The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 10-07-2020, 06:58 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 54,684
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge received President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine and his wife at Buckingham Palace today, October 7:


** Pic ** dailymail article **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 707
William's also visited a primary school in Liverpool, to open its new insect house - "Bugingham Palace" :-).


https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...lliam-19055705


And I haven't seen the environmentalism documentary yet, but I believe it was very good.


William and Kate are doing an excellent job at a very difficult time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
William's also visited a primary school in Liverpool, to open its new insect house - "Bugingham Palace" :-).


https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...lliam-19055705


And I haven't seen the environmentalism documentary yet, but I believe it was very good.


William and Kate are doing an excellent job at a very difficult time.
I saw that on Victoria Arbiter’s Twitter - Bugingham Palace, Queen Bee These kids are so adorable....

I think the entire BRF has done incredibly well during this crisis, but William and Kate have especially shined because it seems they’ve shown a different side of themselves...The monarchy is in good hands with Charles and then William ...W’s little family will be such an asset to him, both when his father is King and when he himself is.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 10-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,420
The Queen fondly remembers growing up with her sister and parents and it being "we four". I see this with the Cambridge family only its "we five". When its possible, the entire family joins in on a project together and those are such wonderful experiences for growing children. The recent video of the three kids with David Attenborough must have been fun for the entire family and it sets a bond with the kids learning about something but also being the Cambridge family that works and plays together.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 10-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Queen fondly remembers growing up with her sister and parents and it being "we four". I see this with the Cambridge family only its "we five". When its possible, the entire family joins in on a project together and those are such wonderful experiences for growing children. The recent video of the three kids with David Attenborough must have been fun for the entire family and it sets a bond with the kids learning about something but also being the Cambridge family that works and plays together.
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 10-07-2020, 02:01 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think the Cambridge kids probably see more of their grandparents than Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret did; George, Charlotte and Louis are sure surrounded by love....That said, I’ve made that comparison before; they are such a wonderful little unit.


I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,377
I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think George V and Queen Mary saw quite a lot of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were small. I understand Queen Mary was very involved in the education imparted, as she wanted to ensure Elizabeth was suitably educated for her future role.
I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 10-14-2020, 07:00 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 386
I am not quite sure where to put this post.

Kensington Royal has announced the winner for Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to Sergey Gorshkov for his photo ‘The Embrace’ - the winning image of this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year (@NHM_WPY)!
This competition attracts the very best in wildlife photography, giving us such powerful insights into the natural world #WPY56
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...04358800347137
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love "Bugingham Palace!" Reminds me of my grandad's cousin, who has "Cluckingham Palace" for her chickens.



I believe you're right - earning George V the nickname "grandpa England" from a young HM.
Of couse they saw quite a bit of them, esp as Eliz looked likely to be queen eventaully as it didn't look like David woudl have a family.... and As far as I recall, George and Mary took charge of the children when their parents were away on long tours.....
Reply With Quote
  #630  
Old 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 54,684
A nice new video exchange:

"One year on from #RoyalVisitPakistan (..)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge caught up with teachers at Islamabad Model College for Girls to hear how the school’s activities have been impacted, before joining pupils in a game of Pictionary"


** video **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #631  
Old 10-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,493
Thank you for sharing. An excellent idea to use Pictionary as a learning to for their English language class.
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 10-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,493
The Cambridges being reportedly filmed for the Pride of Britain Awards.


https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...05014244462593


Quote:
William and Kate spotted filming with Kate Garraway in London hours after launching Hold Still exhibition | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 10-20-2020, 05:03 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 386
Here is a bit of tongue in cheek. KFC UK and Ireland has tweeted two possible "puns". I used the word "pun" very loosely here, because it's not the same word with double meaning.

There is also a picture of Prince William looking through the KFC's shop window.
KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
William whispered quietly to himself;
“Oh, I just can’t wait to be wing”
12:39 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

KFC UK & Ireland @KFC_UKI
Replying to @KFC_UKI
I’m sad I didn’t call him His Royal Thighness in the main tweet tbh
12:54 AM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/KFC_UKI/status/1318547339573940225

This was taken during the #HoldStill exhibition
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history ancestry armstrong-jones baptism british british royals chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up daisy dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history house of glucksburg interesting introduction israel jack brooksbank jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family popularity prince charles prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech startling new evidence stuart swedish queen taiwan thailand tracts unsubscribe videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×