Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel of the Irish Guards, accompanied by The Duchess, will attend the St. Patrick's Day Parade at Cavalry Barracks on Saturday 17th March.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake engagements celebrating the Commonwealth on 22 March. They will meet athletes supported by @TeamSportsAid, some of whom aim to compete in the 2022 Commonwealth Games, and help to prepare a Commonwealth Big Lunch at @StLukesTrust.

via Kensington Palace Twitter

I think she's gonna continue working till at least the end of March.

LaRae

St Patricks Day must be one of the Duchess's last official acts.

She's scheduled for two more next week but yes I agree that she'll likely stop her engagements soon.

It appears they are announcing her schedule 1 week at a time. St Patrick’s day, while a tradition was not announced by KP until 3/9. She could be working a lot closer as long as she is comfortable.

Really it's hard to tell because of the bulky coat. I'd have to see her without it to really tell.

LaRae

I really like her hair today.

LaRae

Richard Palmer

Verified account

@Royalreporter
1m1 minute ago

The Duchess of Cambridge is undertaking her last public engagements today before going off on maternity leave, Kensington Palace says.

The Cambridge’s are back on the royal stage! ?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the first Global Ministerial Mental Health Summit on Tuesday 9th October. The summit is being co-hosted by the UK Government and the OECD and will run from the 9th-10th October.

The Mental Health Summit will see political figures, leading academics and policy-makers from around the world come together with one common goal: better mental health for all. The meeting will help countries work together to deal with stigma attached to mental health and address other issues to do with mental ill-health.

Around 1 in 4 people globally will experience a mental health problem at some point in their life, with around 450 million people currently living with a diagnosed mental ill-health condition. Mental illness is also the biggest cause of lost economic output, with an estimated cost to the global community of nearly US$2.5 trillion a year.

Their Royal Highnesses will attend a workstream on ‘Children, Young People and the Next Generation’ where they will hear presentations on two case studies of active mental health programmes from Slovenia and the USA. This workstream reflects one of the six key themes being discussed at the summit.

The Duke and Duchess will also visit the exhibition area and meet with representatives from a number of organisations to hear more about their mental health campaigns and programmes. Their Royal Highnesses will also view the work of Dairo Vargas, a contemporary fine artist from Columbia who will be painting an original piece of art at the Summit, inspired by the day’s events.

Finally Their Royal Highnesses will visit a Friendship Bench, part of an innovative programme from Zimbabwe which has taught elderly Zimbabwean women the skills to become city lay health workers.

Shorter than I expected. Loved them painting. Cute moment.

:previous: It really is great to see them together again after all this (well deserved) time. I think Catherine brings out the fun in William and he appears less serious. But there is no doubting they are a formidable team. :flowers:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon gave a Reception at Kensington Palace for the finalists of BBC Radio One’s Teen Hero Awards.

- Court Circular ll 17 October 2018

It is thought that the royal couple welcomed teenagers - Lily Rice, Junior Frood and Siena Castellon - into their home to praise them for their inspirational work after being crowned Teen Heroes of 2018.

Speaking to HELLO! after the meet-and-greet, 16-year-old Siena - who has supported other students with autism and learning difficulties - revealed: "It was such an honour and privilege to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace.

They were both genuinely interested in my website, www.QLMentoring.com, which I created to support and mentor autistic students and students with learning disabilities.

Of meeting the royals, she added: "The Duchess was especially interested in addressing autism stereotypes and was saddened to hear about the severity of the disability-related bullying I have experienced. She congratulated me for being a Diana Award holder and for currently serving on the National Youth Board, a role that has given me a national platform through which to share my disability-based bullying experience.

They were both incredibly warm, supportive and encouraging. Meeting them was an awesome experience! They have inspired me continue to make a positive difference in my community.”
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge host surprise reception at Kensington Palace - exclusive details

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom