The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2020, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Its a BRF event, William and Catherine are hosting alongside Edward, Sophie and Anne.
Yes I thought so...but I'm not seeing any pics of the Catherine or Sophie/Edward yet.

LaRae

Old 01-20-2020, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes I thought so...but I'm not seeing any pics of the Catherine or Sophie/Edward yet.

LaRae
The event hasn't happened...what William partook in earlier was a separate event.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 15th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today visited Bradford City Hall, Centenary Square, Bradford, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Midlands (Mr Edmund Anderson).

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited MyLahore British Asian Kitchen, 52 Great Horton Road, Bradford.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge afterwards joined representatives from Near Neighbours and Better Start Bradford at the Khidmat Centre, 36 Spencer Road, Bradford.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is from my new favorite blog...I’ve never ever been a girly girl, not even as a girl, so I was never into fairy tale princesses and the like. Kate is the only princess I’ve ever cared for, I think because she’s so down to earth and wonderful. The last line is my favorite...Charles needs and will need both of them going forward, and they are rock solid. Also, while others might get notice for being glamorous, it’s lovely to see William and Kate being appreciated for their own brand of glamour.

Quote:
So, we can see that privately, there is a different balance between the two than the balance in their public professional roles, where William has unquestionably been the dominate royal. Now, in developing solo projects and building her identity as a royal, Kate has stepped out and quietly, but confidently, taken ownership of her royal status in her own right. Her work (which has been very diplomatic, very role-appropriate (future Queen), and very steady and focused) has evened up her professional position. In doing so, she has made the Cambridges—together—a stronger force within the family. Before, they were superstars for their Cinderella story. But as Kate has stepped forward and joined William at a commensurate level professionally, she has shifted their energy. As wonderful as that season was, these two don’t feel like Prince Charming and Princess Cinderella anymore; they radiate more mature royalty—they feel like a future king and a future queen. Before they were our favorite fairytale; now they are a power couple.
https://fromberkshiretobuckingham.bl...s-changed.html
Old 01-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
This is from my new favorite blog...I’ve never ever been a girly girl, not even as a girl, so I was never into fairy tale princesses and the like. Kate is the only princess I’ve ever cared for, I think because she’s so down to earth and wonderful. The last line is my favorite...Charles needs and will need both of them going forward, and they are rock solid. Also, while others might get notice for being glamorous, it’s lovely to see William and Kate being appreciated for their own brand of glamour.

https://fromberkshiretobuckingham.bl...s-changed.html
So true!

Thanks for the link to the blog, I haven't seen it before, it's really good.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at Central Hall in Westminster for the Holocaust Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony

Short Videos
https://twitter.com/i/status/1221817807165366273
https://twitter.com/i/status/1221821295026896897

Galleries
https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...al_day,_london
https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1424207

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Holocaust.html
Old 01-27-2020, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
So true!

Thanks for the link to the blog, I haven't seen it before, it's really good.
You're welcome - enjoy!

I want to t
Old 01-27-2020, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the UK Holocaust Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony in London.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

What an incredibly humbling experience to meet a survivor.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I would love to volunteer at an organisation helping Holocaust survivors, since the majority will sadly not be here much longer to tell their stories. It was fantastic that the Cambridges met with Holocaust survivors today and also great to hear that Catherine is already telling George about the Holocaust. Many younger people today know very little about the Holocaust and it's so important that we keep reminding younger generations what happened.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I would love to volunteer at an organisation helping Holocaust survivors, since the majority will sadly not be here much longer to tell their stories. It was fantastic that the Cambridges met with Holocaust survivors today and also great to hear that Catherine is already telling George about the Holocaust. Many younger people today know very little about the Holocaust and it's so important that we keep reminding younger generations what happened.

I agree. It is such a meaningful cause if you get an opportunity to volunteer.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 27th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon attended the Holocaust Memorial Day Commemoration Ceremony at Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London SW1, and were received by Mr. Kevin Traverse-Healy (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).
Old 01-29-2020, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The future Prince and Princess of Wales, are going to Wales next week.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...569482752?s=20

It's really nice to see them going to place that aren't capital cities or big draw places.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

It's really nice to see them going to place that aren't capital cities or big draw places.

It is. Especially since they are a big draw. They’ll bring attention to the place/organization.

William and Catherine have really hit the ground running in 2020. And- that’s just based on the public side of what they do.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Haven't they been to Wales before? I can't remember!

LaRae
Old 01-29-2020, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes they've visited before on a few occasions for their official visits including one time during their engagement.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I'm looking forward to this visit! These kinds of engagements are not glitzy, but are crucially important to staying connected to the people the royal family serve.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

They've been to Wales many times.

Port Talbot's a very industrial area which has had problems in recent years because of economic issues in the steel industry, and the Mumbles is a seaside area. Visiting a steelworks probably isn't the most glamorous of days out, and even the seaside isn't that great at this time of year when it's cold and windy, but it's important for the Royal Family to go to places which *aren't* glamorous. William and Kate do such a brilliant job.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
It is. Especially since they are a big draw. They’ll bring attention to the place/organization.

William and Catherine have really hit the ground running in 2020. And- that’s just based on the public side of what they do.
I love it. They're stepping up their game from an already high level....at a time when the Queen and his father really need them.

I refuse to watch the Crown, but in skimming over a review of this past season, I saw it referenced that Charles has a deep personal connection to Wales; it seems that perhaps he's passed that on to his son and daughter-in-law.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I refuse to watch the Crown, but in skimming over a review of this past season, I saw it referenced that Charles has a deep personal connection to Wales; it seems that perhaps he's passed that on to his son and daughter-in-law.
William & Catherine lived in Wales (Anglesey) for 3 years when William worked as an RAF helicopter pilot at RAF Valley. They have a personal connection of their own.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge