Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK - I am calling MYSELF out for commenting. My bad, we are heading a bit off topic. Sorry Mods.

A British tabloid would never even attempt to take or publish photos like the ones in Australia.

The British press is on the verge of being shut down over their gross indecencies over the years.

The Press Complaints Commission have an easy call here, no public interest and the Cambridges are protected by privacy laws just like anyone else.

We just seen George on four occasions on this tour. We have seen more of George than we have ever seen of him since his birth. They have been very generous with photo ops.

Now even for me, that video is a little too much.

Pictures I can deal with, but video for some reason, especially of mother and children time, is just a step too far.

And this is me we're talking about!

:previous: Just because it was nice/engaging/fun etc. ad nauseam does not excuse the stalking. It is just plain creepy and the more they do it the less the royals are willing to engage with us on anything more than an "Official" way.

You might get a cheap and fuzzy thrill but ultimately the more you win the more you lose.

And good am to you too, didn't mean to upset your apple cart, I like the picture, it shows them as normal in love couple, and yes it's private. It's not a dirty picture, it's clean wholesome fun from a couple clearly devoted to each other..........something I think many of us in the world wish we had......., the pictures taken in France was very clearly *stalking* as the camera was I think, don't quote me on this, over 1/2 away from the place they where staying at.......that is Stalking. This seems like an innocent picture of them.........and I do agree they need their privacy, yet a picture such as this reminds us that they are also a normal couple in love with a darling baby.............when a camera is aimed where it shouldn't be aimed at, then that is very wrong(such as looking for flying skirts instead of a smile) and your comment about cheap and fuzzy is totally wrong, don't get on my case about liking the picture as we are all entitled to our own opinions here,:sad: look to yourself for your own problems, not at me.

Pictures I can deal with, but video for some reason, especially of mother and children time, is just a step too far.

Well there was an intrusion that's for sure but I posted the video because I think it's lovely and I see nothing wrong. I'm certain that even who is complaining about it will be watching it:flowers:

I think that you raise the point of what is acceptable and what are the rules.

My view is that if they are in a public place (ie Kensington Gardens) then they know the risks.

When on private property where there is reasonable case to expect privacy, then it is unacceptable. And that means France and these shots are unacceptable to me. I do not accept the argument "they should know better". They have a right to privacy.

As far as video vs pictures. The person taking the pictures watched the mother and baby moving, playing etc. And if one says the pictures are ok but not the video, then that means its ok for the snapper to look at these private moments but no one else. Which isn't logical to me.

All of it is creepy and stalkerish. And potentially dangerous.

this video of kate with george in her shoulders running up and down with him is just priceless. it's obvious she has a great time playing with him and making him laugh. very adorable.

I think that you raise the point of what is acceptable and what are the rules.

My view is that if they are in a public place (ie Kensington Gardens) then they know the risks.

When on private property where there is reasonable case to expect privacy, then it is unacceptable. And that means France and these shots are unacceptable to me. I do not accept the argument "they should know better". They have a right to privacy.

As far as video vs pictures. The person taking the pictures watched the mother and baby moving, playing etc. And if one says the pictures are ok but not the video, then that means its ok for the snapper to look at these private moments but no one else. Which isn't logical to me.

All of it is creepy and stalkerish. And potentially dangerous.

Agreed. I think when they are off duty and on private property, they have a reasonable expectation of privacy that should be honored.

Whilst I agree that the video and photos of the Cambridges playing privately are a little intrusive, I have to say that they are nice and show that they're just a normal family that do the same things as other parents. Catherine seems to be a doting mother.

The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted discreetly wiping Prince George's drool on her designer dress during a visit to Sydney’s Taronga Zoo yesterday.
Now in full-blown teething mode at eight months old, the infant constantly dribbled as he came face-to-face with various animals, including a bilby named in his honor.
Without a cloth or a bib to hand, his mother Kate, 32, used her hand to stop the saliva from getting on his smart sailor-style shirt.

Kate, the hands-on mother! Duchess wipes teething George's saliva on her own designer outfit | Mail Online

This may be just me, but I thought the article had quite a harsh tone to it. 'George dribbled constantly' is not a nice way of saying that he's teething IMO. It's natural for babies to dribble whilst they're teething, a relative of mine is a month older than George and he dribbles a bit, but that's because he's teething.

The Mirror is reporting that they cannot show the pictures, then taking a poll of the public view of paps' photos. Go vote: Kate Middleton and Prince William take Prince George on Royal Tour 2014: Intimate pictures of Kate and George published in Australia - Mirror Online

This seems very strange - ''cannot show the pictures'' in the UK - from here in Australia AdmirerUS.

Footage was taken by TV, not papparazzi - and has been all over different channels yesterday morning, afternoon, evening and now, this morning.

Everyone is gushing about it, and charmed by C and PG's antics.

(Also, more footage/scenes than yet posted on here).

Today's newspaper has a double-page spread report on it, with seven large photos.

(Apparently the Duchess and PG played ''Row, Row, Row Your Boat'' at one stage.)

On some footage I saw a rubber ducky of security men zooming up and down Lake Burley-Griffin in front of Yarralumla.

:previous:

So "everyone" thinks its ok to take these pictures/videos when they were on a day off? No concept of invading privacy?

:previous:

So "everyone" thinks its ok to take these pictures/videos when they were on a day off? No concept of invading privacy?

I haven't seen anyone complain about it here in Australia cepe.

Everyone just seems to be enjoying it.

I guess the only people with the right to complain, are the Duke and Duchess themselves.

We'll know if/when that happens no doubt.

P.S. Long-time Royal photographer Arthur Edwards live on TV at Uluru at the moment, discussing the differences between Australian and British media, over another screening of yesterday's Yarralumla footage.

He thinks UK will not be publishing photos.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree that the video and photos of the Cambridges playing privately are a little intrusive, I have to say that they are nice and show that they're just a normal family that do the same things as other parents. Catherine seems to be a doting mother.

Kate, the hands-on mother! Duchess wipes teething George's saliva on her own designer outfit | Mail Online

This may be just me, but I thought the article had quite a harsh tone to it. 'George dribbled constantly' is not a nice way of saying that he's teething IMO. It's natural for babies to dribble whilst they're teething, a relative of mine is a month older than George and he dribbles a bit, but that's because he's teething.
The fact that Kate does not sweat the small stuff, and doesn't mind getting
drool on her designer dress is good news to me.
Another reason why I like her.
But I can't see why it was made into a news article.
George was drooling, Kate wiped it with her dress. Big deal. What else could she have done?

Last edited:
Kate and William head to Uluru-
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will head to the Northern Territory today. They are expected to arrive at Ayers Roack Airport Yulara shortly after 1pm and will head straight to the National Indigenous Training Academy.

From there the Royal Couple will head to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre where they will receive an official welcome to country before finally taking in a tour of the spectacular Uluru."
Live Blog: Royal visit to NZ - National - NZ Herald News

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
#RoyalVisitAus: Today William & Kate will fly to Yulara, visit a training academy & receive a traditional welcome fm indiginous communities

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
After afternoon tea, William & Kate will take in the majestic sights of Uluru at sunset & spend the night in the area #RoyalVisitAus

William and Kate 'very relaxed' about unauthorised pictures-
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-relaxed-unauthorised-pictures-australia-tour

Last edited:
"@AirlieWalsh Beautiful shot of Charles and Diana at Uluru in 1983. No doubt William will be thinking of them today. pic.twitter.com/EAge91NJHJ"

"When Prince Charles and Princess Diana visited Uluru 31 years ago, they actually climbed the rock. Climbing Uluru is discouraged these days. Uluru is a sacred place. Climbing Uluru causes deep cultural offence to the local Aboriginal people and it destroys the rock."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

The Duke and Duchess will be given a painting today that is made from poo-

"Traditional owner and senior elder Barbara Tjikatu painted a series of dot paintings especially for the royal couple. The paintings tell the story of the Kuniya python woman and the Liru poisonous snake man collecting water and bush tucker. They are painted on paper made from the poo of the near-extinct rufous-hare-wallaby, or mala.

Collected by rangers, the poo is boiled, washed and sterilised before it is made into paper."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

Last edited:
They're on their way.

The Duke and Duchess are currently flying to the outback - they were filmed leaving Yarralumla in a motorcade mid-morning - it's now 11.15 am.

They may change clothes during the flight - they both seemed very dressed up when boarding.

Reporters already at Uluru have been saying all morning how bad the blow-flies are, and though hot during the day, it is chilly once night comes.

The Duchess was wearing a mushroom coloured dress with a cream/light yellow jacket - and carrying her overnight bag.

There's been a lot of rain in the area - which doesn't happen often - and the water-holes around the base of the Rock are full.

P.S. Apparently the Duke was wearing Australian brand ''R.M. Williams'' in his blue checked shirt at Taronga, and reporters are saying the Duchess' yellow dress from the same occassion- first worn on the Asia/South Seas tour -was her own design, run up by the Queen's dressmakers.

(That is why the designer didn't want to be ''known''.)

Last edited:
It is not a question of whether or not the royals had a day off or if they were naked or if they should put up with it etc and so on, if they were on private property, it is illegal to photograph someone.
How would you like photographers to snap you in your yard?
Now, maybe this government house isn't private?

"@AirlieWalsh Beautiful shot of Charles and Diana at Uluru in 1983. No doubt William will be thinking of them today. pic.twitter.com/EAge91NJHJ"

"When Prince Charles and Princess Diana visited Uluru 31 years ago, they actually climbed the rock. Climbing Uluru is discouraged these days. Uluru is a sacred place. Climbing Uluru causes deep cultural offence to the local Aboriginal people and it destroys the rock."
Live Blog: Royal visit Down Under - National - NZ Herald News

The Duke and Duchess will be given a painting today that is made from poo-

"Traditional owner and senior elder Barbara Tjikatu painted a series of dot paintings especially for the royal couple. The paintings tell the story of the Kuniya python woman and the Liru poisonous snake man collecting water and bush tucker. They are painted on paper made from the poo of the near-extinct rufous-hare-wallaby, or mala.

Collected by rangers, the poo is boiled, washed and sterilised before it is made into paper."
Live Blog: Royal visit Down Under - National - NZ Herald News
The headline about the painting gave me a start! Gross!:eek:
Bet Charles the environmentalist, will love it.:lol:

Last edited:
It is not a question of whether or not the royals had a day off or if they were naked or if they should put up with it etc and so on, if they were on private property, it is illegal to photograph someone.
How would you like photographers to snap you in your yard?
Now, maybe this government house isn't private?

It is not illegal here to take photographs of what's going on on private property, from public property. Government House is surrounded by public land and streets and Kate and George were clearly visible from public land (or maybe the lake - I'm not sure where the pics were taken from) and when Kate and William went walking they were walking on a public road. It's probably been closed off to traffic with them there, but it's still a public road.

Hey polyesco - seeing the Duchess in so many dresses makes me wonder why I've lived the last forty years of my life in trousers/pants/slacks!
I really could have got into a few more skirts and dresses.

Reports here said the Royal party is due to land after 1.00pm - but the Northern Terrirory is probably like South Australia, and half an hour behind Sydney and Eastern Australia. (It's coming up to 1.45pm here, so maybe only 1.15 at Uluru.)
Hope someone remembered to pack the ''Aerogard'' - so many reporters are talking about the flies there.

Arrived thiry minutes ago - small crowd at airport.
Now at the first event. The Duchess in Roksanda Ilincic again.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Would Kate Do @WWKD_Official · 2m
The Live Stream will resume at 3:30pm when the Royal Couple arrive at the Cultural Centre (via @SBSNews)

The hand, Uluru edition #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/Z2nkM1Qqqp
William & Kate meet school children at the Cultural Centre. William even tickled one of the kids #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/OW6E5mzrfX
Prince William inspeccts his gift - a spear #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/ohrDDJLlnf
Glorious sunshine on happy faces. William & Kate in Uluru #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/R9j2SGOUPB
#royalvisitaus William and Kate receive a spear made from a Mulga tree during visit to the National… http://instagram.com/p/nFFDbyRFf6/
One woman gave Kate a bracelet and she said: "George will probably chew on it so i'll keep it away from him"
William & Kate's presents came with a paper bag. Nice! #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/PjZavRa8wf

Last edited:
...I thought the article had quite a harsh tone to it. 'George dribbled constantly' is not a nice way of saying that he's teething IMO. It's natural for babies to dribble whilst they're teething...
The article state that Prince George is in a "full-blown teething mode". They made it quite clear why he is drooling.

It is not illegal here to take photographs of what's going on on private property, from public property...
Obviously it´s a big different between behaving legally and behaving decent and proper. It may be legally fine what these paparazzi have done, but it´s certainly nothing a morally reasonable person would or should do! Even in Australia nobody would liked to be photographed by strangers standing at their garden fence while doing a sunbath, a barbecue etc.

As was mentioned in Duke of Marmalade's post with the article about this mishap, what the paps did was perfectly legal in Australia but IMHO, showed very little consideration or regards for the Cambridges. With the full schedule of public events during this tour, there were plenty of opportunities to get the pictures and by totally ignoring the formal request to allow this couple and their son to have private downtime and then not to publish the pictures taken, it meant nothing to the paps. It puts a very bad light on the Australian media.

William and Kate were very tactful in their "relaxed" response to all of this and carried on as scheduled. They very well could up packed up their toys and gone home or create a big stink about it but they realize the more they added fuel to the fire, the more of an incident this would grow into being.

Back
Top Bottom