Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family: Married Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ignored their entire courtship, but I've been following them since they got married and I'm really enjoy how they come across. Down to earth is definitely fitting terminology to use with them!

I think it's okay if Kate doesn't employ a dresser right now. She hasn't been visiting any countries where there are strict dress codes or where modesty is required.

Ugh! Somebody mentioned William and Kate might not see the throne until they are in their 60s. How depressing!

I'm getting annoyed at the media already pushing the 'when will Kate get pregnant?' lines. Thank goodness Will and Kate seem so level-headed and don't seem to be letting the press get to them and dictate how they should live or when they should do something!

:clap: THANK YOU!!!! I hate how people are so easy to throw around the word eating disorder for anyone who is skinny. Eating disorders are a serious and deadly situation and shouldn't be joked about or taken lightly. Plus anorexia and bulimia have other factors that cause them other than wanting to be thing; there is stress and the lack of control over a persons life. So claiming someone has an eating disorder would just put more stress on them.
IMO Kate has always been a skinny girl, yes recently she has lost weight but all indicators point to her being into working out and not having a problem with eating or keeping her food down.

There are some people in this world that are just naturally thin and always stay at their average weight or just below it. I was one of those people for most of my life. My friend is very thin and is often mistaken for being anorexic but has the healthiest appetite I've ever seen. To see that it is generic one would only have to look at her adult daughter.

There are two people that really should be concerned about Kate's weight and those are Kate herself and her physician. She's a very beautiful woman that wears clothes like a dream. Let her enjoy it before our friend the middle age monster sets in :D

Sounds a bit iffy to me as well. For some reason I don't think Her Majesty would part with something that personal. I can see her lending them perhaps, but not giving them away (at least not right now).

My thoughts exactly.Seems a little early in the game, so to speak, to give something that personal.

Of course "lend" and "give" may be deliberately interchangeable by the press.

My thoughts exactly.Seems a little early in the game, so to speak, to give something that personal.

Of course "lend" and "give" may be deliberately interchangeable by the press.

I won't doubt it for a second, because as you know, no news means it's time to make up something totally outrageous.

Don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but here goes:

The Queen gives Kate Middleton 'priceless' gifts

Hope it's actually true, but the source seems iffy.

I hope it's true too but how would the magazine have found this out? I can't imagine Catherine or her family blabbing about it.
I treasure that part about the Queen phoning her daily; I do so hope that's true too. I see Catherine as a very teachable sort of woman, modest in her opinion of her own importance. It seems the Queen and Prince Phillip are mentoring her very warmly and kindly; my hat goes off to them :)

I hope it's true too but how would the magazine have found this out? I can't imagine Catherine or her family blabbing about it.
I treasure that part about the Queen phoning her daily; I do so hope that's true too. I see Catherine as a very teachable sort of woman, modest in her opinion of her own importance. It seems the Queen and Prince Phillip are mentoring her very warmly and kindly; my hat goes off to them :)

As I think that both William and Harry have been extremely close to their grandparents over the years, it doesn't surprise me one bit that HM makes regular calls to her grandsons for no other reason than that she is a doting grandmother and now that cozy circle includes Kate too. Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own! I find it amazingly heartwarming that despite all the heartaches and travails of the past, this seems to be one tight knit family group.

About the silver. It might be so and it might not. My first gut reaction was that this might be a "house warming" gift from HM to help set up their new apartment at KP. And... hopefully comes with the implied message "You better invite Grampa and I to tea soon!" :D

Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own!
[FONT=&quot]Catherine lost her two grandmothers in 2006. On hes father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 and barely two months after she lost her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith of 71[/FONT]. Catherine took care of them till the end.

naida said:
Catherine took care of them till the end.

She took care of them? What did she do exactly? Where did you hear this?

I wonder myself at the veracity of the Queen giving Kate such personal mementos of her father so soon like this, but you never know. However, the Queen is a cautious individual so don't know if she'd hand over the family silver at such an early stage in the marriage. I'd like to think, though, that she does call her granddaughter-in-law on a regular basis.

Last edited:
She took care of them? What did she do exactly? Where did you hear this?
At the time, the newspapers reported that Catherine had always been very close to her grandmothers and she spent great amount of time at their bedside.

If I remember well there was also a mention of Catherine reading at the funeral. It was something like: “Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem at the funeral.”

As I think that both William and Harry have been extremely close to their grandparents over the years, it doesn't surprise me one bit that HM makes regular calls to her grandsons for no other reason than that she is a doting grandmother and now that cozy circle includes Kate too. Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own! I find it amazingly heartwarming that despite all the heartaches and travails of the past, this seems to be one tight knit family group.

About the silver. It might be so and it might not. My first gut reaction was that this might be a "house warming" gift from HM to help set up their new apartment at KP. And... hopefully comes with the implied message "You better invite Grampa and I to tea soon!" :D

smile.. that's a charming view point and I love it

[FONT=&quot]Catherine lost her two grandmothers in 2006. On hes father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 and barely two months after she lost her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith of 71[/FONT]. Catherine took care of them till the end.

Wasn't there some kind of family feud between the Middletons and the Goldsmiths? I vaguely recall seeing that somewhere.

At the time, the newspapers reported that Catherine had always been very close to her grandmothers and she spent great amount of time at their bedside.

If I remember well there was also a mention of Catherine reading at the funeral. It was something like: “Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem at the funeral.”

I'll have to look that up because i've never heard anything.

I'll have to look that up because i've never heard anything.
Hope these can help a little:

Dorothy Goldsmith (nee Harrison) 1935-2006
I have found this in my files. It’s an excerpt from DM written by Sandra Parsons:
“By the time she died five years ago, Dorothy had achieved the summit of her property ambitions and had moved to a house in the leafy Berkshire village of Pangbourne, to be near her daughter and granddaughters.”

Valerie Middleton (nee Glassborow) 1924-2006
+ Valerie Middleton (nee Glassborow) 1924-2006 - Peerage News | Google Groups
Valerie Middleton - Obituaries - Yorkshire Post
Well, my memory is not so bad :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...vents-12-september-november-2006-a-10806.html

Thanks for the links, but they don't tell me anything about Catherine taking care of them until the end. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the links, but they don't tell me anything about Catherine taking care of them until the end. I'll keep looking.

Perhaps you take it too literally, which would not surprise me considering what has been posted.
To me, spending hours at someone's bedside does not equal "taking care until the end".

I think the point I was trying to make bringing up Kate's grandmothers is that right now, its easy to see how Kate would "adopt" Granny and want to spend time with her as both her grandmothers are gone and William is very close to his Granny. I think she will be close with Will's family as he will be with hers.

Let's not fight over this! I would prefer some tiaras! jk!

:previous: Absolutely, I hope the Queen would have included a nice sparkling tiara or two among those priceless gifts to Kate!!

ok someone tell me if they heard that she is pregnant-is it true or just a rumor?

So who is Myleene Klass that she should know what kind of pressures Catherine has to deal with?

semisquare said:
ok someone tell me if they heard that she is pregnant-is it true or just a rumor?

They issued a denial- it's just a rumor. Until an official announcement is made, it should always be treated as rumor.

ok.....it would be nice if it was true but oh well ..just have to wait and thx for the ans

Princess of Durham said:
So who is Myleene Klass that she should know what kind of pressures Catherine has to deal with?

It sounds like the writer of the article was pushing for that angle- getting page hits by mentioning Kate's name.

They issued a denial- it's just a rumor. Until an official announcement is made, it should always be treated as rumor.

I agree. It's better to wait and hear the announcement from Buckingham Palace rather than believe rumors of various gossip articles/magazines.

It bothers me that the press haven't seem to have learned from Diana. Perhaps they could have the decency to leave Catherine alone during her and William's time in Wales. The constant suggestion at she is pregnant (with twins no less!) or that she is a fashion icon or that her shopping is major news must be having a toll on her. I realize that Catherine was 29 when she married and not 20 as her mother-in-law but anyone's sanity will be messed with when so much attention is paid to their every movement. It's just sad that the press only gave William and Harry peace right after their mother's death but don't seem to feel they need to prevent another Diana (which was caused by the press). Yes she knew what she was getting into but I still feel sorry for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom