Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few more photos from the visit to Manchester Town Hall.

PPE
PPE Agency

Court Circular 20/10 (late entry)

18th October
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon held a Reception at Kensington Palace for the finalists of BBC Radio One’s Teen Hero Awards

A visit to Child Bereavement UK

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a @cbukhelp centre in Stratford, London on January 11th to mark its one year anniversary

A visit to Child Bereavement UK

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a @cbukhelp centre in Stratford, London on January 11th to mark its one year anniversary

I guess they are learning from the criticism last year of no engagements for W&K early in the year. This year, they appear to be getting some early engagements in, as well as publicising them in advance. Well done, to running a more media savvy KP operation!

^^^

I'm not sure how much of that sort of thinking goes into the planning of engagements. Because until William and Catherine have 800 patronages each and are doing 500 plus duties a year, the tabloids will 'criticise' they don't do enough.

And if it's not engagements, they'd harp about something else. Charles does lots of engagements but that doesn't stop tabloids from inventing news ways to have a go at him.

Only the Queen is more less immune from the slings and arrows of tabloid writers but even that is starting to change.

And when William and Kate do 500 engagements in a year and then the stories will be how they are abandoning George and Charlotte as bad parents, the increasing cost of Kate's clothing or that they didn't use public transportation to get to all 500 engagements.

Only the Queen is more less immune from the slings and arrows of tabloid writers but even that is starting to change.

The Queen sneezes and its time for the crazies to come out reporting that the Queen a) is deathly ill, b) is dead, c) is in the hospital or d) anything else they can think of to fill the columns and generate hits. :D

I seriously doubt that too much attention is paid to the tone of the media in how any of the BRF does what they do. Things are planned quite far in advance and the course has been plotted, for the most part, a long time ago. We just become aware of it as it becomes closer to the time of execution.

When the reporters pick up their pens or sit down at their keyboard to strike out about some element or the other about a certain royal or certain practices of the royals, its not the royals themselves they're aiming at. They're aiming at the general public that read what they write with the hopes of inflaming them to comment and keep their "opinions" alive.

The Duke and Duchess have two engagements tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it all.

What day is it they are headed to Paris?

LaRae

Ah okay wasn't sure if it was the same day or the next, thanks!

LaRae

Lovely outing, she looks smashing. Can't wait to see the Paris pics!

LaRae

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Visit the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day-
Home - ITNSource News

A little too much focus on the couple's faces, but I guess that was expected.

This is always a smiley event. In fact, the smiliest military parade of the year - always. Look back in Getty or Zimbio - it tends to be this happy, proud day for the unit and whomever hands out the shamrocks. I always enjoy the break from all the military alpha toughness! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom