Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been raining all morning in large parts of the east and south east of England today.

I thought it was amusing that they spoke to the paramedic's father in Bangladesh. Very interesting call for him to take.

This is a very versatile couple. They make everything they do look so easy but I have to think that they do their homework before the event to make it special for everyone they meet. William fits in so easily though with those that work in the emergency medical field and that's from being active in it himself. By choice. I always thought highly of William wanting to work for EAAA. To me, that showed me he's got a heart the thinks about other people and wanted to be of service to them in a time of need.

Healing Hurt 1.jpg

Does anyone think the photographer was deliberate in the framing of this photo? Seems a little pointed after everything that's gone on. Not only with Covid but recent BRF events.

As usual there are great photos accompanying the DM article highlighting the National Day of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey as well as other sites around the UK. Plus a photo of the enormous and splendid bouquet sent to the staff at Edward VII hospital from QEII.:flowers:

Thank you for sharing these moving pictures. I think the Duke and Duchess have acquitted themselves with lovely sensitivity and compassion over the past year.

As usual there are great photos accompanying the DM article highlighting the National Day of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey as well as other sites around the UK. Plus a photo of the enormous and splendid bouquet sent to the staff at Edward VII hospital from QEII.:flowers:

The saving grace of the DM is always their photos. It was actually a good article and looked like a very worthwhile visit.

Don't look at Catherine's hand movements ?

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have shared a message thanking everyone who has been part of Time to Change’s campaign to end mental health stigma. "

Looking wonderful as always and coming to us all with important thanks to everyone who worked so hard on the Time to Change campaign.

I'm glad that the Cambridges are still continuing supporting mental health campaigns and organizations, it's great that they can bring more attention to them and the issue in general.

The Cambridges are in East London today visiting the Air Cadets. Catherine inherited the role as Commandant of the Air Cadets from the DoE in 2015.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...n-prince-william-visit-air-cadets-east-ham/1/

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stepped out for their first joint public engagement following the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral.
And it was a fitting outing, as Prince William and Kate visited 282 (East Ham) Squadron, Air Training Corps in East London to hear more about how the Air Cadets support young people to develop life skills.
Prince Philip served as Air Commodore-in-Chief of the Air Training Corps for 63 years, and in 2015, he passed the military patronage to Kate, who became Honorary Air Commandant.
As a mark of respect, William donned a dark suit, while wife Kate wore a black military-style coat.

I hope that de duke and duchess will release some new pictures next Thursday on their tenth wedding anniversary. I hope they will release a new picture of them together and one picture of them with their children.
It would be an excellent present for the people, I keep my fingers crossed...

I hope that de duke and duchess will release some new pictures next Thursday on their tenth wedding anniversary. I hope they will release a new picture of them together and one picture of them with their children.
It would be an excellent present for the people, I keep my fingers crossed...
I hope so too :flowers: We often get family pictures at Christmas (the Christmas card), but I hope to see a different set of pictures outside that season.

The scenery is so beautiful. The little girls seem so proud to be telling the couple about their lamb. Good to see the BRF visiting the rural areas of the country.

Local coverage of the Cambridge's visit today.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/n...lliam-kate-visit-darlington-today/?ref=twtrec

William and Kate took a tour of a farm near Darlington this morning as part of their visit to the region.
The Duke and Duchess were at Manor Farm in Little Stainton to hear about the work being done and the technology being used to ensure the farm is as productive and sustainable as possible.

What a fun visit! Farm visits are the best!

The couple also met today with a group sponsored by The Cheesy Waffles Project. The organization supports a number of clubs and activities for people with disabilities that live in County Durham.

Ahead of their 10th wedding anniversary on Thursday, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have also visited the “Cheesy Waffles Project” near Durham, which is supported by @thekeytweets
- one of 26 charities to benefit from their Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund, set up in 2011

https://www.cwyproject.org.uk/

It would be a great opportunity to involve the children in an engagement like this. I’m sure everyone would enjoy having them there and it would be a fun and not too formal way for the kids to practice greeting members of the public, paying attention, asking questions, etc.

No matter where William and Catherine go, they naturally blend in and mesh well with their surroundings. It's as if each and every plot of land that they go to is special to them in some way. This is what endears them to the people they visit.

Reminds me of a line from Kipling's "If" that goes "If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch". To me, this describes this couple. ?

The Court Circular has picked up The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's engagement at Manor Farm near Stockton-on-Tees and Belmont Community Centre, Gilesgate Moor on 27th April.

27 April 2021
Kensington Palace
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited Manor Farm near Stockton-on-Tees and were received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of County Durham (Mrs. Susan Snowdon).

Their Royal Highnesses later visited the Cheesy Waffles Project, Belmont Community Centre, Sunderland Road, Gilesgate Moor, Durham.
https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...te]=24/04/2020&date[max][date]=28/04/2021&id=

It would be a great opportunity to involve the children in an engagement like this. I’m sure everyone would enjoy having them there and it would be a fun and not too formal way for the kids to practice greeting members of the public, paying attention, asking questions, etc.

George and Charlotte are back at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom