Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no real events for the queen until June. She has a few engagements this month for her birthday but only POW and Camilla, and Philip, are to join her. There is a private dinner at the palace, so if we get photos of the couple, it will be them in the car arriving. May there are some horse events, but the queen herself is only scheduled to attend one day. There is nothing on the calendar for these two. And I can see William saying he needs to fill his air ambulance hours to make up for the time he missed for India, in May. He will also need time away in June when the bigger events for the birthday are.

I'm sure some engagements will come up, but they won't disappear until June. Their press team was with them in India, so I'm sure some meetings will be held and some diaries will be arranged.

Any meetings they have will be private as always, and not counted as engagements. Its not something we will see them for.

Any meetings they have will be private as always, and not counted as engagements. Its not something we will see them for.

Yes, I know, but I'm saying that I'm sure they will schedule some engagements with ther PS's and conducts some official engagements. It takes work to put together an official diary and official engagements.

All the more reason they will likely not take on engagements until June. As it is almost May as it is. If they planned on doing any engagements in the weeks after they returned, they could have easily been planned before they left for India.

William and Catherine have landed back home in the UK.

This has been a superb trip, and I hope as Rudolph that the rumours of a visit to Canada are true.

Kate have has been on many UK front pages through this visit, and here are today's royal front pages:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMRenjXIAA84-0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMU2CKXIAAbBmw.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMQDZjWwAAhadJ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMOe3GWsAA8uU8.jpg
Isn't there a dinner planned at Windsor for all the family to attend on the Queen's actual birthday April 21st or is that dinner planned for June?
The private birthday dinner at Windsor is on April 21 and the whole family will be there.

Last edited:
One of the Royal correspondents was bemoaning the postponement of the Spanish State visit in May as it's left a bit of a gap for royal- watchers.

They've landed back and are on their way to Buckleberry.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

One of the Royal correspondents was bemoaning the postponement of the Spanish State visit in May as it's left a bit of a gap for royal- watchers.

The Spanish state visit to the UK was going to be in March 8-10 not in May. Whatever engagements planned for May would have been done so many months before. They just usual announce them around 2 weeks in advance but sometimes they don't.

Regarding the Express article, it the UK govt with the invitation of the Indian govt who decided to for the Cambridges to go to India. There is also a extremely high terror alert in the world today. Splitting the Cambridges up would have increased the security costs. William really only had 3 short speeches. Kate isn't doing the speech for her husband's granny 90th at the garden party with William there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
How often have Philip or Camilla given speeches while on official tours with their spouses? Not very often.

The Cambridge's will not disappear until June.

I think Catherine will at least attend a Garden Party in May. She always attends one (except for last year, she just gave birth to Charlotte). Garden Parties are 10th and 24th of May this year, I expect her to join one of them.

And there are these horse shows for the Queen's birthday. It is said that senior members of the royal family will be present each day, so it might be an appereance for the Cambridges? Furthermore, I think they will do an engagement or two both. Australia/NZ was three weeks, this was only a week. So they might return sooner this time?

June will at least be quite busy for them: Trooping, Garter, SportsAid anniversary for Kate (expected), France, Wimbledon, Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen, Patrons lunch... Even if we only see them like twice in May, we have a wonderful June ahead of us! :)

A royal photographer who is usually no defender of the Cambridges seems pretty happy

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1
A big thank you to everyone @KensingtonRoyal who helped make #RoyalVisitIndia #RoyalVisitBhutan visually one of my best tours in over 20 yrs

^^I think that high-level the main gripe that reporters and photographers have with the Cambridges. They may call them work-shy and claim that they aren't as dedicated as far as other royals go, but personally I think they're really just angry that they don't get to take as many pictures or write as many stories on the Cambridges as they would like. The media exist to sell and the Cambridges limiting access and not going out as much, I think, make the media's job more difficult. I'm not surprised that photographer has been complimentary after the tour because he got what he wanted: pictures to sell.

It’s been a whirlwind week travelling with William and Kate and I’ve enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

It came at a much-needed time for the couple who were facing accusations of being workshy and criticism over their use of royal helicopters .

But after seven days in the spotlight , the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have reminded us all that they know how to charm the crowds.
Read more: Royal tour is mission accomplished for William and Kate - now it's home to George and Charlotte - Victoria Murphy - Mirror Online

Oh the horror. Press questions had to be submitted in advance. William and Kate must be crazy. Because, you know the Queen is always walking around, free access, answering questions from off the cuff. :bang:

A royal photographer who is usually no defender of the Cambridges seems pretty happy

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1
A big thank you to everyone @KensingtonRoyal who helped make #RoyalVisitIndia #RoyalVisitBhutan visually one of my best tours in over 20 yrs

Well he did say visually so Im guessing he made his money back many times over from the pictures sold.

Interesting that KP replied back. They usually don't do that

:previous: Aw, I miss the good old days when the DM would float a text total cost on top of the photo. :lol:

:previous: Aw, I miss the good old days when the DM would float a text total cost on top of the photo. :lol:
And I'm surprised that they did not use their usual expression ''on taxpayers money'' in the headline.

It is actually pretty interesting, I was wondering about some of the outfits. The totals are all wrong as they count clothes she already has. And jewels

It is actually pretty interesting, I was wondering about some of the outfits. The totals are all wrong as they count clothes she already has. And jewels

I agree - repeats, shoes, bags and jewelry should not be included ... exception for unique pieces specific for the tour (i.e. the lapis earrings). by my account (using their price estimates - which I'm sure were high) - the incremental cost was approx 20,000 british pound

Funny, we didn't see a price breakdown for Camilla's tour wardrobe or the cost of William's or Harry's tour clothes. A Saville row custom suit isn't cheap.

Kate is the only one that gets a the cost of her outfit published on every Royal engagement. The Queen's at the London Zoo was just described wearing a pale blue coat and hat with feather adornment. If that was Kate, we would know every designer and the retail cost of the clothes, hat, shoes, purse and jewelry.

Funny, we didn't see a price breakdown for Camilla's tour wardrobe or the cost of William's or Harry's tour clothes. A Saville row custom suit isn't cheap.

Kate is the only one that gets a the cost of her outfit published on every Royal engagement. The Queen's at the London Zoo was just described wearing a pale blue coat and hat with feather adornment. If that was Kate, we would know every designer and the retail cost of the clothes, hat, shoes, purse and jewelry.

The media treats Catherine totally different than the rest of the family. I could could careless on how much Catherine's wardrobe costs.

The media wants to market Catherine's wardrobe like they did for Diana.

Is Crown Princesses Mary, Victoria, Queen's Letizia, Maxima and Princess Mette Marit treated like this?

Last edited:

All the press are doing is copying the Kate fans who search the Internet and tell everyone what she is wearing, who made it and the cost of it. Shoes, clothes, jewellery and then "repli-Kates" which are affordable clothes. There are so many people doing it.

The only other Royal who has this happen is Sophie but I think that's only one or two who do it.

And they don't usually credit those that supply the information

This is a report from the BBC with a great contribution by the legendary photographer Arthur Edwards. Hope this works - Yes! it does.

https://t.co/kkE5ATziV3

You have to just love Arthur Edwards!

Yes, you do and bless him for saying what he did. Also thanks to cepe for the gem of a find!!

I'm personally very pleased with the way my future king and queen have gone about this tour. They've been interested, engaged, polite and friendly throughout. I'm sure HM is pleased too. Well done to them and their team.

As am I!! This was a fantastic tour and well done to the Cambridges on giving the Queen a wonderful early 90th Birthday Present.
:)

Did anyone else look at photos from the trip and think of how these parents will share pictures of the trip with the kids? Because my mind went there a lot.
What fun to show your child pictures of you feeding a baby elephant or petting a baby rhino. And what a learning opportunity to show the kids the other children you met in the slums of Mumbai, the wild fringes of Assam, the cricket grounds or elsewhere.
Imagine being able to explain to Charlotte or George who is in that statue at the Ghandi home or how the tiger temple was located where it was? Oh and here are Mom and Dad at that temple holding hands!
I know when I was young, I used to ask my mom about what she wore in old pictures and she would tell me stories of this dress or that pair of shoes. I do hope Charlotte and mommy discuss the Pinkham blue and the Anna Sui wild choice.
And that Charlotte and George get to play with some of those many scarves that Mom and Dad bring home. Because a scarf can be many things and children need to explore that a bit.

So can a pile of old couch cushions. Me, my nephews and niece had more fun w/those and a battered chairs and table set of my Sister's. :D. My Parents did the same w/me and their old photos. There are ways to explain things to little ones and have them understand. I can see the photos from the Park and hike in Bhutan being shown to George and Mummy and Daddy telling him about them, as right now that's right for his age and will be cool. As he and Charlotte grow, I'm sure more stories will be shared, but right now, that's a perfect place to start and it's never too early to start.

I guarantee they'll have engagements in May. They just arrived back in the UK and the negative nellies are already out and about.

I think 2016 will be one of their busier years. I hope rumours of a visit to Canada come through

I hope so too. I also hope somewhere in Northeastern Ontario is part of it. I can always hope at least!!

Let's be fair. Anne went to the Falklands and rested up for wk when she returned, and C&C did the Balkans nd haven't done anything to spk of for a fortnight. They all take time off, esp those with other responsibilities be they children or grandchildren. Wessexes have done nothing for a fortnight because of Easter and school holidays. The Cambridges are no different.

Just saying they are no different from the rest.

Plus they also had George to get readjusted to being back home from the Kiwi/Aussie Tour, not just them, so the long break after wasn't that big of a surprise to me. I can't see them disappearing, as some put it, there's too much happy stuff happening in the next few weeks. HM's 90th, their 5th Anniversary and a little Princess' very 1st Birthday. There's going to be at least a couple of pictures for Charlotte's Birthday and I'm hopeful for at least a Family Portrait for the Queen's Birthday. Add in a couple of Engagements and...I don't think we'll see them disappear.

In fact, the only time I can legitimately see them "lying low on purpose" over the next few weeks, is during the time of The Invictus Games. That's Harry's time to shine, so in turn...:)

All in all...This was a fantastic tour and Their Royal Highnesses did Her Majesty and their Country proud and more than deserve a bit of break to catch their breath after what was a very hectic and jam packed week and a bit!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree - repeats, shoes, bags and jewelry should not be included ... exception for unique pieces specific for the tour (i.e. the lapis earrings). by my account (using their price estimates - which I'm sure were high) - the incremental cost was approx 20,000 british pound

I think the most egregious inclusion was counting things she'd bought before they were married.

Yes, you do and bless him for saying what he did. Also thanks to cepe for the gem of a find!!

As am I!! This was a fantastic tour and well done to the Cambridges on giving the Queen a wonderful early 90th Birthday Present.
:)

So can a pile of old couch cushions. Me, my nephews and niece had more fun w/those and a battered chairs and table set of my Sister's. :D. My Parents did the same w/me and their old photos. There are ways to explain things to little ones and have them understand. I can see the photos from the Park and hike in Bhutan being shown to George and Mummy and Daddy telling him about them, as right now that's right for his age and will be cool. As he and Charlotte grow, I'm sure more stories will be shared, but right now, that's a perfect place to start and it's never too early to start.

I hope so too. I also hope somewhere in Northeastern Ontario is part of it. I can always hope at least!!

Plus they also had George to get readjusted to being back home from the Kiwi/Aussie Tour, not just them, so the long break after wasn't that big of a surprise to me. I can't see them disappearing, as some put it, there's too much happy stuff happening in the next few weeks. HM's 90th, their 5th Anniversary and a little Princess' very 1st Birthday. There's going to be at least a couple of pictures for Charlotte's Birthday and I'm hopeful for at least a Family Portrait for the Queen's Birthday. Add in a couple of Engagements and...I don't think we'll see them disappear.

In fact, the only time I can legitimately see them "lying low on purpose" over the next few weeks, is during the time of The Invictus Games. That's Harry's time to shine, so in turn...:)

All in all...This was a fantastic tour and Their Royal Highnesses did Her Majesty and their Country proud and more than deserve a bit of break to catch their breath after what was a very hectic and jam packed week and a bit!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Releasing photos of Charlotte is not the same as making appearances. The birthday dinner for the queen is a private event, as is Charlotte's birthday. Unless they attend one of the horse events in May, the queen's birthday events are in June (that we will see them). When people say 'disappear' they mean for engagements. Being out and doing work in public eye for their charities. Not closed door meeting, closed door birthday parties and close door photo shoots with the kids.

It's Harry's time to shine?? Harry had no problem doing engagement while they were in India. Just like his events didn't steal any thunder from the tour, Kate visiting a hospital wouldn't steal the limelight from Invictus.

In post it here because it is about costs.

And here we go again. I don't even bother to read it.

The real cost of the Duchess's outfits during her seven-day royal tour | Daily Mail Online

I think it's not fair for the article to state it like that because there were a few things that were recycled/old. They make it seem that the whole wardrobe is new and costs that much when actually it is less. Also, who knows what was brought on sale (if anything was).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom