Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adorable photos and I love the different scenarios, in the drawing room and outside and inside.
I agree. And that one with William and George laughing is so amazing! It will go down in history!

What great pictures! I love the fact that we have some shots from the drawing room, and some from the garden. Charlotte is precious, and as someone pointed out, she resembles Catherine. The photo of William and George laughing doesn't need words. All we need to know is already spoken, if you will.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love seeing the pictures. The children are adorable and I think Charlotte looks very much like George with darker hair.

That being said ... I don't know if it is Testino's "style" or what, but I don't much care for his photography. I actually think the photographer for George's christening did a better job. There is something about the lighting that I do not like. I felt the same way about W&K's engagement picture (except the one by the window). In that one it looked liked W's head had been photo-shopped onto a different picture as though MT was trying to combine two different pictures.

I hope there are more pictures coming with a picture of Charlotte "close up and upright".:D As I said I'm glad to se the pictures, I just don't think Testino is "all that".

Great pics...love that Prince Charles's tie matches Camilla.

George looks very like Michael when he's got that wide open laughing smile (the black/white...and I love black/white photos) picture where William is holding him.

I can't decide who Charlotte looks like...her features don't jump out at me yet.

Just great pics of the family....everyone looks so nice!

LaRae

I love seeing the pictures. The children are adorable and I think Charlotte looks very much like George with darker hair.

That being said ... I don't know if it is Testino's "style" or what, but I don't much care for his photography. I actually think the photographer for George's christening did a better job. There is something about the lighting that I do not like. I felt the same way about W&K's engagement picture (except the one by the window). In that one it looked liked W's head had been photo-shopped onto a different picture as though MT was trying to combine two different pictures.

I hope there are more pictures coming with a picture of Charlotte "close up and upright".:D As I said I'm glad to se the pictures, I just don't think Testino is "all that".
I think it's a matter of taste. I myself love his style but it can't be everyone's cup of tea! And thank you for saying it in such a nice way!! :D

:previous: Not at all. :flowers: I'm very willing to accept that it is just a matter of taste/style. Too me, everyone looks so "bleached out" :lol:

I think George is bragging that he has more hair than his daddy in that one photo. I love that once again the Queen's handbag is in the shot. That has to piss Lupo off. ? He could squeeze in there under the sofa.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Queen's handbag is almost as iconic as Her Majesty herself. Mario Testino has done a good job with those pictures. I liked all four of them.

In the group shot, they have flipped sides from George's group shot. Royals on left for George, on right for Charlotte. But in both photos, William is on the Middleton side in both. Subliminal message of protection perhaps?

Doesn't the photographer place the subjects?

LaRae

I love the pictures! They feel very intimate, IMO. I can't quite tell who Charlotte looks like, yet. She favors George as a baby, but they don't look exactly alike. She looks like she's going to have a head of dark hair, though!

I agree with you about Testino. To me the pictures look out of focus and photoshopped. The engagement pix were the same. I prefer Catherine's pix of George and Charlotte.

I love the one of Catherine and Charlotte the most, but I like all of the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the photographs are warm and lovely with a nice mixture of settings. Love the group shot and the BW pic of William and George - classic! The 'we 4' photo is simple and nice; the charm being George playing with his hair. The shot of Catherine and Charlotte is my least favorite of Catherine, but I think it was a candid shot of her walking in the room - the money being that Charlotte is wide-eyed and looking direct at the camera - which is always a gift with an infant.

All in all a lovely collection of photographs. I'm sure grandparents got their own special photos of the day as well..... perhaps a photo of grandpa Charles and his grandchildren may find its way into the Clarence House drawing room for us to see in the future.

In the group shot, they have flipped sides from George's group shot. Royals on left for George, on right for Charlotte. But in both photos, William is on the Middleton side in both. Subliminal message of protection perhaps?

No, William sits opposite the queen, prince Philip is near his wife. It would be odd to line them: Philip - Middletons - Charles+Camilla. As a result we have Middletons behind William.

I agree with you. And I was surprised that MT hadn't found new composition for family pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures, I especially like the one of the Duchess and Princess Charlotte.

I can't quite tell who Charlotte looks like, yet. She favors George as a baby, but they don't look exactly alike.
I think she looks a lot like her mommy at that age.
Well we'll see her next time only in the age around 1 year so then it'' be easier to decide about resemblance. But I think shell end up having dark hair and eyes.

Last edited:
I prefer Kate's style of photography over Testino's. Found him overrated for ages but the lightning in these are not great.

Charlotte is a pretty baby though.

Charlotte is a very pretty baby and I agree she favours the Middletons in looks. Large dark eyes! Everyone looked very happy in the group photo and George laughing with his father in black and white is very sweet. Interior shot and outdoors were absolutely fine.

Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

I think they are lovely photos with some interesting variety. The Cambridge family are a very attractive bunch and the Middletons look pretty good too!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the photos are lovely, Charlotte is a beautiful child! I would have liked to see a group shot with the godparents too.

What a beautiful family. Lovely photos one and all. Can't pick my favourite just yet.

MARIO TESTINO has offered a rare insight into the life of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with the release of his official photographs of Princess Charlotte's christening - not only with his intimate pictures, but with a statement commenting on the "incredible" experience.

More: Mario Testino Princess Charlotte Royal Christening Photos Pictures (Vogue.co.uk)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Testino - keep in mind that the family is selecting from multiple Testino shots for their own reasons. So these 4 may not have been his favs - but they do have great attributes.
Re: the group shot - I really like it but I find the amount of the room shown odd. If you go to the Clarence house photos - you can see that the DM has cropped the photo. The original has a LOT of art on those cream walls - and it competes with the family. The portraits on the back wall intrude on the group; the portrait at right is overwhelming the image of the DOE. But it is precious that the angels hover above Carole, IMHO.
The Kate/Charlotte shot has an unfortunate shadow but Charlotte is awake and aware and Mom is absolutely besotted.
The family group in front of that sunny lawn shows that Michael Middleton didn't do such a bad job on George's baby photo! But in this photo, Charlotte's eyes are open, Mom's eyes are sparkling which made it a top choice?
And the Dad and George photo is just a no brainer.
BTW - there is better detail visible on the site: Princess Charlotte's christening

Favourite of the Charlotte christening pictures is the one of George and William it is so natural and charming. There is something off about the focus of the Kate and Charlotte one. The family group picture with Middletons and royals is heavily photoshopped. I wish we had a godparent picture but one was never released from George's christening so i didnt think they would release one - i guess that will remain private.

Favourite of the Charlotte christening pictures is the one of George and William it is so natural and charming. There is something off about the focus of the Kate and Charlotte one. The family group picture with Middletons and royals is heavily photoshopped. I wish we had a godparent picture but one was never released from George's christening so i didnt think they would release one - i guess that will remain private.
I think the Kate/Charlotte one might have been a non-staged one choosen because CHarlotte is looking at the camera. So the lighting etc is not as "perfect" as others. But I can see why they made the choice.

I think both times that pictures with the godparents were taken but will remain private since the godparents are private citizens.

I prefer Kate's style of photography over Testino's. Found him overrated for ages but the lightning in these are not great.

Charlotte is a pretty baby though.

I agree, I think Kate's photography was much more pleasing. I don't know what kind of pictures MT's specializes in, it may be that his more high fashion subjects lend themselves more to his style???

Love them all
Pippa looks matronly in that dress
It does nothing for her....
PG and PW gorgeous in the black and white
Handsome family

I see it as very 50's...(Pippa's dress) not matronly....the Queen/Camilla isn't wearing anything like that.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom