The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2020, 06:58 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge received President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine and his wife at Buckingham Palace today, October 7:

** Pic ** dailymail article **

Old 10-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Courtier

William's also visited a primary school in Liverpool, to open its new insect house - "Bugingham Palace" :-).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...lliam-19055705

And I haven't seen the environmentalism documentary yet, but I believe it was very good.

William and Kate are doing an excellent job at a very difficult time.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
William's also visited a primary school in Liverpool, to open its new insect house - "Bugingham Palace" :-).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...lliam-19055705

And I haven't seen the environmentalism documentary yet, but I believe it was very good.

William and Kate are doing an excellent job at a very difficult time.
I saw that on Victoria Arbiter’s Twitter - Bugingham Palace, Queen Bee These kids are so adorable....

I think the entire BRF has done incredibly well during this crisis, but William and Kate have especially shined because it seems they’ve shown a different side of themselves...The monarchy is in good hands with Charles and then William ...W’s little family will be such an asset to him, both when his father is King and when he himself is.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The Queen fondly remembers growing up with her sister and parents and it being "we four". I see this with the Cambridge family only its "we five". When its possible, the entire family joins in on a project together and those are such wonderful experiences for growing children. The recent video of the three kids with David Attenborough must have been fun for the entire family and it sets a bond with the kids learning about something but also being the Cambridge family that works and plays together.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Queen fondly remembers growing up with her sister and parents and it being "we four". I see this with the Cambridge family only its "we five". When its possible, the entire family joins in on a project together and those are such wonderful experiences for growing children. The recent video of the three kids with David Attenborough must have been fun for the entire family and it sets a bond with the kids learning about something but also being the Cambridge family that works and plays together.
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.

I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.
I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-14-2020, 07:00 AM
Nobility

I am not quite sure where to put this post.

Kensington Royal has announced the winner for Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to Sergey Gorshkov for his photo ‘The Embrace’ - the winning image of this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year (@NHM_WPY)!
This competition attracts the very best in wildlife photography, giving us such powerful insights into the natural world #WPY56
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...04358800347137
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.

I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.
Of couse they saw quite a bit of them, esp as Eliz looked likely to be queen eventaully as it didn't look like David woudl have a family.... and As far as I recall, George and Mary took charge of the children when their parents were away on long tours.....
Old 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Administrator

A nice new video exchange:

"One year on from #RoyalVisitPakistan (..)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge caught up with teachers at Islamabad Model College for Girls to hear how the school’s activities have been impacted, before joining pupils in a game of Pictionary"

** video **
Old 10-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing. An excellent idea to use Pictionary as a learning to for their English language class.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cambridges being reportedly filmed for the Pride of Britain Awards.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...05014244462593

Quote:
William and Kate spotted filming with Kate Garraway in London hours after launching Hold Still exhibition | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Here is a bit of tongue in cheek. KFC UK and Ireland has tweeted two possible "puns". I used the word "pun" very loosely here, because it's not the same word with double meaning.

There is also a picture of Prince William looking through the KFC's shop window.
KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
William whispered quietly to himself;
“Oh, I just can’t wait to be wing”
12:39 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
Replying to @KFC_UKI
I’m sad I didn’t call him His Royal Thighness in the main tweet tbh
12:54 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/KFC_UKI/status/1318547339573940225

This was taken during the #HoldStill exhibition

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge