Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Paris - March 17-18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think so too. It's so good to see!:flowers:

The first day of this visit was beautiful and amazing. The Cambridge's are charming everybody. They looked very good too. Nothing more pleasing than seeing this couple carrying out their roles on the world stage together.

King Edward VII was credited with being instrumental in striking the Entente Cordiale with France in the early 20th century (whether that was a positive development or actually made World War I more likely is still open to debate though).

Nowadays, the British government is clearly using the Royal Family as a tool to charm European leaders, hoping that might cut them some slack in the Brexit negotiations. As much as the French still go gaga over the British royals, I'm afraid it won't move an inch though in their hostile negotiaton stance in the Brexit talks, especially with the prospect of the extremely Europhile Emmanuel Macron becoming president of France (François Fillon would have been a better pick for the Brits in that respect).

Last edited:
I happen to know the young curator at the musée d'Orsay who welcomed TRH at the impressionism galery.
That goes without saying that i was totally jealous this morning ...

:previous: And I am totally jealous that you know a curator at the Orsay!!!

Is there a particular point to the French visit? I can to a certain degree understand visits to Commonwealth countries, but France? Brexit??! :ermm::whistling::ROFLMAO::lol:

The PoW and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges are being dispatched to various European nations by the Foreign Office to reassure those countries of the UK's commitment to them in the wake of Brexit.

Charles and Camilla are going to Austria, Romania, and the Vatican in late March. The Cambridges will go to Poland and Germany.

Likely they'll head to other countries later in 2017.

I happen to know the young curator at the musée d'Orsay who welcomed TRH at the impressionism galery.
That goes without saying that i was totally jealous this morning ...
I am envious of your connections at the Musee d'Orsay.

As for The Duchess of Cambridge, the Chanel coat and bag were lovely. I was surprised to see the logo belt. Mrs Llewellyn's beige ensemble was better.

Last edited:
Is the rugby match the last event of this official visit?

Speaking Personally,

I truly enjoyed watching William and Catherine's official trip to Paris, France. My emotions were all over the place on the Cambridge's during the start of the week. This trip has eased those emotions.

William and Catherine has charmed the officials and people of Paris. It wasn't a large tour and they didn't meet a great deal of the public, but I think trip went very well and accomplished its goals. The trip had a hint of diplomacy, emotions and glamour. I think the Cambridge's did their royal job. I could tell William was embarrassed and a little tense about the week, but his years of training carried him through. Catherine's warm smile, love and support helped too.

This couple has let us all know everything is still good and they handled the pressure with a great deal of professionalism.

On the whole, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has made me very proud.

Lovely Pictures of the Power Couple-
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/post/158550641583/the-duke-and-duchess-during-their-paris-visit-on

http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/post/158552821938/middleton-maven-middletonmaven-the-duke

Picture Clip:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/post/158549728638/cambridgedom-chatting-at-the-rugby

Pictures:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/post/158550784318

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited Les Invalides military hospital in Paris where they met some victims of the terror attack on the Bataclan theatre in 2015. They will attend the Six Nations Rugby match between France and Wales at the Stade de France this afternoon.
Home - ITNSource News

Speaking Personally,

I truly enjoyed watching William and Catherine's official trip to Paris, France. My emotions were all over the place on the Cambridge's during the start of the week. This trip has eased those emotions.

William and Catherine has charmed the officials and people of Paris. It wasn't a large tour and they didn't meet a great deal of the public, but I think trip went very well and accomplished its goals. The trip had a hint of diplomacy, emotions and glamour. I think the Cambridge's did their royal job. I could tell William was embarrassed and a little tense about the week, but his years of training carried him through. Catherine's warm smile, love and support helped too.

This couple has let us all know everything is still good and they handled the pressure with a great deal of professionalism.

On the whole, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has made me very proud.

Lovely Pictures of the Power Couple-
World of Windsor : royalwatcher: The Duke and Duchess during their...

World of Windsor : Middleton Maven‏ @MiddletonMaven The Duke &...

Picture Clip:
World of Windsor : cambridgedom: Chatting at the rugby ...

Pictures:
World of Windsor

I have to agree. The royal mystic is obviously still there. Members of the BRF are always warmly welcomed to France and it's always a pleasure to see a good'ol royal visit to Paris.
But The Cambridges have to learn to not rest on their laurels. Work is the key and i'm looking forward to see them more often as full time royals .

The PoW and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges are being dispatched to various European nations by the Foreign Office to reassure those countries of the UK's commitment to them in the wake of Brexit.

Charles and Camilla are going to Austria, Romania, and the Vatican in late March. The Cambridges will go to Poland and Germany.

Likely they'll head to other countries later in 2017.

It is interesting the Cambridges get to go to the "big guns" (France, Germany, Poland, etc.) whereas Charles and Camilla get Austria, Romania, and the Vatican. I suppose the Foreign Office might feel that William and Kate's "charming power" may be greater than Charles and Camilla's, which is probably true BTW.

I would add King Felipe VI's upcoming state visit to the UK also as part of that royal "charming campaign", as Spain is one of the biggest EU countries.

I really don't see it as "big guns" at all. With Charles and Camilla's trips, at least two of them are pretty pertinent to Charles. Romania is a country that Charles absolutely loves and has several projects there. Anyone that knows anything about Charles knows he's a staunch defender of different religions and I imagine he and Pope Francis will get on famously.

All these trips are visits from the UK to the host country and not by the specific royal that represents Her Majesty, The Queen on them.

I really don't see it as "big guns" at all. With Charles and Camilla's trips, at least two of them are pretty pertinent to Charles. Romania is a country that Charles absolutely loves and has several projects there. Anyone that knows anything about Charles knows he's a staunch defender of different religions and I imagine he and Pope Francis will get on famously.

All these trips are visits from the UK to the host country and not by the specific royal that represents Her Majesty, The Queen on them.
To be fair, when it comes to EU, France and Germany is rather big gun..

Back
Top Bottom