Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... It may be legally fine what these paparazzi have done, but it´s certainly nothing a morally normal functioning person would or should do!.
Do you know what papparazi do? :whistling:
If what photographers take pictures of and where is legally fine then that's good enough for them. Morality has squat to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is about money, and there are far, far worse occasions in this world where money triumphs over morality than taking pictures of the Cambridge family in a park. Why would Australian media not print it? They don't answer to KP. And besides, if they don't print, American or European outlets will print and make money. I wish KP would go back to the Elizabethian motto 'never complain, never explain'.

The attempts to justify this intrusion as justified because the photographers are just trying to make money are off point and almost ridiculous. Few people would want to see the paparazzi put in jail and we all know why they are doing it. Many things are legal and some even make money but that doesn't make it right.

The issue is whether they should do it. Catherine and William are not reality show actors. They haven't opened their personal life to the world the way William's mother and, to a lesser extent, father did. They are human beings, which means they have rights, including the right not to be hounded by photographers when they want privacy.

I guess it is useless to argue with people who believe that they have a right to see photographs and video of private time because their right to be entertained is more important than William and Catherine's right to privacy. People like that are arrogant and selfish.

I refuse to click on the links to these pictures or any video. I don't care how cute it is, it is not right.
...the british subjects could only see George when leaving the hospital and on two single shots the Cambridges gave away...
I concede this point. I think Catherine and William should take George to a few more public events in Britain--to a zoo or a public play opportunities more often. It isn't fair to the British media or the British public that the first extended look at George is in Australia. Australia is part of the Commonwealth, but the British public pay for most of the security of the royal family.

I, too, would like to see this. They only have to look at what CP Victoria and P Daniel are doing with Estelle in Sweden. Although I have to admit I don't see George standing still at an event just after his second birthday like Estelle did. They are very different children - thank goodness!

I seem to recall that there were several photo opportunities when William was toddling -( I recall press being invited to the grounds of Kensington Palace for one), perhaps this might be the case with George now he is that little older.

I, too, would like to see this. They only have to look at what CP Victoria and P Daniel are doing with Estelle in Sweden. Although I have to admit I don't see George standing still at an event just after his second birthday like Estelle did. They are very different children - thank goodness!

IMHO we will see the Cambridges following a predictable pattern of photos released for birthdays, milestones like a first day of school and eventually participating in Christmas/Easter services. I believe that they're releasing photos in the same way the Charles and Diana did. Few photos during their infant years, but more when they were toddlers/pre-schoolers. With the exception of Daniel and CP Victoria, most royal families do the same.

It is not like the British media and public didn't see the pictures of George taken on this tour. For the first 5 months or so, he isn't really doing much other sleeping, crying, and filling up diapers. I rather see pictures of him now with his personality showing than when he was little and looked more like Churchill than W&K.

Videos:
William and Kate Battle Heat And Flies At Uluru
William and Kate Battle Heat And Flies At Uluru

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Ayers Rock-
BBC News - Royal visit: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Ayers Rock

Pictures:
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge visited Uluru,Ayers Rock-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Tour Australia and New Zealand - Day 16

Following in Charles and Diana's footsteps, Wills and Kate visit Uluru as sun sets on one of most stunning sites on earth-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ures-wallaby-poo-visit-Uluru-later-today.html

I find it very touching that William & Catherine are pictured in the same place Charles & Diana was pictured many years ago. I know Charles must be smiling back at home when watching this coverage.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watched some traditional Aboriginal dancing and painting before taking a short walk around Uluru itself-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQKwhIAJVAU

Last edited:
Love William with the kids.:D
The pictures in front of Ularu - magical, sacred, stunning.
Love the Duke and Duchess with kids.
Like others have said, William was quite a hunk today. Sorry Catherine!:ROFLMAO:

I've read this and I agree as well. There has been talk of William spending time with the Commonwealth and Foreign Office. Perhaps spending time in some of the Commonwealth countries should be included, working along side the GGs for example.

It is not like the British media and public didn't see the pictures of George taken on this tour. For the first 5 months or so, he isn't really doing much other sleeping, crying, and filling up diapers. I rather see pictures of him now with his personality showing than when he was little and looked more like Churchill than W&K.

George's personality didn't suddenly develop in the last 10 days. You make a good point that the British public sees the videos from this tour, but I still understand why they may be a bit frustrated that they only see extended shots of George when he is overseas. After all, there was only one still photograph released a few weeks ago.

I don't think weekly or monthly appearances are appropriate at this stage, but I used to take my children to museums when they were about 6 months old. Actually, that would be consistent with Catherine's interest in art and demonstrate that you can expose children to art and culture at an early age.

If William and Catherine are okay with public appearances when George is overseas, it seems as though they could occasionally arrange them while they are in Britain, rather than just releasing a photograph or two. Maybe every two or three months?

Palace officials acknowledged the media were entitled to publish the footage and photographs.
An aide said: “We were just anxious that it didn’t turn into a circus. We would rather the pictures weren’t taken but it was no more than a gentle request.”

Usually a deal is a give and take. KP asks the british media not to publish 'private' outings of the Cambridges and they comply. Yet, they havent gotten anything in return as yet what is regular access to Prince George. I am not speaking about overexposure but reguar outings, not only to please the press but to get George used to what will be part of his future life.
I find this attitude very patronising enough, in addition the first full access to George happens on a tour abroad.
Row over photos published of Kate and William on a 'rest day' during Australia tour | Royal | News | Daily Express

Fashions Change

It was interesting to see and compare the pictures of Charles and Diana, and William and Catherine, standing in the same spot 31 years apart. I was struck with the clothing differences- Diana's dress looked like that of a nurse from the Crimean War, and Charles looked like a cruise ship steward! But they were young and beautiful, nonetheless. Hope I'm around to see George and his wife in the same spot in 30 years.

We will see George a lot more than Australia and New Zealand. Will be a few years before they see him again.

Thank you all for the lovely links and video of Uluru.

I have walked part the way around the base myself at this time of year and it is beautiful. Flies aplenty though!

The couple are doing a wonderful job and the tour has been a success in my opinion.

I just hope that this thread doesn't turn into "us and them" with regards to photos of George. We are very grateful for the public looks at George that we have had - please don't spoil it by saying that "you won't get to see him for a while but we will" type of commentary.

I hope we can all enjoy the remaining days. Looking forward to the dinner tomorrow night.

Front page of today's Sydney newspaper taken up by the Duke and Duchess in front of Uluru - with a photo of Prince Charles and Diana in the same spot thirty one years ago.

Very dramatic full page photo inside, of W and C walking the track - showing the size of the Rock compared to people.

TV this morning said, fifty thousand people are expected to be in Elizabeth to see the Royals. A lot of English people live there, according to reporters - so a big turn-out is expected.

This will be the fifth visit by Royalty - the Queen having been twice herself.

''45! I would be melting.'' - said the Duke yesterday, in reply to someone in the crowd, when talking about how hot Uluru gets in summer.

Last edited:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
#RoyalVisitAus Today, William & Kate head to Adelaide (expected to land 10:50am local time) to visit Elizabeth (town named after the Queen)

Focusing on youth, the royals will visit the youth facility Northern Sound System & Playford Civic Centre, & do a walkabout. #RoyalVisitAus

William & Kate will attend a civic reception with young people before flying back to Canberra to reunite with Prince George #RoyalVisitAus

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
In Elizabeth, an Adelaide suburb named after his great grandma, Will and Kate will name a planned office block Prince George Plaza today.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Local media say up to 50,000 people will greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Elizabeth, though officials privately expect fewer.

Last edited:
I just hope that this thread doesn't turn into "us and them" with regards to photos of George...
Personally I think we should all take the "relaxed" stance that Will and Kate did on this issue and file it under Ancient Cambridge History 101. If they can take it in stride, so can we.

I am totally loving this tour especially with the feedback we're getting from our members down under.

I'm really worried about ''withdrawal'' as the last few days click by Osipi :lol: - hasn't it all been wonderful.

The final day, Friday 25th April, is our big day of rememberance ''Anzac Day'', and several TV stations are covering that live - from 10.30am till 3.00pm. Should be lots of coverage today and tomorrow - and we had all the Aboriginal ceremonial things broadcast late yesterday afternoon, complete as it happened.

The media have certainly not stinted - and all the reporters and hosts and newsreaders have had really big smiles - both men and women.
I think Australia, and New Zealand no doubt, could easily take another couple of weeks :lol:.

@PeterDoherty7
William and Kate on their way to Adelaide, now inside South Australian airspace #RoyalVisitAus #RoyalVisitAus
6:44 PM - 22 Apr 2014

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m
The primary focus of today's #RoyalVisitAus to Adelaide will be the youth. The town of Elizabeth suffers from very high youth unemployment

Last edited:
A link below for ABC website:

Royal visit: Adelaide prepares to welcome Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

A few good links in it and it also mentions that 50,000 people are expected to see the Royal couple today. Amazing number of people.

The Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth has been very hard-hit by unemployment in recent years due to the closure of manufacturing plants, mostly in the car industry.

The BRF should be very proud of the efforts of the Cambridges and the spin off effect which should see a renewed enthusiasm for Monarchy here in Australia. Maybe N.Z. members could comment on the "after-effects" and general feeling now that the couple have been out of their country for a week?

Crowds in Adelaide for #RoyalVisitAus. One lady hasn't missed a royal visit via @BrettClappis pic.twitter.com/JpgF80K7Eo pic.twitter.com/kiP2pRW6YW
They're almost here Adelaide
Security is in place at the RAAF base as the Duke and Duchess are just minutes away.
Police & the #RoyalVisitAus convoy in background at RAAF base at Edinburgh #Adelaide #Elizabethpic.twitter.com/61DHYNdEiJ
— Andrew Hough (@andrew_hough) April 23, 2014
Here's the latest information on their plane. Keep your eye on the sky Adelaide, Wills and Kate are so close.

Last edited:
Those who missed seeing the real Duke and Duchess will get a chance to see their look-alikes at one of our Department Stores - ''Myer''- today.

They have been flown out from the UK for a ''Mother's Day'' sleep-wear campaign.

''Prince William'' is from Adelade - but now works full-time in Britian, as - well, Prince William :lol:.

Reminds me of all the ''Cambridge Diet'' ads that turned up on telly a few months ago - with the slender woman with the long dark hair.

Last edited:
Plane landed - everyone waitng to see them emerge. Several Australian TV channels live at the moment.

Rear stairs for entourage?

Reporters say the Duke and Duchess had a lot of input into today's program.

A guy from the ''Women's Weekly'' is in one of the TV studios, while other staff are back at headquarters trying to work out who designed the Duchess' outfit.

Reporters are talking about the fine line the Duke and Duchess have to strike with their clothing today - to be Royal, but to keep in mind they are visiting an area of low socio-economic standing.

Last edited:
Wonder if any heads will roll using the wrong title? We all should know and have proof of the fact that this couple isn't in any way divorced. :ROFLMAO:

All in all, I think this tour has met with tremendous success and from what I've seen, its had a very good turnout. It was planned with a bit of the formality of the royal visits of times gone by, places of interest to visit that mean something to both William and Kate and a chance to have George be a part of it. Now I want to follow their footsteps and visit all these wonderful places!

The dress is McQueen

The Duchess is in a pretty pale pink dress suit - flared skirt - by Alexander McQueen, MarNoe.
Hair pinned back.
The motorcade now travelling to the first event.

Back
Top Bottom