Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Is it a Scottish thing? "Your Grace" was used in both England and Scotland until Henry VIII decided that he wanted to be "Your Majesty" to show that he was head of the Church and the universe and so on and so forth :) , and "Your Royal Highness" wasn't used anywhere at that time, but Scotland stuck with "Your Grace".

Non royal Dukes are still "Your Grace" aren't they? And Archbishops. It might be as Yukari says because William is acting as Lord High Commissioner. I can't find any info on whether it's a Scottish style instead of HRH. I think PC is still referred to as HRH when he's DoR.

They look like they're having fun on the beach.

Is it a Scottish thing? "Your Grace" was used in both England and Scotland until Henry VIII decided that he wanted to be "Your Majesty" to show that he was head of the Church and the universe and so on and so forth :) , and "Your Royal Highness" wasn't used anywhere at that time, but Scotland stuck with "Your Grace".

I believe it was explained elsewhere that they used "Your Grace" because of William being the Lord High Commissioner of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.

Really lovely to see the Duke and Duchess back in St Andrew's today.

The royal couple also paid a nice friendly visit to Pittenweem.

Last edited:
I assume there are no requirements to keep your distance anymore in Scotland? If there are, it seems better that the royal family refrains from visiting public locations to avoid people gathering closely together as happened today.

I love that they drove Philip’s old car for movie night!

A Thank you card from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:

"To the people, communities and organisations we visited and heard from; and those who stopped to wave and make our return to Scotland so special - thank you!

Sketch of St Andrew’s by Duchess of Cambridge, 2002."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2fDg0QXEAUtCZm?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2fDg0NXIAA1z5i?format=jpg&name=large

"The thoughtful note featured a sketch of St Andrews - the university town where the couple met while both studying - which Kate drew in 2002.It shows a view of the town from West Sands beach, with the Duchess seemingly using a splash of blue watercolour paint to bring out the sky."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ddleton-share-thank-card-people-Scotland.html

That sketch of St. Andrews by Catherine is quite good. She's quite a creative and artistic person isn't she? This is another area that she has in common with her father-in-law and something that they're both quite good at. ?

Wow! Quite impressive!

I couldn't do that (not artistic at all)

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016

I’m so impressed. That’s lovely. Catherine is very skilled in the arts.

Last edited:
Wow, that’s a great sketch! I’ve always thought Catherine was a talented photographer, but I don’t think I ever knew she could draw.

I can see why she and Charles seem to get along well.

Posts discussing the Cambridges at the England vs Germany Euro 2020 match, have been moved here.

Last edited:
Quick turn around from last night. Northern Ireland has two royal visits in two weeks. Good to see them out and about visiting people.

She's braver than me in petting that tarantula and looking like it's as cute as the duckling

Last edited by a moderator:
She is clearly no arachnophobic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick turn around from last night. Northern Ireland has two royal visits in two weeks. Good to see them out and about visiting people.

Yes great to see them in Northern Ireland and hopefully we'll have more visits to the North as things start to come back to normal.

I am not afraid of spiders but there is no way I could allow a tarantula to sit on my hand. Young Catherine is braver than I am. And she looks lovely in that pant suit.

Years ago when I was a Girl Scout leader, we took our Brownie troop to a local nature center where one of the attractions was that a tarantula was brought out for the girls to handle and feel how fuzzy they are. Every single little girl wanted to hold the tarantula. None of us adult leaders would go near the thing. Me included.

The wonder of a child eh? Catherine had guts. Real guts to do that if you ask me. :D

As an animal lover I would hold any animal unless it is a bird so it was nothing special for me that she held this cute little spider.

Short video from today's event at Kew Gardens.

Always good to see the engage directly with children, espoecially on a topic that we know is close to William's heart.

I'm sure it's having kids of their own that really helps them communicate to kids on a public basis. To inspire children is to change the world. ?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have reacted and send their thoughts and prayers after the murder of Sir David Amess (Conservative MP of Southend West) on Friday 15 October 2021.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
We are shocked and saddened by the murder of Sir David Amess, who dedicated 40 years of his life to serving his community.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and colleagues. W & C
6:05 AM · Oct 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom