Old 03-05-2020, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William the juggler:

https://twitter.com/dfatirl/status/1...896737281?s=21

Old 03-05-2020, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess in Galway City today.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0305/11...sit-day-three/

Visit to Tig Coili Pub in Galway city

Gaelic Football and Hurling

Visit to the Art-Deco building in Galway city

Old 03-05-2020, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I see, the Cambridges fall back into old habits: Transforming every trip abroad into a children's bithday party...
Old 03-05-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
I see, the Cambridges fall back into old habits: Transforming every trip abroad into a children's bithday party...
The Royals often try activities they may not be particularly skilled at or even like, just to be good guests/sports when they are visiting on tour.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

There've been some nice pictures of them walking along the cliffs at Howth - just the two of them, looking very together.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The Royals often try activities they may not be particularly skilled at or even like, just to be good guests/sports when they are visiting on tour.
Yes especially if the activities are a part of the host nation's cultural heritage which is why we'll often see the royals graciously taking part in some sporting activities or traditional dances.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Yes especially if the activities are a part of the host nation's cultural heritage which is why we'll often see the royals graciously taking part in some sporting activities or traditional dances.
Has William had a go at hurling?
Old 03-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Love it and shows the Duke is a good sport,the trip to Ireland has been well received and the couple clearly enjoyed themselves.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Nobility

This trip is bound to be deemed a huge success for The Cambridge’s & Ireland’s hospitable & welcoming reputation.!No distracting background documentaries that we know about: tick, no political faux pas: tick, and certainly no whining & selfish self-promotion like other royal tours with you know who: tick!
Old 03-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4379626.html

They told people that George was learning the guitar, and Charlotte was into gymnastics :-) .
Old 03-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Yeah, may be, but I just can't see her Majesty The Queen doing circus tricks, or The Prince of Wales... This might be, because they are too old. What leads to the question: When will Prince William be too old?

My suspicion is: He, William, is especially asking for this kind of activities in the planning phase of his trips abroad. Maybe he thinks, this is funny... I don't! But this is just my humble opinion!
Old 03-05-2020, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yeah, may be, but I just can't see her Majesty The Queen doing circus tricks, or The Prince of Wales... This might be, because they are too old. What leads to the question: When will Prince William be too old?

My suspicion is: He, William, is especially asking for this kind of activities in the planning phase of his trips abroad. Maybe he thinks, this is funny... I don't! But this is just my humble opinion!
Yesterday The Duchess of Cornwall (72), chose to step inside an air raid shelter for a photo op and joked that she was self-isolating.

We all have different understandings of humour, to believe that Prince William is arranging events to show of his humorous and relatable side is an odd thing to assume. However, these events with children do show exactly that.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
This trip is bound to be deemed a huge success for The Cambridge’s & Ireland’s hospitable & welcoming reputation.!
There's a very positive vibe from the 3 day Visit here and it was as one said a mix of the Fun and the Serious!

The crowds of well wishers really in Galway were there since 7.30 am on a frosty and foggy March morning to wish them well.

I can imagine that Traditional Irish music session for the Duke and Duchess at Tig Coili will do not but good for its publicity.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Nobility

I love all activities and the this trip! Great turn-out despite Corona's scare.

Looking forward to their next trip!
Old 03-05-2020, 03:10 PM
Courtier

I thought a minute about what I was writing before... and now I know, what I really mean! Sorry for the texts from earlier this day!

I did recognize this at first at the Pakistan trip: What kind of Pakistan was shown to us, the interested western audiance: A very traditional,(.....) country...

And now in Ireland: I have seen funny activities, a dairy farm and some politicians (I don't know, if Sinn Fein folks were among them...).

(......)

So, if William wants to horse around, why not where it could count into the near future? And we, the audiance, could learn something new and exciting and modern about Ireland. Instead we see cows....

Just as an example!
(Sorry for my longer as ususal and boring text here! )
Old 03-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
And now in Ireland: I have seen funny activities, a dairy farm and some politicians (I don't know, if Sinn Fein folks were among them...).

(....)

So, if William wants to horse around, why not where it could count into the near future? And we, the audiance, could learn something new and exciting and modern about Ireland. Instead we see cows....
(....). Please bare in mind that this was a visit to the Republic of Ireland, where William and Catherine didn't just meet some politicians they met the President, and the Prime Minister (Taoiseach).

The "cows" they saw were on a research farm that was promoting sustainable farming research in Ireland. That's something new and exciting? They were shown cows and their baby calves before meeting children from local primary school, Kiltale School, who have been working on projects about healthy eating and nutrition. This links perfectly in with the work Catherine is doing for early years.

What did you want exactly?

I know I want to see my future King and Queen, visiting people, being with the people and understanding their ways of live.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The speech of the Irish Foreign Minister and HRH The Duke of Cambridge at St Stephen's Green in Dublin on Wednesday night.

Old 03-05-2020, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4379626.html

They told people that George was learning the guitar, and Charlotte was into gymnastics :-) .
Aww......I love how they give us little hints about the kids from time to time..
Old 03-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

A couple of posts have been edited to remove off topic references, as well as a derogatory comment about a country.

Please stay on topic!