Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Paris - March 17-18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it me...?

That's why I said British royals passing out Shamrocks without connections. I don't think they are going to fly Grand Duke Jean over for St Patrick's Day. So if a royal does it, it's going to be a British one and everyone except the Queen (ruling the Cambridges out of running) doesn't have a tie to the Irish Guards. Just like many previous Shamrock passing outers.

Forgive me, this could be me but I am utterly lost by the above post?

That was back when the Paris trip was announced and people were speculating about the Cambridges missing the Irish Guards shamrock giving. All prior to them announcing that they are doing both today.

They just arrived at the Elysée palace, welcomed by President Hollande.
Kate is wearing the same green coat.

M.Hollande's suit looks SO cheap and badly fitted.. William's dull Navy contrives to look wonderful by comparison..

Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Paris: French*President Francois Hollande greets royal couple
Britain's ambassador to France said he hoped the visit to Paris will be a "special day", which will "underline the very close ties" between the two nations.

Lord Llewellyn said the Duke and Duchess' trip would emphasise the neighbourliness between Britain and France, in industries from culture and sport to the arts.

The royal couple embarked on their first official public tour together in France, following several visits for military commemorations and private holidays over the years.

Speaking ahead of the trip, ambassador Mr Llewellyn said: "This is a very exciting and special day, the first official visit by the royal couple, by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to Paris."

He said that, during his four-month time he had been struck by the "deep affection" the French have for the Royal Family.

I love Kate's green suit. It looks better without her hat, and her heels complete the outfit

Wow, the staircase design is so beautiful;

Here are some photos from the meeting with the French President at the Elysee Palace in Paris.

PPE

PPE Agency

Prince William Photos Photos - The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Paris: Day One - Zimbio

UK relationship with France to continue after Brexit, says prince - BBC News

Article from sky news - read more:
Prince William gets back to work at glitzy Paris party
On his first official visit to Paris with his wife, The Duchess of Cambridge, the Prince reassured the French that the depth of Britain's friendship with its neighbour would not change despite Brexit.

"Like all neighbours, sometimes our two nations encourage each other through mutual support," he said at the launch of Les Voisins, a celebration of Anglo-French links.

I really love the dress Kate wore tonight. It's a lovely shade and a gorgeous detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
That staircase picture is just lovely!

LaRae

A 12 minute video:
His Majesty Prince William is in Paris with the Duchess of Cambridge on an official visit. At a black tie dinner at the British embassy he conveyed his grandmother the Queen's 'affection' for Britain's old ally France. (ITN may not know it, but William isn't King yet.)
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
The first day of this visit was beautiful and amazing. The Cambridge's are charming everybody. They looked very good too. Nothing more pleasing than seeing this couple carrying out their roles on the world stage together.

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
Mrs Anna Llewellyn was stunning: effortless and chic. It was nice to see Mr Reno being in attendance at a black tie dinner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom