Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because, at the end of the day, it's still family. From what I understand, Diana there were quite a few people with whom Diana was not on speaking terms when she died, which wasn't uncommon, as I think most of her relationships had ups and downs. Just because things were that way between them when Diana died (which was obviously sudden an unexpected) doesn't mean that she thought that relationship would've permanently been that way, or that she would've thought ties should've been severed between their children. Besides, Laura and William aren't responsible for any family spats. I think it's nice that a Spencer cousin was included this time (and a Middleton cousin, too), and I think what mattered most was who William thought was right as a godparent in the present day, rather than focusing on who was on good terms with whom in 1997.

When my mother passed away, there was a sibling she was not speaking to, but had been close to as I was growing up. I was also very close to the sibling's children, my first cousins. When we became adults, we realized we had no idea what our parents were arguing about, decided it did not affect us and that we would put family first. We've maintained close relationships for a long time now. I think there comes a maturity when you realize that my parents' relationships with the family are not MY relationships with family - and I'm responsible for those on my own. Maybe that's what happened with William.

I applaud it, no matter the reason. It shows a mark of maturity.

I think William has repeatedly demonstrated that he doesn't need to send coded messages when he wants to honor his mother's memory. He gave Catherine Diana's engagement ring and named his daughter Diana. I doubt hat he named George in honor of the Spencer family or that Catherine wears certain dresses to honor Diana.

It's this ridiculousness I have a problem with, like Kate gives a rats butt about what Diana wore 30yrs ago! Kate wears clothes, Diana wears clothes, people who wear clothes will undoubtedly wear similar styles. Just because Kate wears red, blude, yellow or polka dot, doesn't mean it's because of Diana! And George is a traditional royal name that has popped up in the Windsor line frequently. He gave Kate her ring and his daughter her name, but not everything g the 2 do is about Diana.

We will probably see the pictures tomorrow sometime. Released for Tuesday morning papers. Tuesday is the 10th anniversary of the bombing on subways and buses so they would not want to release them for Wednesday's paper and overshadow the memorial service

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

A cute non-Wales picture

I was looking to see what Pippa was wearing, and in the getty pix (3rd page), there was a sort of half-front/half-back view of Pippa, and she was smiling. A young policeman was looking at her with a very happy smile (I don't know if she even saw him, but he was surely noticing her).

I was looking to see what Pippa was wearing, and in the getty pix (3rd page), there was a sort of half-front/half-back view of Pippa, and she was smiling. A young policeman was looking at her with a very happy smile (I don't know if she even saw him, but he was surely noticing her).

more coverage on Pippa. i thought she too looked very elegant... actually i dont think there was a 'miss' of the day.

Kate Middleton's sister Pippa stuns at Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online

I think people who came out were rewarded with views of both Charlotte and George.

When they arrived Charlotte and Kate were on the opposite side of the paddock and the pram's hood was up.

However, when they left the church Kate and Charlotte were on the side of the paddock and the hood was down. Kate even stopped and people stood up to get a closer look at Charlotte.

I knew Charlotte would get a Spencer cousin, since George got a Windsor one with Zara. Thought more of the children of Sarah instead of Jane, but reading that Laura lived for a while in KP, it seems she has the closest relationship to William. It's a good choice :flowers:
Btw all those articles that say Harry and Pippa were snubbed are so silly.

Love all the photos and film. Thanks to all those who posted them. I think the Queen looks lovely in that pink outfit. The flowered dress is so pretty. In fact, all the ladies looked lovely.

The queen looks smashing!

Camilla ..not a fan of her look.

Carole looked very nice...liked her outfit.

The style of Pippa's dress was nice..the color/material was so so.

Catherine's outfit...was ok, blah. It was appropriate.

George was so cute!

LaRae

It's this ridiculousness I have a problem with, like Kate gives a rats butt about what Diana wore 30yrs ago! Kate wears clothes, Diana wears clothes, people who wear clothes will undoubtedly wear similar styles. Just because Kate wears red, blude, yellow or polka dot, doesn't mean it's because of Diana! And George is a traditional royal name that has popped up in the Windsor line frequently. He gave Kate her ring and his daughter her name, but not everything g the 2 do is about Diana.

Thank you! People fail to realize that even though William wanted to keep his mother's memory involved, I don't think he ever meant that the said memory will be evident in every single action of his family, and on daily basis. He reminds us that his mother is a big part of his life, but in normal, and healthy gestures. Now, if he insisted that his wife took his mother into consideration when it came to choices of attire, I'd be genuinely concerned for his mental health. That type of behavior is not healthy, no matter how you look at it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I knew Charlotte would get a Spencer cousin, since George got a Windsor one with Zara. Thought more of the children of Sarah instead of Jane, but reading that Laura lived for a while in KP, it seems she has the closest relationship to William. It's a good choice :flowers:

Laura also lives in Norfolk.

George was so cute!

LaRae

You have summed it up well very elegant all round except for Camilla

So it's only Harry and Pippa who were snubbed not James. :whistling: They always forget she has a brother, in all honesty I don't understand making an aunt or uncle also a god parent, I always thought that latter job should be taken up by a non relative. An aunt or uncle already has an important role.

Well I didn't saw one article even suggesting James lol He seems to be quite 'irrelevant' for the press (not my opinion).

So it's only Harry and Pippa who were snubbed not James. :whistling: They always forget she has a brother, in all honesty I don't understand making an aunt or uncle also a god parent, I always thought that latter job should be taken up by a non relative. An aunt or uncle already has an important role.

It is funny how the media always forget James - part of me almost feels bad for him for being "left out," but he may well feel glad that the media doesn't pay him much attention.

I agree that it's better to choose someone other than immediate family as godparents. My godparents are my aunt and uncle, which I've always found to be redundant and a bit disappointing. I adore my aunt and uncle, but they're in my life no matter what (in fact, I didn't even know they were my godparents until I was about 8 or 10 years old and I asked my mother who my godparents were.) I've often been a bit envious of people who have non-relative grandparents, because I think it's nice to have other people to have that godparent-godchild relationship with. Harry, Pippa and James will be there for George and Charlotte no matter what.

The first photo of Pippa reminds me of Wallis Simpson

I was thinking "well, that's a strange comment to make," but then I looked at the picture. :lol: I definitely see what you mean.

I've always thought Pippa much more attractive in face and body than Wallis. They both have a somewhat hard look to them...perhaps that's what ya'll are seeing.

LaRae

I've always thought Pippa much more attractive in face and body than Wallis. They both have a somewhat hard look to them...perhaps that's what ya'll are seeing.

LaRae

I had never noticed it before, but I find the resemblance eerie in that one picture! I agree that I find Pippa more attractive, but she's also several years younger than Wallis was when Wallis became a public figure.

All the pics I've seen of Wallis, she's always been rather hard and masculine looking, even when younger. And anorexic looking. Very slim no hipped boyish body.

Pippa has a little bit of a hard edge that can look a bit strong at certain angles but past that I don't see a resemblence to Wallis myself.

LaRae

All the pics I've seen of Wallis, she's always been rather hard and masculine looking, even when younger. And anorexic looking. Very slim no hipped boyish body.

Pippa has a little bit of a hard edge that can look a bit strong at certain angles but past that I don't see a resemblence to Wallis myself.

LaRae

Yes, Wallis always had a much more boyish figure. It's the faces where I see the similarity. Yes, they both have a bit of a hard look (which I've always noticed in particular with regard to Pippa, as Kate is so much softer looking), but I think there's a certain similarity in their noses/mouths. I don't think they look identical or anything, but now that someone's mentioned a resemblance, I can't believe I never noticed it before.

Also, wow, I hadn't paid much attention to Pippa's outfit from today until now. Gorgeous!

Carole Middleton has a bit of a edge/angle in her face at times so I'm guessing that's where Pippa gets it.

I think Kate looks more like her father.

LaRae

I preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's
I think Pippa is plain but she doesn't remind me at all of Wallis. Wallis' face was far from stunning but she still looked different. I also don't recall anyone saying Wallis was oh so pretty, but with Pippa people keep saying she's hott when she is far from it.

I did see the what you are saying. Wallis was no beauty, nor is Pippa. Much was made of her during the wedding, but that was from behind. Both Katherine's outfit and Pippa's were lovely. The queen looked nice, but little different than always and Camilla looked fine.

I preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's
I think Pippa is plain but she doesn't remind me at all of Wallis. Wallis' face was far from stunning but she still looked different. I also don't recall anyone saying Wallis was oh so pretty, but with Pippa people keep saying she's hott when she is far from it.

I also preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's, though I liked Kate's too.

I've always assumed that most of the "Pippa's so hot" comments were mostly in reference to her bum and all the attention it received at William and Kate's wedding. Otherwise, I'm not sure people would make much of a fuss over her looks, but then, people do have different tastes. As for Walis, she was stylish but, no, I don't think people generally made a fuss over her attractiveness or anything. However, it was a different era and a very different situation. The media in particular is quite different these days, and they focus on things that wouldn't really have been mentioned back in the day.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Folks, yes, William and Catherine most likely chose Laura because William is close to her and she's from his mother's side of the family. There's nothing wrong with the media making the Diana reference, that's pretty much the whole idea of William & Catherine choosing Charlotte's name and making Laura her godmother.

I thought everyone looked great, although Catherine could've worn a brooch with her outfit. Her late mother-in-law's diamond and sapphire brooch would have looked great. It was good to see everyone so happy and the crowds went nuts for them.

Can't wait for the official pictures to be released.

Videos:
Princess Charlotte, who was pictured with rosy red cheeks as she was lifted out of her pram, was christened by Archbishop of Canterbury the Most Rev Justin Welby who used holy water from the River Jordan to welcome the young royal into the christian faith in front of 21 official guests-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=GUESTS DEPART CHRISTENING OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE

GUESTS DEPART CHRISTENING OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=GUESTS DEPART CHRISTENING OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE

Last edited:

George was so cute!

LaRae
Loved the colour of the Queen's ensemble. Loved Camilla's fantastic hat - jury is still out on the dress. Interesting to see that Middleton ladies were all dressed in white/cream variations. Carole definitely took the prize there.

Wonderful to see Princess Charlotte travel to and from the church in a pram designed for taking a baby for a walk while gently rocking over bumps. It's sad seeing poor wee babies spitting up all the time because their trendy prams have little to no springs, having been designed for the parents supposed cross-country, mountain goat chasing, healthy running "lifestyle".

Surprised to see the Nanny dressed in a uniform. Horrified that the uniform has to be one of the most ugly uniforms I have ever seen in my life. That includes, gymfrocks and panama hats!

I think it was which one of William's cousins on his mother's side that he is closest to. The press will make a Diana connection to almost anything. Kate wore polka dots leaving the hospital with George must be a tribute to Diana even though the two dresses were totally different other than polka dots

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I hold an opinion that I'm sure isn't shared by many. I am finding it somewhat morbid that almost everything this couple does must be to honor Diana's memory. I absolutely understand that William wants to remember his mother but it is getting to be a little too much. Kate has Diana's engagement ring. Charlotte has Diana's name.
George is dressed the same as how Diana dressed William. If Kate wear polka dots, it is to honor Diana. If she wears military, it is to honor Diana. If she even wears the same color that Diana once wore, it is to honor Diana. If Carole Middleton wears Catherine Walker label it is in honor of Diana. How many years must pass before Catherine can be herself or do something other than what will pay tribute to Diana? I imagine Catherine doesn't object because she loves William and wants him to be happy. But I hope that she isn't being pressured to do all of these things contrary to her own desires.

Back
Top Bottom