Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Pakistan - October 14-18, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aga Khan

That’s wonderful

I am not sure! The Aga Khan is not only the last in a long line of questionable religious leaders, which made a very, very good living on the claim, to be descendants of the Prophet Mohammed. Their key to wealth: The claim to be themselves the only ones which could understand the Quran really... - He is a Shiite too.

And the Taliban have a problem with Shiites and ISIS/Daesh has a problem with the Taliban and the Shiites.

Of course the Cambridges visit him on behalf of the British Foreign Diplomacy, but it is unnessecary and endangers their trip to Pakistan which has a really big security problem.

Btw The respective Aga Khans back then in colonial times were collaborators with the British... while the Afghans, which are now in part Pakistanis, were not.

Last edited:
“I can’t reveal any further details of exactly what they are going to do due to security reasons - but it’s going to be fascinating #RoyalVisitPakistan”

Via Rebecca English Twitter

interesting - i wonder if given the security concerns they will publish an agenda for the visit, or release photos once the events have hapened/shortly before they happen.

i am quite excited, not long to go now!

What does that mean: the events are embargoed? No media allowed?

It means we won’t know the event is happening ahead of time. No agenda or itinerary will be released ahead of them leaving and I imagine we will know where they are going the day of or even, hour by hour.

Thanks. Is that normal for the BRF?
We normally know what the schedual is on the visits of our RF (Dutch).

We normally know what the schedual is on the visits of our RF (Dutch).

Nope. This is all because of the location. As previous posters have said, this tour is all about security.

Very excited! Can’t wait for this tour!

We normally know what the schedule is on the visits of our RF (Dutch).

This is the first time the whole tour has been embargoed (as far as I know). Usually, it’s only an event here or there that’s embargoed until the last moment.

William and Catherine will travel to Pakistan via the government’s official RAF Voyager jet.

RAF Voyager is reserved for The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with the Prime Minister for official overseas travel.

Last edited:
William and Catherine will travel to Pakistan via the government’s official RAF Voyager jet.

RAF Voyager is reserved for The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with the Prime Minister for official overseas travel.

This is clearly due to security reasons, as W&C often fly on commercial airlines for long haul travel.

Pakistan news confirms The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet with Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Arif Alvi in Islamabad on October 15

Reactions: eya
I am not surprised they are taking the RAF Voyager, they have used private jets before around Europe, but this has a lot of security risks associated with it so I guess they felt it better to rely on the RAF not contractors.

It also underlines how the Cambridges are part of the core "RF team" (The Queen, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate)

Unlikely IMO. Usually the media simply are asked not to report the details in return for being able to attend those events as well. So we will still gets pictures, reports etc. Remember that the RF usually travel with an officially accredited press pack so those media will know more than they can say atm.

That said, there will probably still be some events which are kept secret until the very last second even possibly from the media.

I agree with the use of the RAF Voyager too. This tells me also that its not William and Kate's *choice* to use a private jet but rather it is a mode of transportation that has been decided for them because of security issues.

Sometimes, the British royals have no choice in their methods of transportation. Their security is first and foremost in mind wherever they travel.

I guess now that HM no longer travels overseas, Charles is undertaking de-facto state visits and likewise W&K are undertaking the official visits Charles as heir would have.

As W&K take over more official roles as such it is only understandable that travelling by charter or RAF jet is required.

With the moderating team's failure to see how the Sussexes are linked to an official visit undertaken by the Cambridges, several posts have been deleted.

Enough with the comparisons in off-topic threads.

Yes, they must be already on the way, right?

I am always getting it wrong in the way Mother Earth is turning. Right, Pakistan is, when it comes to time, far ahead. So, when I come back to the forums tomorrow, the first day of the visit will be over. I am looking forward for the pics.

Ahhh... another royal tour to enjoy! Makes this week even better for me. I'm sure that the Cambridges will do a splendid job in Pakistan and be greeted warmly wherever they go.

“More than 1,000 police will secure the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Pakistan next week as the couple begin a visit the country hopes will dispel its image as a terrorist haven blighted by violence

The visit will be held under unprecedented security for a trip by the couple, as they travel across the country in what Kensington Palace described as their most complex visit ever undertaken.

Pakistani officials said the itinerary of their five-day stay was being tightly guarded by the military, with local media only being told details at the last minute.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...e-pakistan-hopes-visit/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I am always getting it wrong in the way Mother Earth is turning. Right, Pakistan is, when it comes to time, far ahead. So, when I come back to the forums tomorrow, the first day of the visit will be over. I am looking forward for the pics.

I understand they do not arrive in Pakistan until 9pm local time / 5pm British time / 6pm Central European time. That would suggest that they probably do not fly out until around 9am London time on Monday morning.

“More than 1,000 police will secure the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Pakistan next week as the couple begin a visit the country hopes will dispel its image as a terrorist haven blighted by violence

The visit will be held under unprecedented security for a trip by the couple, as they travel across the country in what Kensington Palace described as their most complex visit ever undertaken.

Pakistani officials said the itinerary of their five-day stay was being tightly guarded by the military, with local media only being told details at the last minute.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...e-pakistan-hopes-visit/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

It is a somewhat tricky trip, and one of vital importance to HM's government. This is up there with the trip to Israel and Palestine, in terms of the seriousness of the matters at stake. W&C would have been extensively briefed by the Foreign Office, the PM, HM and Prince Charles, and I am sure they will do very well.

In all the talk of transitions and stepping up, this is clearly a big step, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a somewhat tricky trip, and one of vital importance to HM's government. This is up there with the trip to Israel and Palestine, in terms of the seriousness of the matters at stake. W&C would have been extensively briefed by the Foreign Office, the PM, HM and Prince Charles, and I am sure they will do very well.

In all the talk of transitions and stepping up, this is clearly a big step, IMO.

Thanks, for the time explanation! And yes, it is also my opinion, that this is a very difficult and "tricky" visit. Especially, if one considers the vicinity to Afghanistan, and that the Pashtuns, these fearsome warriors, live in Pakistan as well.

It was mentioned, that they want to visit "the rugged" terrain in the West as well. Well, this would be the so called "tribal area", where the Taliban relax...

I wish them the princely couple a successfull voyage!

Actually, Pakistan is only +3 from you and me. So, if the Cambridges start their days at 9.00 it will be 6.00 for us.

Last edited:
According to Facebook they’re due to arrive into Pakistan at 9:30pm Monday 14th October. No engagements on Monday, they start on Tuesday meeting the President.

Chris Ship has confirmed that he’s flying out with The Duke and Duchess tomorrow.

Current time difference between UK and Pakistan is 5 hours.

From a family point of view flying out Monday would work, they can say goodbye to the children when they go to school then fly out. I suspect most the media will fly with them as the RAF voyager has plenty of room for the press at the back.

Back
Top Bottom