The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Queen fondly remembers growing up with her sister and parents and it being "we four". I see this with the Cambridge family only its "we five". When its possible, the entire family joins in on a project together and those are such wonderful experiences for growing children. The recent video of the three kids with David Attenborough must have been fun for the entire family and it sets a bond with the kids learning about something but also being the Cambridge family that works and plays together.
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.

Old 10-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.

I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.
I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-14-2020, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

I am not quite sure where to put this post.

Kensington Royal has announced the winner for Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to Sergey Gorshkov for his photo ‘The Embrace’ - the winning image of this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year (@NHM_WPY)!
This competition attracts the very best in wildlife photography, giving us such powerful insights into the natural world #WPY56
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...04358800347137
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.

I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.
Of couse they saw quite a bit of them, esp as Eliz looked likely to be queen eventaully as it didn't look like David woudl have a family.... and As far as I recall, George and Mary took charge of the children when their parents were away on long tours.....
Old 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Administrator

A nice new video exchange:

"One year on from #RoyalVisitPakistan (..)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge caught up with teachers at Islamabad Model College for Girls to hear how the school’s activities have been impacted, before joining pupils in a game of Pictionary"

** video **
Old 10-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing. An excellent idea to use Pictionary as a learning to for their English language class.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cambridges being reportedly filmed for the Pride of Britain Awards.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...05014244462593

Quote:
William and Kate spotted filming with Kate Garraway in London hours after launching Hold Still exhibition | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a bit of tongue in cheek. KFC UK and Ireland has tweeted two possible "puns". I used the word "pun" very loosely here, because it's not the same word with double meaning.

There is also a picture of Prince William looking through the KFC's shop window.
KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
William whispered quietly to himself;
“Oh, I just can’t wait to be wing”
12:39 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
Replying to @KFC_UKI
I’m sad I didn’t call him His Royal Thighness in the main tweet tbh
12:54 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/KFC_UKI/status/1318547339573940225

This was taken during the #HoldStill exhibition
Old 10-28-2020, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Here's more about the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Pride of Britain Awards:

** dm: 'It is our tremendous honour': Kate Middleton and Prince William present Pride of Britain award to NHS workers on behalf of the nation ..**
Old 11-11-2020, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Kate both spoke with serviceman to mark Remembrance week. Some videos were posted on their instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbWuh4FQ_H/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbRgZsFTPk/

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...1499884549320/

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...1500471215928/
Old 12-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55198752

William and Kate are off on a thank you tour :-) .
Old 12-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a brilliant idea this train trip is. I'm sure they'll be greeted at every stop with smiles and appreciation. It's a great way to highlight the people that have made surviving this pandemic easier for everyone all around.

This is what royal engagements and duty is all about. I'm going to enjoy following their trail as they make their way through England, Scotland and Wales.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

That’s wonderful ! I just saw a documentary on PBS about the Royal Train - perfect timing! Seriously, this is the kind of thing the BRF is so good at ..

I admit, I can’t help wondering if this could have gone ahead had Charles been scheduled to do this - I’m thinking of potential bad reaction due to the Crown.

In any case, William and Kate are wonderful with the public - this is just fantastic.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Fab idea! A great pre-Christmas morale boost and a good use of the royal train (I suspect it is a bit of a necessity as it creates a Covid secure base for them).
Old 12-05-2020, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the doc I watched (actually it was a documentary in two parts - about Royal travel; the second part was about the Royal plane/s), they mentioned that only the most senior Royals (HM, Duke, Charles, Camilla) get to ride the Royal Train. Meghan did when HM invited her to one of her engagements, but Kate has never been on it, so, this will be a first for her!
Old 12-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Since many people are discouraged from travelling perhaps a "victory" train tour after COVID goes away would be more appropriate. It would encourage crowds waiting for the train now. The vaccines are just starting to be given out, COVID is not gone yet and is spiking now.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Alison H;2358674]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55198752

William and Kate are off on a thank you tour :-) .[/QUOTE

Thank you for sharing the news. Looking forward to seeing the photos of the trip through the UK to thank the frontline workers.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

A tour through the country, visiting a whole bunch of strangers, when the country is meant to be on near lockdown

I do wonder how royals think these are good ideas

Yes I know lockdown has been lifted for Christmas. But they are still telling people to stay close to home, and limit interaction and so on. The royals doing this is only going to encourage people to come out to stations to see them. They are supposed to lead by example, not see what we do, and do the opposite.

The photo op with medical staff in April, around the time William came down with covid come to anyone's mind

There is better ways of showing support then taking a holiday tour.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

No doubt their will be strict protocols in place. Along with Mandatory masks and plenty of hand sanitizer people will Or should be medically screened in some way Or Have their temp taken on sight. I am sure crowds will be limited as well.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge