The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
William & Catherine lived in Wales (Anglesey) for 3 years when William worked as an RAF helicopter pilot at RAF Valley. They have a personal connection of their own.
Oh, I didn't know that....thanks!

Old 01-29-2020, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Oh, I didn't know that....thanks!
You're welcome Betsy - it's quite understandable that people outside of the UK wouldn't know that Anglesey is in Wales.

Where they're going tomorrow is in south Wales (Anglesey is north) & there is a bit of north/south divide in Wales due to its history & culture so people in south Wales will be pleased to see them in Port Talbot & along the coast to Mumbles.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
You're welcome Betsy - it's quite understandable that people outside of the UK wouldn't know that Anglesey is in Wales.

Where they're going tomorrow is in south Wales (Anglesey is north) & there is a bit of north/south divide in Wales due to its history & culture so people in south Wales will be pleased to see them in Port Talbot & along the coast to Mumbles.
LOL thanks to having watched a few Wales-set episodes of Escape to the Country, lol, I know that Anglesey is in Wales However, I don't know much about it - or Wales, to be honest; it’s gorgeous (I admit my travels and focus re: UK have been about England and Scotland)

That's a great thing that they are visiting an area that seems like it could use a bit of a boost..
Old 02-04-2020, 07:25 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited Mumbles and Port Talbot in Wales today, February 4:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Croeso i Gymru! Beaming Kate Middleton continues her high street winning streak ..**

Old 02-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess on their visit to the RNLI’s Mumbles lifeboat station earlier today.

TRH even stopped for ice-cream!

Old 02-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There are a lot of people on social media who are coining a new phrase for Catherine, The Children's Princess.

Plus some gifts for George, Charlotte and Louis today: https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...334722560?s=20
Old 02-04-2020, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

SO, so proud of them.. we are incredibly lucky in them both.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Cambridges are a real asset to the BRF and the UK. We are lucky to have them indeed!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-04-2020, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke seemed to really enjoy his chocolate ice cream,it was a wonderful visit to watch.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There are a lot of people on social media who are coining a new phrase for Catherine, The Children's Princess.

Plus some gifts for George, Charlotte and Louis today: https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...334722560?s=20
Awww, that is the sweetest nickname......and really appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Duke seemed to really enjoy his chocolate ice cream,it was a wonderful visit to watch.
Ice cream is such a leveler..........I mean, who doesn't love it? The kids are so adorable, and William and Kate are such naturals...

I'm really looking forward to their joint engagement with Charles and Camilla next week; I just enjoy seeing them together.....

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...s-of-cornwall/
Old 02-04-2020, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
SO, so proud of them.. we are incredibly lucky in them both.
Yes, we all are. They are so genuine
Old 02-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Courtier

So, I completely agree with the sentiment that they are, indeed, an incredibly valuable asset to the RF and the monarchy as an institution. I also agree that they're an incredibly genuine and lovely couple. But, can we talk for just a minute about William's reported comments in answer to a fan telling him that Charlotte is their favorite? That reply that Charlotte is lovely just like his wife? I mean, can it really get any sweeter?! Talk about a massive "awwwwww" moment.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th February:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, Mumbles Pier, Mumbles, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Glamorgan (Mr Byron Lewis).

Their Royal Highnesses later visited Joe’s Ice Cream Parlour, 526 Mumbles Road, Mumbles.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited Tata Steel, Tata Steel Strip Products UK, Port Talbot Works, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Bulldogs Boxing, Fenbrook Close, Port Talbot.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the London Ambulance Centre in East Croydon on Thursday and met with NHS 111 staff.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...218018304?s=21
Old 03-20-2020, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the London Ambulance Service in Croydon.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Majesty

a very timely visit. with most british royals being old and in the groups of risk (queen, charles, anne), W&K are among the only ones remaining to visit the different parts of society at these trying times (specially now that H&M and andrew are out of action) - well done to them as i am sure this is going a long way in boosting morale of key staff.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are five working royals who can make visits etc - William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie and Anne. All the others are over 70.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing. Good to see the work of the emergency operators being highlighted now.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There are five working royals who can make visits etc - William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie and Anne. All the others are over 70.
True, but Anne is right on the cusp...However, who would volunteer to tell her she has to stay home?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Nobility

Perfect time for a visit and lifts spirit of people in front lines of this crisis.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge