if these latest photos are real (I have my doubts), it's time she puts on a slip, or some yoga shorts when wearing dresses/skirts. The press have caught her dress blowing in the wind a few times, so it's puzzling if she hasn't learned to be more careful. Hopefully these latest photos are photoshopped because otherwise, it's quite disappointing that she is caught out again.

IMO it is photoshopped.

Took way to long to turn up
Other media were present but saw nothing
and bluntly - Catherine does not have that shape. One of the problems she has with the fitting of her clothes is that she is "sans derriere" - hence the hems that droop.

Yeah, I saw a few people from the press say that they didn't see, or hear anything about this during the tour. Supposedly an amateur took the photos, but it's interesting that none of the professionals got a photo.

You're right about Kate not having that shape. It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the photo. At this point, I'm leaning toward photoshop too.

Last edited:
Plus the British tabloids have previously shown other times when the wind caught Kate's skirt but everyone avoids this like the plague. The reason for this is I think its just too much of a coincidence that only one photographer took the photo and no on else even witnessed the event let alone photographed it?

If the DM thought this photo was the real thing they would have run it with one of their famous Kate's Marilyn Moment headlines.

The only time the British press refuses to publish a photo is because of questions regarding authenticity or privacy, not because they are prudes.

I'm not alone in thinking its photoshopped

To be honest, it'll never cease to amaze me how intelligent the human race is. We are so evolved that there is a market for photos of well known people who just happen to have had a faux pas with a skirt or article of clothing and a glimpse of human anatomy that we all usually keep covered is flashed around the world for all to see. People gawk and stare and buy these said photos too and the photog is laughing all the way to the bank. Don't people realize by now that everyone has one? I could understand this fascination in the middle ages where one might be checking to see whether its a stead fast or a flimsy chastity belt that's being worn or even if anything is worn at all. No wonder those ladies back then wore yards and yards of material.

Ok.. ok.. it is the 21st century. We have evolved past the middle ages. Why we can even now create a picture of a glimpse of the bum just in case there were none available to purchase. We are creative little buggers aren't we?

Is it photo shopped or not? To be honest, I don't care.

I also, inexpert though I am, immediately thought "photoshop".

Geez. What is up with these magazines? Obviously they have nothing better to write about. So rude.

C'mon! If this silly woman constantly elects to go out and about - particularly when performing official duties - wearing no knickers or, at best, inappropriately brief knickers that do not cover all of the parts of her that no-one other than her husband and doctors should see, and also wears no slip and no weights in her flimsy skirts, and those parts are captured by the photographer's lens, of course the magazines are going to print the photos. It's not as though it's the first or even the second time. She's become a laughing stock.

Well said Roslyn.

Once is forgivable but more than once shows someone who doesn't learn from their mistakes or someone who doesn't actually realise that they have made a mistake - in Kate's case I suspect the latter as she doesn't come across as being all that bright.

If this had been when in their private time I could overlook it but this was actually while representing The Queen on an official engagement.

As someone else I have read today said - would people be so sympathetic if it was William regularly appearing with his fly undone - no they wouldn't be.

That photo looks highly suspicious to me. 1) why is it only being printed weeks later? And 2) why is she making no effort to push down her skirt?

:ohmy:Yikes, why isn't she wearing panties? She is out and about and should know better, whoa............that is just horrible. Girl, pull your dress and wear panties.........this is no way for a future queen to behave!

I think its genuine, William's jacket is flying up too. Kate has been flashing her bits a few times now to the world, what's new.
The photographer is a hobby photographer, it took some time for her to go through the photos and to decide to go to the agencies. Of course the british ones won't publish because they are being gagged by CH (kind of: if they don't play the rules, the BRF will be angry). She will apparently donate the money she makes from the pictures to the bushfire victims.
I wonder how long the british tabloids will play by CH rules, as I dont see they get anything in return, certainly no exclusive photos of George.
Herzogin Kate : Nackt-Skandal! | BUNTE.de

That photo looks highly suspicious to me. 1) why is it only being printed weeks later? And 2) why is she making no effort to push down her skirt?

When I first heard about it on Monday I too thought it was suspicious but since then I have heard a number of reporters who were on the tour actually confirming that the incident happened. That they chose not to report on it at the time says more about the fact that they need to curry favour with the royals but that they aren't denying that they saw anything then confirms that it happened. e.g. Jobson on Sunrise in Australia this morning could have said 'no this didn't happen' or 'I didn't see it happen' but instead he commented on the continuation of Kate to refuse to wear knickers.

Tanna - her favourite photographer - also confirmed the incident on his twitter - again he could have pointed the finger and said 'photoshopped' but he didn't.

Tanna is hardly a fan of Kate's. For the last year or so, he's been pretty critical of her and William. His twitter is filled with snide comments about them. Plus was Tanna he even on the Australian trip?

I've seen a number of reporters say that they didn't hear or see anything, but I've yet to see one say that actually saw it. There were over 300+ media from all over the world and I have a hard time believing that none of them would report on it.

Those are my questions too.

Last edited:
It very we'll could be real, but something about it looks off. The area where his jacket is flying looks shopped.

As I said in the other thread, there was media from all over the world and it's strange that none of them saw it, or at least reported on it. Anyway, if it is real, it's time Kate got it together.

Plus the British tabloids have previously shown other times when the wind caught Kate's skirt but everyone avoids this like the plague. The reason for this is I think its just too much of a coincidence that only one photographer took the photo and no on else even witnessed the event let alone photographed it?
Yeah it's odd.

Last edited:
While she does seem to have more of a problem with freak gusts of wind then others, I do have to agree that this photo looks fake, just something about it looks unnatural

None of them have come out and categorically denied it - saying they didn't see anything isn't the same thing and Robson clearly indicated he believed it had happened.

Tanna clearly said it was real.

If this was the first time it might be hard to believe but it wasn't even the first time on this trip. She started the trip with a fly up as she landed in 'Windy Wellington' with many saying 'she wouldn't have known that it was that windy there' - so their support for her was an argument that basically was 'she didn't prepare for the conditions for the trip'.

While she does seem to have more of a problem with freak gusts of wind then others, I do have to agree that this photo looks fake, just something about it looks unnatural

Looks perfectly natural to me - and she has a history of having this problem to make it even more believable.

I think its genuine, William's jacket is flying up too. Kate has been flashing her bits a few times now to the world, what's new.
The photographer is a hobby photographer, it took some time for her to go through the photos and to decide to go to the agencies. Of course the british ones won't publish because they are being gagged by CH (kind of: if they don't play the rules, the BRF will be angry). She will apparently donate the money she makes from the pictures to the bushfire victims.
I wonder how long the british tabloids will play by CH rules, as I dont see they get anything in return, certainly no exclusive photos of George.
Herzogin Kate : Nackt-Skandal! | BUNTE.de

Yeah, I agree with you. She also had the same issue with her red outfit when she arrived in NZ.

This image may have been enhanced to show more.
Kate Middleton’s Naked Bottom Exposed by German Tabloid Bild!

:previous: I wonder who pulled it and why?

I imagine that rag would have directed a great deal of Brits to the german site. Her backside is now even more famous!! She has outdone her sister IMO.:D

Last edited:
The story disappeared from Daily Mail.

Nope, its still there. They pixelled out Kate's backside though. So funny how the british tabloids are afraid of repercussions from the palace and not print the stuff that is on the internet all over the world.
There is nothing about these photos that violate privacy law as Kate is flashing in a public place. How about getting a decent wardrobe instead of blaming the press for publishing such photos.

Nope, its still there. They pixelled out Kate's backside though. So funny how the british tabloids are afraid of repercussions from the palace and not print the stuff that is on the internet all over the world.
There is nothing about these photos that violate privacy law as Kate is flashing in a public place. How about getting a decent wardrobe instead of blaming the press for publishing such photos.

Hahaha! Perhaps palace staff were too distracted by it?

I agree with your post Duke!:flowers:

I was just about to post the same link, AA.

:bang:Regardless of whether this is real or not, now is the time for Catherine to put some darn weights in her clothes. No more excuses and if this photo shopped then sue the damn magazine and the person who took the picture...........and what ever happened to the case in France? Did it just die away somewhere to be forgotten? She needs to wear panties and people need to stop taking pictures that aren't above the neckline.......where is the decency people, people with cameras need some serious lessons in decency and manners!

:ohmy:Yikes, why isn't she wearing panties? She is out and about and should know better, whoa............that is just horrible. Girl, pull your dress and wear panties.........this is no way for a future queen to behave!

Hahahaha! Not only are you sweet SElizabeth, you are funny too!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:bang:Regardless of whether this is real or not, now is the time for Catherine to put some darn weights in her clothes. No more excuses and if this photo shopped then sue the damn magazine and the person who took the picture...........and what ever happened to the case in France? Did it just die away somewhere to be forgotten? She needs to wear panties and people need to stop taking pictures that aren't above the neckline.......where is the decency people, people with cameras need some serious lessons in decency and manners!

There is a difference between photos taken while she is on an official public engagement and those taken when she is on a holiday even though she was in view of a public road.

The French case is either still going or has been resolved but I don't know.

I am fairly confident that Bild would have checked the legal situation and there is no way they can sue over this most recent photo as it was taken on an official engagement while in public - not when they were a private couple but when they were officially representing HM The Queen.

Back
Top Bottom