Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSN quoted Kensington Palace as saying that only Prince William will be with his wife when she gives birth, as that is the way she wants it.

It also said the Queen will be informed before the Middletons.

MSN quoted Kensington Palace as saying that only Prince William will be with his wife when she gives birth, as that is the way she wants it.

As it should be, I am sure he Middleton's will be told as soon as The Queen and Prince Charles are both informed.

Steal Kate's Style ‏@StealKatesStyle 4m
Apparently Carole and Pippa are already at the hospital with Kate and Will. She has been in for 10hours already, there must be a baby soon!

Kate was admited at St. Mary's around 6am, which means over 10 hours now. It's 4.20pm in London

Duchess of Cambridge baby: the photographer who broke the news - UK - News - London Evening Standard

According to official sources (BBC) Kate is supposed to be in hospital only with her husband.
I can imagine that the Middletons will come and visit as soon as everything is official
So we have to wait only for the official announcement.

As it should be, I am sure he Middleton's will be told as soon as The Queen and Prince Charles are both informed.

Agreed. Nothing against them but I think it's more appropriate for the Queen to knows first apart from the medical staff and the new parents

Just double checked reliable sources on twitter, ie Sky, Richard Palmer, BBc and no comment re Middletons being at the hospital.

She may have been admitted for PROM, which I had, when your water breaks, no contractions and you go to the hospital after a while till they start. Most docs and hospitals have a 24 hour limit for that senario which would lengthen things. Hope it's just an average first baby

Love Prince Charles' comment, he often nails it:)

I wonder why Kate did not want her mother or sister there with her at the time as well as William.

I doubt the Middletons are at the hospital, it's been said all along that only William would be at the hospital. However they are apparently in London, and that's been mentioned by at least Sky news.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
Prince Charles tells well-wishers: "I'm very grateful indeed for the kind wishes for my rather slowly-approaching grandfatherhood."

:lol: So many of us are so excited/impatient about this, I can't imagine how eager the family is! (Not to mention William and especially Kate!)

I wonder why Kate did not want her mother or sister there with her at the time as well as William.

Here, it's usually only your husband that comes into the birthing room with you and your parents and other family members come after the birth to see the baby

I was certainly on the phone to my mom before my husband could call his grandparents! Carole might not be in the delivery room, but she could easily be waiting nearby. Kate is her baby, and she will be uneasy until she knows the 'ordeal' is over. Don't think HM would object to that- after all, a bunch of docs, nurses, technicians, orderlies, housekeepers, etc, will undoubtedly know before HM, so surely Catherine's parents can be informed without stepping on the Queen's toes. I understand the protocol of the Queen being told 'first', but that is somewhat flexible.

My gut says Kate is one of those women for whom pregnancy and birth will never be easy.

Here, it's usually only your husband that comes into the birthing room with you and your parents and other family members come after the birth to see the baby

Oh! Here in Ontario, Canada we can have whomever we wish to in the birthing rooms so it is different in the UK then. Thanks!! :)

I was certainly on the phone to my mom before my husband could call his grandparents! Carole might not be in the delivery room, but she could easily be waiting nearby. Kate is her baby, and she will be uneasy until she knows the 'ordeal' is over. Don't think HM would object to that- after all, a bunch of docs, nurses, technicians, orderlies, housekeepers, etc, will undoubtedly know before HM, so surely Catherine's parents can be informed without stepping on the Queen's toes. I understand the protocol of the Queen being told 'first', but that is somewhat flexible.

Queen Victoria would not be amused if she was not told first. They will stick with protocol and tell the Queen first, I am sure the Middleton's understand.

My gut says Kate is one of those women for whom pregnancy and birth will never be easy.

I don't know why- she's a healthy, extremely athletic woman and seemed to have a great pregnancy once she got through her morning sickness.

where are you at? I am in the states and whatever needs to happen for the mother to be comfortable and soothed as possible. a women may not have anybody she feels safe with but for a neighbor or best girl friend.

Can't wait for the annoucement, I hope this doesn't take long. For the sake of Catherine, the Baby, and... us all.

I kind of agree. Don't forget that she had that problem at the beginning of her pregnancy and had to be in the hospital for awhile.

I'm off to bed finally lol. Close to midnight here--have a feeling that the baby is gonna arrive before I wake up.... :(

Anyway, congrats in advance to the family on the birth! :) Night! Hope everyone here enjoy this baby watch!

I've heard of women in the US having mothers in the delivery room but that's still the exception. I know I didn't want anyone but my husband there!

Oh! Here in Ontario, Canada we can have whomever we wish to in the birthing rooms so it is different in the UK then. Thanks!! :)

I think you can have whoever you want, but usually just your husband. That also includes your scans, baby classes and everything else that goes with having a baby.

I just got a weird feeling that the time has come for her to push... No source, no explanation... just a flash feeling.

Fingers crossed I'm psychic! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom