Duchess of Cambridge: What Now for Catherine? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Kate will be pregnant again and life the live of a housewife with little work, whether this is what she wants or others want her to I don't know.

What I do know is that this won't add to her popularity but to her lazy/workshy image.

Unfortunately her husband takes a step back instead of forward too, so there are both seen as 'reluctant'

Last edited:
The Cambridges are popular, KP, Clarence House nor even themselves seem to realise what they could do for the monarchy.

IMO Kate will be pregnant again and life the life of a housewife with little work, whether this is what she wants or others want her to I don't know.

What I do know is that this won't add to her popularity but to her lazy/workshy image.

Unfortunately her husband takes a step back instead of forward too, so there are both seen as 'reluctant'

I totally agree with you with this. I am extremely disappointed and have really no more interest in following the two of them in the future. This one step forward and two steps back, indecisive, want to work, but maybe not, attitude is turning me off. It makes the whole interest in the BRF seem trivial.
When the Firm's own members seem to not want to be apart of their duties, it makes one wonder, what am I doing supporting them? This may reflect badly on public opinion.

This desire some have to get her pregnant again is so disturbing. How about she will have more children of and when she and William want them.

This desire some have to get her pregnant again is so disturbing. How about she will have more children of and when she and William want them.

It's not about the desire to get her pregnant, it's about the obvious signs that that's how this royal marriage is going to work for some years.

The Cambridges are popular, KP, Clarence House nor even themselves seem to realise what they could do for the monarchy.

They do recognize it and it's Catherine The Queen is sending to represent her in Malta. She needs their help, have a great deal of confidence in them and she knows Catherine is ready to take on more roles within the "Firm."

I knew for some time that Catherine is ready to take on more duties. It's one of the reasons why I think her taking on some royal colonelcy of her own would do her some good to form a relationship with the armed services and not just with William's Irish regiment. I also think she could expand her charitable causes a bit. She'll have to be seen working while William is busy with the Air Ambulance.

Also, we all know the responsibility Catherine has as a mother and wife. I think everyone applaud her for being a hands on mother and that's very important. No one think she should drop all of that to focus on royal duties. What I'm focusing on his her roles outside of being a wife and mother. She can balance the two. The Countess of Wessex and many other young royal women have managed to balance the two very well and Catherine can do the same.

It won't be good to put the idea out there that Catherine won't be doing much while William is occupied with his job. It's not even realistic. She have to be seen doing her royal duties as well.

Last edited:
It's not about the desire to get her pregnant, it's about the obvious signs that that's how this royal marriage is going to work for some years.

But isn't that the normal way marriages and parenthood, generally speaking, go? You have a baby, and a few years later another comes along. The Queen became Queen at such a young age and her very young family took back seat to her duties. That's how it goes, that's what was expected of her. Isn't it possible she is in favor of her grandson and granddaughter-in-law having time with their family while they are young and before William is next in line? Charles is the heir now, not William. I'm not understanding the outcry. But that's just me :flowers:

Last edited:
I wonder if Will's schedule will be "on call" or on a 3-day on and off like firemen, etc. operate. I went to the EAAA's website and he's top of the news, of course. If William had all that military training (although he was never in the first seat of a helicopter), he now needs 6 months' more training? An experienced pilot can get the "feel" of a new bird in about 2 weeks. Perhaps he is required to take medical training.

Could this mean there is trouble in Paradise...a forced (and disguised) separation? Does William feel he has to take on a dangerous job to be relevant? I know, I know, but this does have to do with "what next for Kate."

I think Kate will have a second child and that'll be it. No more will be required. Frankly, I'm with another poster that this pair is leaving me cold. I'll check back every once in a while to see if anything is going on.

Last edited:
I wonder if Will's schedule will be "on call" or on a 3-day on and off like firemen, etc. operate. I went to the EAAA's website and he's top of the news, of course. If William had all that military training (although he was never in the first seat of a helicopter), he now needs 6 months' more training? An experienced pilot can get the "feel" of a new bird in about 2 weeks. Perhaps he is required to take medical training....

William qualified to be a Sea King captain (the first seat) in June 2012.
For his new job he has to get an air transport pilot license. It requires several exams and a test flight. Flying is the helicopter is probably the easiest of the job. He is going to have to be more medically involved than he was as a SAR pilot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ecome-air-ambulance-pilot-from-next-year.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm also wondering what's next for Catherine? Being a wife and mother and having another baby at some point, well, that's her private life and business of course.

I'm more interested in the steps she will take in her royal roles and duties. The Queen giving her the job of representing her on a solo trip to Malta is a pretty big deal, as far as I'm concerned. The Queen seems very confident that Catherine can do the job and it says a lot about Catherine's confidence in herself too. I'm starting to wonder what she will do even after that? Perhaps taking on a few more patronages, conducting several engagements alone or with The Queen? Honorary military roles? Charitable presidencies?

With her about to embark on this solo trip next month, I'm thinking there's other big surprising roles for Catherine around the corner. I think she's proving that she's not just the beautiful wife by William's side but that she's up to the task of taking on official duties on her own too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he did qualify, but never sat in that seat. He was the co-pilot on missions. Not to say the co-pilot isn't important...

Yes, he did qualify, but never sat in that seat. He was the co-pilot on missions. Not to say the co-pilot isn't important...

What is your source on that? All the ones I read said that after he qualified, he captained SAR missions

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank you for providing us the facts on William's SAR service.

Personally, I think Catherine owes her position to William, the man she married.
While Catherine and William have some say into their activities, roles, etc. The final arbitrator is the Queen, followed by POW, who paid for most of it.
It is a balancing act - with the appearance justifying the costs and security. Maybe the POW does not want to spend his money paying for Catherine and William to make daily appearances across the commonwealth to provide photos and stories for the media??

Personally, I think Catherine owes her position to William, the man she married.
While Catherine and William have some say into their activities, roles, etc. The final arbitrator is the Queen, followed by POW, who paid for most of it.
It is a balancing act - with the appearance justifying the costs and security. Maybe the POW does not want to spend his money paying for Catherine and William to make daily appearances across the commonwealth to provide photos and stories for the media??

The royals are not worried about William and Catherine stories and pictures in the media.

What signs? What signs are there that she wants to have a baby so soon after already having one. The only signs I see are that they want to raise the child they have in private and any additional ones they may or maynot have in the future. Perhaps calling it womb watching is more appropriate.

Of course Catherine owes her position to the man she married, she wouldn't be a future queen, member of the royal family or mother of a future King without William. Nor would she have any of the influence she could possess.

I posted on William's thread about fund raising at East Anglia Air Ambulance and it struck me that if Catherine had knocked at my door, I would have signed up straightaway!

I would like to point out that it is possible to be a working mom, why are some acting like it Kate does more royal duties George will suffer? It's not like she is a surgeon or a high powered attorney. Cut a ribbon give a speech one week a month and that's all.

She does working. When she becomes a full time royal, she will be working the rest of her life.

What signs? What signs are there that she wants to have a baby so soon after already having one. The only signs I see are that they want to raise the child they have in private and any additional ones they may or maynot have in the future. Perhaps calling it womb watching is more appropriate.

I noticed in her last appearances that she seems to have stopped dyeing her hair for some time now. It could mean nothing, of course. But I think they are trying for a second child already.

She does working. When she becomes a full time royal, she will be working the rest of her life.

You are making the assumption that Will won't abdicate as soon as he possibly can.

As Will bring the royal court into the 21st Century, or so it is said, why not make retirement at a reasonable age part of it?

I noticed in her last appearances that she seems to have stopped dyeing her hair for some time now. It could mean nothing, of course. But I think they are trying for a second child already.

I don’t think they are trying. I think she’s pregnant... But that’s pure speculation based on one of the latest poppy photo’s. The ones in the blue dress. Would be a good thing since they are moving to Anmer Hall sometime in the future.

You are making the assumption that Will won't abdicate as soon as he possibly can.

As Will bring the royal court into the 21st Century, or so it is said, why not make retirement at a reasonable age part of it?
I hope it is something that will be considered by the UK and other courts that do not have a history of voluntary abdication.

I think that Bea sent JC/Sofia many brochures about royal retirement.

The Duchess is doing very well indeed and the Palace and the Family are to be congratulated with her growing confidence and marital comfort and happiness.

Those whose memories are short should reflect on the bad management and poor treatment of Diana when she was first married and a mere 19 years old - it created a never-to-be-overcome disaster! The courtiers learnt their lesson: the Duchess is to be guided but encouraged to find her own level and be permitted to develop in her role as best suits her, her husband and ultimately, the Crown.

The Duchess is an intelligent, well-educated woman, who, I'm sure, is following the plans and the role that the Palace wants for her. First and foremost she's complementing her husband's life in the way in which he wants and William's wishes are probably paramount. It is to his grandmother's and father's credit that William and his wife are afforded the opportunity and latitude to forge and firm their private and family life in a less formal and prescribed way than hitherto was the norm.

In the first instance, there were reported concerns over the number of divorces in the royal family - 3 out of 4, in fact - and every effort is being made to ensure that nothing, no outsiders nor critics, will be permitted to interfere with or pressure this one. Hence, William is free to promote his and his family's happiness as he sees fit, and as a C21 prince, so should he be. Evidence to date indicates that he's a truly excellent husband and until they become the Prince and Princess of Wales their private lives are more important than their public roles, particularly as William and Catherine are primarily supported by Charles and not the public purse.

I hope it is something that will be considered by the UK and other courts that do not have a history of voluntary abdication.

I think that Bea sent JC/Sofia many brochures about royal retirement.

And to Albert and Paola too! :lol:

I think as people live longer it will be considered by all the monarchies.

:previous: Especially since poisonings, beheadings and other lethal measures are no longer in fashion.:lol:

Last edited:
The Duchess is doing very well indeed and the Palace and the Family are to be congratulated with her growing confidence and marital comfort and happiness...
Excellent post!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom