Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always nice to see the Cambridge's at the St. Patrick's Day parades and as usual I love the interactions between them and the children and the classic Guinness photos!

I like the pictures of Catherine with the Irish wolfhound mascot. She is on very friendly terms with the dog. :lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky:

Its gotten to the point where its not officially St. Patrick's Day until the Cambridges visit the Irish Guard. That Irish wolfhound named Domhnal really is a beautiful animal. Wonder if he drinks Guinness?

BTW: just saw recently that one can buy a beer for dogs. Non-alcoholic of course. :D

I cannot abide Guinness or any type of stout ,wonder if the duke and duchess actually like the stuff ;)

Its gotten to the point where its not officially St. Patrick's Day until the Cambridges visit the Irish Guard. That Irish wolfhound named Domhnal really is a beautiful animal. Wonder if he drinks Guinness?

BTW: just saw recently that one can buy a beer for dogs. Non-alcoholic of course. :D

I wonder if this will be the last year we see Domnhall. There was a call last year for him to be retired. He has hip problems and prostate issues before. It was quite the campaign last year by some for his retirement. The seven year old has been the mascot since 2013. He is the 16th Irish wolf hound to have the position.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/kate-middleton-irish-guard-wolfhound-domhnall

Actually beer is said by some to be good for dogs. Guiness I have heard reported to be good for heart warm in dogs.

I cannot abide Guinness or any type of stout ,wonder if the duke and duchess actually like the stuff

I agree, never been a fan. I would take a mug of Kilkenny any day of week.

Not much of a drinker, usually only when I travel. But always loved a good Irish pub.

According to my mother, Guinness is an acquired taste. The two of us went to an Irish bar and I ordered two pints of Guinness and upon taking her first sip, she exclaimed (quite loudly) "Oh my God... this stuff'll give you diarrhea!" The bar laughed at that one.

In the US, ordering a "black and tan" is mix of Guinness and Bass Ale. Just recently discovered they're also called an "Irish car bomb". I've been off the streets and out of the bars too long. :D

According to my mother, Guinness is an acquired taste. The two of us went to an Irish bar and I ordered two pints of Guinness and upon taking her first sip, she exclaimed (quite loudly) "Oh my God... this stuff'll give you diarrhea!" The bar laughed at that one.

In the US, ordering a "black and tan" is mix of Guinness and Bass Ale. Just recently discovered they're also called an "Irish car bomb". I've been off the streets and out of the bars too long. :D

Until fairly recently in Ireland (maybe 20 years ago??), Guinness was prescribed to patients in hospital who were recovering from surgery! 1 bottle at night, due to the presumed high levels of iron ?

^^^^^ As good as anthing else for what ales You!

An Irish car bomb is a mixture of Guinness, Baileys, and Irish whiskey--delicious but lethal!

My grandmother was told to have a Guinness a day when she was nursing her babies, and I was never sure if that was for her health , or to make sure the babies slept!

Trying local food and drink must be one of the hazards or royal life.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit North Wales on Wednesday 8th May to meet individuals and organisations in the region who are encouraging people to look after their communities and protect the natural environment.

In North Wales, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will first visit the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue Helicopter Base.

Until 2015, search and rescue operated out of RAF Valley on Anglesey, where The Duke worked as an RAF search and rescue pilot between 2010-2013.

From Caernarfon, Their Royal Highnesses will travel to Anglesey to visit Halen Môn Anglesey Sea Salt, a thriving local business which has been operating for over two decades, and won @TheQueensAwards for Sustainability in 2017.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

I imagine that this would be a bit of a nostalgic visit for the couple remembering their time living in Anglesey. ?

I imagine that Will and Kate are no stranger to Halen Môn Anglesey Sea Salt from living in the area. I personally prefer sea salt myself for both cooking and therapeutic baths. Should be a very interesting visit for the Cambridges all around.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit North Wales on Wednesday 8th May to meet individuals and organisations in the region who are encouraging people to look after their communities and protect the natural environment.

In North Wales, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will first visit the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue Helicopter Base.

Until 2015, search and rescue operated out of RAF Valley on Anglesey, where The Duke worked as an RAF search and rescue pilot between 2010-2013.

From Caernarfon, Their Royal Highnesses will travel to Anglesey to visit Halen Môn Anglesey Sea Salt, a thriving local business which has been operating for over two decades, and won @TheQueensAwards for Sustainability in 2017.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Good to see them continuing with their regular engagements around the country. This is very much the bread and butter of royalty!

I wouldn't call their engagements "regular" when they havent been seen for a month.

I wouldn't call their engagements "regular" when they havent been seen for a month.

How well they are doing their jobs is not measured by how often they are seen in the papers. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on for all the royals that we never see.

I imagine that this would be a bit of a nostalgic visit for the couple remembering their time living in Anglesey. ?

I imagine that Will and Kate are no stranger to Halen Môn Anglesey Sea Salt from living in the area. I personally prefer sea salt myself for both cooking and therapeutic baths. Should be a very interesting visit for the Cambridges all around.

I agree, it'll be nice to see the Cambridges back in Anglesey again. I'd love it if they could have a trip to North Wales with the children some time too (if they haven't already done so privately).

The children have been on term break, their parents spent time with them at their country home. I don't begrudge them family time especially while the children are so young.

Maybe Nanny Maria takes her vacation when the children are on term break and the family goes off to Norfolk.

The children have been on term break, their parents spent time with them at their country home. I don't begrudge them family time especially while the children are so young.

Maybe Nanny Maria takes her vacation when the children are on term break and the family goes off to Norfolk.
I assumed Nanny Maria was watching Louis when the rest of the family were w/ the Tindalls at Zara’s competition up in Norfolk the other weekend. But I guess some one else could have watched him.

How well they are doing their jobs is not measured by how often they are seen in the papers. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on for all the royals that we never see.

Except we see meeting with patronages and officials in the court circular. They have not met with the foundation in months.

At least one hour a week would not take away time from their family. Also, the term break doesn’t last a whole month. The children have been back in school for a couple of week and still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except we see meeting with patronages and officials in the court circular. They have not met with the foundation in months.

At least one hour a week would not take away time from their family. Also, the term break doesn’t last a whole month. The children have been back in school for a couple of week and still nothing.

The term break lasted a month. The children went back to school on Wednesday April 24--this week after Easter. The Cambridges were basically on vacation in Norfolk, not hanging out in London.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016

The term break lasted a month. The children went back to school on Wednesday April 24--this week after Easter. The Cambridges were basically on vacation in Norfolk, not hanging out in London.

Easter Break is usually two weeks in the UK. Because of how Easter fell this year children could have had 3 variations of the month of April off.

Last edited:
Easter Break is usually two weeks in the UK. Because of how Easter fell this year children could have had 3 variations of the month of April off.

This year, the last day of the Lenten term at Thomas’s Battersea was Friday March 29th. Summer term commenced Wednesday April 24th. It doesn’t matter what other schools scheduled as their break-George attends Thomas’s Battersea.:flowers:

Here in the U.S. spring break was all over the place. My niece’s school was on Spring break this week. The school my children graduated from had a week of Spring break in March and a long weekend for Easter. Others schools had other weeks off.

Someone here, I believe it was Cepe, stated it this way in regards to the work full time royals do. What we see and know of their work is like looking at the tip of an iceberg. We only see that 10% while the other 90% is underwater and not visible to the eye.

When we hear of Easter breaks and Christmas breaks and summer breaks, it really is the *only* time in the royal's day planner that is cleared for their own pursuits. Its why the Christmas Lunch the Queen hosts at BP always falls on the Wednesday before the Queen leaves for Christmas at Sandringham.

Another interesting tidbit is that Christmas Day and Easter Sunday are the *only* two days of the year where the Queen does not do her red boxes. I think I can safely say that being a full time working royal for the "Firm" is really quite a full time job with sometimes grueling hours to boot. ?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will host the inaugural regatta The King’s Cup
this summer to raise awareness and funds for eight of Their Royal Highnesses’
patronages

Interesting that it’s the “King’s Cup,”, not “Queen’s.”

I saw tweets about this but there's nothing official yet - would be great if it is true but slightly sceptical at the moment :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom