Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some great photos. It looks like a very well done engagement, and as though their presence was well-received. Very nice!

Very nice engagement. They were well received

Quite a huge turn out for them too. It's great to see the support after all the drama.

Quite a huge turn out for them too. It's great to see the support after all the drama.

Yes- I suspect people made a point of showing up to demonstrate support. It’s not lost on anyone the stress this puts them under.

He seems to be quite confident with it as well. Showing he didn’t just learn it for yesterday.

Very impressed with William.

Last year, he spoke Swahili very well in one of the events. I was pleasantly surprised.

It's great to see the Cambridges back to work. I wonder if they will start to take over more engagements and charities due to the recent Sussex controversy. Lovely as well to see William speaking in BSL - I'd love to learn it myself!

A cute moment - I think Charlotte mostly looks like the Middletons but there are some angles where she looks a lot like William did as a child - so I can understand why he and Catherine would be surprised!

First, that cake is amazing. Massive kudos to the baker/designer/artist. Second, how flipping cute are William and Kate?! And third, as Charlotte has gotten older I've thought she's looking more and more like William but in that particular picture she absolutely could have been his twin. I wonder if the family often thinks she looks like William or if it was a surprise to her parents when they saw that photo?

A new joint engagement for the Cambridge’s;

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the UK Holocaust Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony in Westminster on Monday 27th January.

2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau”

I thought it was a joint engagement tonight at the Africa event...does anyone know if it got changed to just William?

LaRae

I thought it was a joint engagement tonight at the Africa event...does anyone know if it got changed to just William?

LaRae

Its a BRF event, William and Catherine are hosting alongside Edward, Sophie and Anne. :flowers:

Its a BRF event, William and Catherine are hosting alongside Edward, Sophie and Anne. :flowers:

Yes I thought so...but I'm not seeing any pics of the Catherine or Sophie/Edward yet.

LaRae

Yes I thought so...but I'm not seeing any pics of the Catherine or Sophie/Edward yet.

LaRae

The event hasn't happened...what William partook in earlier was a separate event.

Court Circular 15th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today visited Bradford City Hall, Centenary Square, Bradford, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Midlands (Mr Edmund Anderson).

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited MyLahore British Asian Kitchen, 52 Great Horton Road, Bradford.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge afterwards joined representatives from Near Neighbours and Better Start Bradford at the Khidmat Centre, 36 Spencer Road, Bradford.

This is from my new favorite blog...I’ve never ever been a girly girl, not even as a girl, so I was never into fairy tale princesses and the like. Kate is the only princess I’ve ever cared for, I think because she’s so down to earth and wonderful. The last line is my favorite...Charles needs and will need both of them going forward, and they are rock solid. Also, while others might get notice for being glamorous, it’s lovely to see William and Kate being appreciated for their own brand of glamour.

So, we can see that privately, there is a different balance between the two than the balance in their public professional roles, where William has unquestionably been the dominate royal. Now, in developing solo projects and building her identity as a royal, Kate has stepped out and quietly, but confidently, taken ownership of her royal status in her own right. Her work (which has been very diplomatic, very role-appropriate (future Queen), and very steady and focused) has evened up her professional position. In doing so, she has made the Cambridges—together—a stronger force within the family. Before, they were superstars for their Cinderella story. But as Kate has stepped forward and joined William at a commensurate level professionally, she has shifted their energy. As wonderful as that season was, these two don’t feel like Prince Charming and Princess Cinderella anymore; they radiate more mature royalty—they feel like a future king and a future queen. Before they were our favorite fairytale; now they are a power couple.

https://fromberkshiretobuckingham.blogspot.com/2020/01/kates-professional-shift-has-changed.html

Reactions: Fem
This is from my new favorite blog...I’ve never ever been a girly girl, not even as a girl, so I was never into fairy tale princesses and the like. Kate is the only princess I’ve ever cared for, I think because she’s so down to earth and wonderful. The last line is my favorite...Charles needs and will need both of them going forward, and they are rock solid. Also, while others might get notice for being glamorous, it’s lovely to see William and Kate being appreciated for their own brand of glamour.

https://fromberkshiretobuckingham.blogspot.com/2020/01/kates-professional-shift-has-changed.html

So true!

Thanks for the link to the blog, I haven't seen it before, it's really good.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the UK Holocaust Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony in London.

What an incredibly humbling experience to meet a survivor.

I would love to volunteer at an organisation helping Holocaust survivors, since the majority will sadly not be here much longer to tell their stories. It was fantastic that the Cambridges met with Holocaust survivors today and also great to hear that Catherine is already telling George about the Holocaust. Many younger people today know very little about the Holocaust and it's so important that we keep reminding younger generations what happened.

I would love to volunteer at an organisation helping Holocaust survivors, since the majority will sadly not be here much longer to tell their stories. It was fantastic that the Cambridges met with Holocaust survivors today and also great to hear that Catherine is already telling George about the Holocaust. Many younger people today know very little about the Holocaust and it's so important that we keep reminding younger generations what happened.

I agree. It is such a meaningful cause if you get an opportunity to volunteer.

Court Circular 27th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon attended the Holocaust Memorial Day Commemoration Ceremony at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London SW1, and were received by Mr. Kevin Traverse-Healy (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom