Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WILL VISIT COVENTRY

Tuesday 16th January 2018

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Coventry for a day of engagements on Tuesday 16th January.

It's going to be a busy week for two of the couples who reside at Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
I know that Swedes and Norwegians are enthusiasts of outdoor activities in the coldest weather, but is that wise with Kate so close to delivery ? She didn't grow up in that kind of climate exactly.

Isn't there going to be a formal dinner in Sweden and Norway both?

LaRae

No, in Sweden there will just be a black tie dinner at the Residence of the British Ambassador:
That evening, The Duke and Duchess will attend a black tie dinner at the Residence of the British Ambassador, attended by members of the Swedish Royal Family, and representatives from government, and popular culture, including Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, and actors Stellan Skarsgård and Alicia Vikander.

https://www.royal.uk/sweden-and-norway-statement-communications-secretary-duke-and-duchess-cambridge

Details about the Nordic visit. Some black tie...could we hope for a tiara event?

LaRae

No, there will be no tiaras.

I know that Swedes and Norwegians are enthusiasts of outdoor activities in the coldest weather, but is that wise with Kate so close to delivery ? She didn't grow up in that kind of climate exactly.

She’s going to stand and watch people perform sports, not actually doing anything herself. I trust that she will wear appropriately warm clothes. She’s only 6 months along, hardly close to delivery.

LOL! She's only pregnant and it's not as if she shovelling snow. And she is still 3 months away from her due date, which is nowhere near delivery. Give Catherine, and for that sake, pregnant women in general a little more credit.

CP Mary and Queen Maxima managed their pregnancies very well considering neither grew up in a Scandinavian climate. Catherine will be just fine :)

I'm looking forward to these visits. Would have been nice if they also visited Denmark again.

Not the done thing to go back to somewhere they have been until they have visited the majority of the countries (outside of Commonwealth countries) within a region e.g. Europe, that they haven't visited yet. There are exceptions of course - such as the visits that relate to the various commemorations for WWI although most of those have been to places associated with commonwealth commemorations that happen to have been in France or Belgium rather than simply a visit to those countries.

In addition the protocol is that there should be a return visit first so the Danes should make a visit to the UK before another visit by William and Kate (and no a day at the races doesn't count as that wasn't an 'official engagement as it was Ascot and only the Queen and the DoE ever visit their officially).

A very large turnout for The Cambridges. Someone even wolf whistled Catherine :lol:

It seems that people are quite excited about the Cambridges too (as I already knew BTW), and not just the other two.

I was there (just nipped into the pub to try and warm up - it's so cold!) The crowd were really excited ?

:previous: So exciting for you. - Did you see them?

Here's a video from ITN:

Last edited:
Tortilla Chips-Glad that you were able to see the Cambridges today. Stay warm.

Sure did ? we were in front of where their car pulled up ? then moved and saw them coming down the steps from the old cathedral to the new
Really glad that you were able to see them. :flowers:

More videos from ITN:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Coventry today for the first time since the city was awarded the UK City of Culture 2021:
https://itnproductions.com/news/vid...ince-william-and-kate-on-royal-visit?type=raw

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have walked through the ruins of Coventry Cathedral cheered by hundreds of flag-waving schoolchildren and well-wishers. William and Kate began their day in the city by visiting its famous landmark which was destroyed by bombing during the Second World War but is now a symbol of hope and peace:
https://itnproductions.com/news/vid...attend-service-at-coventry-cathedral?type=raw

Last edited:
Prince William and Kate Middleton better update their resumes!

During an official outing this week, the royal couple were so adept at chatting to young people living in challenging circumstances that they were offered the chance to work at a charity.

While bonding with teens at the Positive Youth Foundation in Hillfields during their visit to Coventry on Tuesday, they asked all the right questions, experts say.

“They were incredibly approachable and very well engaged – so much so I might even send them an application form for a job at the organization,” Rashid Bhayat, Positive Youth Foundation’s CEO, tells PEOPLE. “They were brilliant with the young people. They would be great to come and join us.”
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Receive Charity Job Offer | PEOPLE.com

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall on 18th February.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Excellent news as we're likely moving into the last months of Kate's engagements before baby Cambridge makes its appearance.

I figure as long as she doesn't have any issues arise we will see her thru the end of next month.

I don't expect to see her after the first of April.

LaRae

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Sunderland on Wednesday 21st February, where they will officially open the music and arts hub @FireStationSun before visiting #NorthernSpire, an ambitious and striking new bridge over the River Wear.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

So...both Harry/Meghan and William/Kate in Scotland a few days apart!

LaRae

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will officially open Sunderland’s new arts hub later this month.

Prince William and his wife Kate will be in the city on Wednesday, February 21 to open The Fire Station, a new arts hub for the city which houses a dance studio, drama studio, a heritage centre and a popular bistro, the Engine Room.

The Duke and Duchess will watch workshops and performances from some of the groups using The Fire Station, where a £3.5m transformation was completed late last year thanks to a £2.4m Heritage Lottery Fund grant.
Read more: William and Kate to open The Fire Station

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom