Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Ireland - March 3-5, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Camilla was cracking jokes about coronavirus today - said she was "self-isolating". People in Britain made jokes during the war - it's a way of diffusing the fear & tension. I'm very sorry for people having to cancel holidays Betsy - so disappointing if you have to.

Us Brits are renowned for making humorous comments in troublesome situations. It's just how we do things - as a nation we don't like to show our feelings much! I thought William's comment was more or less harmless. The only jokes about coronavirus I have problems with are the racially motivated ones towards Chinese/South East Asian people (of which William did not do).

Camilla was cracking jokes about coronavirus today - said she was "self-isolating". People in Britain made jokes during the war - it's a way of diffusing the fear & tension. I'm very sorry for people having to cancel holidays Betsy - so disappointing if you have to.

Lily, thought I’d give you an update - I did post this in the Coronavirus thread.

I’m very likely - well, just about 100% now - going to cancel my June trip to England and Scotland. It’s heartbreaking, but I couldn’t argue with my parents’ reasoning. They don’t want me to be alone in the UK should anything happen - be it quarantine or my own hospitalization. As all the experts are saying, it’s an uncertain time even in places not experiencing outbreaks, and I don’t do well with uncertainty. I don’t want to do this, but....there will always be an England and Scotland. They aren’t going anywhere, and I think it would be better travel domestically at this point. I’m sad about this, sigh, but I think my parents and I will plan a trip in the States for now.

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but the subject came up...

The Irish are the most welcoming, warm, people. I'm glad to see a friendship between nations so close but with a terrible past.
Kate and William show off spectacular views around Dublin.

Eimear Manning, and ambassador for Atlantic Youth met The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their coastal walk. She posted a twitter thread last night about the reaction a picture she tweeted received. It was frankly a disgusting response to such an innocent picture.

One tweet in particular from Eimear;

“My Twitter page is very small. Less than 200 followers. But after posting that image of me and the Duchess, the likes, retweets and comments started pouring in. Horrible, spiteful, hateful comments. Every single one of the comments directed at the Duchess. 4/“

Eimear Manning, and ambassador for Atlantic Youth met The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their coastal walk. She posted a twitter thread last night about the reaction a picture she tweeted received. It was frankly a disgusting response to such an innocent picture.

One tweet in particular from Eimear;

“My Twitter page is very small. Less than 200 followers. But after posting that image of me and the Duchess, the likes, retweets and comments started pouring in. Horrible, spiteful, hateful comments. Every single one of the comments directed at the Duchess. 4/“

Wow, I’m so sorry for her - and that Kate got that reaction. She said later in that she was shocked ...sadly to say, I’m not. People in general seem to be bitterly resentful towards the famous or the rich - I’ve heard too many things not to believe this.

Court Circular 3rd March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for Ireland, were received this afternoon upon arrival at Dublin International Airport by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Ireland (His Excellency Mr. Robin Barnett) and subsequently undertook engagements in Dublin.

Their Royal Highnesses were received by The President of Ireland and Mrs. Sabina Higgins at Áras an Uachtaráin, Phoenix Park.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge afterwards laid a wreath at the Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square East.

Their Royal Highnesses called upon Mr. Leo Varadkar (Taoiseach) at Government Buildings, Upper Merrion Street.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this evening attended a Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Ireland at the Gravity Bar, Guinness Storehouse.

Dr. Simon Case, Miss Natalie Barrows and Mr. Christian Jones are in attendance.

Court Circular 4th March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Jigsaw Dublin City, 44 Essex Street East, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited Extern, Savannah House, Ballinagappa, County Kildare.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited Teagasc Grange, Dunsany, County Meath.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Howth Cliffs.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this evening attended a Reception at the Museum of Literature Ireland, University College Dublin Naughton Joyce Centre, 86 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin.

Court Circular 5th March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning attended a Galway European Capital of Culture Reception at Tribeton, 1-3 Merchants Road, Galway, and were received by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Ireland (His Excellency Mr. Robin Barnett).

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Tig Cóilí, Mainguard Street, the Latin Quarter, Galway.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited Salthill Knocknacarra Gaelic Athletic Association Club, Cappagh Road, Galway.

Their Royal Highnesses later arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from Ireland.

Dr. Simon Case, Miss Natalie Barrows and Mr. Christian Jones were in attendance.

Back
Top Bottom