Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

Mike has 3 brothers -Richard, Simon and Nicholas

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ah OK, thanks for your quick reply. :flowers: I was unaware that Michael Middleton had a brother, which explains why I asked.

Michael has three brothers. Their birth order Richard-Michael-Simon-Nicholas. I don't believe the younger two have children. But Simon married a much younger woman in 2011 so it's possible a child has been born since then. :unsure:

It is so interesting that no matter what they do there are always complaints. They choose to use a pram. That is why they did it.

Well some people waited for up to six hours and if I had been one of them I would have been very angry indeed. W and K must have known that those waiting expected to get at least a glimpse of the baby so what were they thinking in hiding her away in that big pram. Either have it totally private or at least give those who have waited a proper look, gosh it's not rocket science.

I love that picture. It's as if George is checking to see if his sister is OK. I think he'll be a protective big brother.

Another sweet moment captured on camera. George is having a lovely chat with his great-Grany.

It is so interesting that no matter what they do there are always complaints. They choose to use a pram. That is why they did it.

Exactly. No matter what, there will be someone complaining about what was done, and what should have been done. I actually like that they used the pram. It's easier on the baby, and the parents too, especially if it was Charlotte's nap time. I'd imagine carrying a baby that got overwhelmed and started screaming bloody murder would have displeased the same people who are whining about the pram.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well some people waited for up to six hours and if I had been one of them I would have been very angry indeed. W and K must have known that those waiting expected to get at least a glimpse of the baby so what were they thinking in hiding her away in that big pram. Either have it totally private or at least give those who have waited a proper look, gosh it's not rocket science.

There appear to be no reports of people being angry at having to wait for so long to see the Royal Family or that Princess Charlotte was in a pram. Nonetheless, how lucky it was that you didn't go and will hopefully have seen much more by staying at home.

I love that picture. It's as if George is checking to see if his sister is OK. I think he'll be a protective big brother.

Another sweet moment captured on camera. George is having a lovely chat with his great-Grany.

Exactly. No matter what, there will be someone complaining about what was done, and what should have been done. I actually like that they used the pram. It's easier on the baby, and the parents too, especially if it was Charlotte's nap time. I'd imagine carrying a baby that got overwhelmed and started screaming bloody murder would have displeased the same people who are whining about the pram.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

This is true they can't please everyone the babies comfort came first.

I wouldn't have been disappointed, and I doubt that too many people in the crowd were. They saw William, Catherine, and George, along with other members of the royal family. It's possible that William and Catherine wanted to use the Queen's pram, but another reason may have been that they didn't want to expose the baby to too much sun. Were there a lot of mosquitos and gnats after the rain?

Even if William or Catherine had carried the baby, the crowd probably wouldn't have seen too much of her. It's hard to safely carry a baby and display her at the same time. It's not like Catherine would have been carrying Charlotte lion king style.

It was nice that Camilla seemed to want to greet the crowds.

It also wasn't a nice day. There was rain earlier and the wind got Camilla's dress. Plus WK don't know how Charlotte will react to the crowds so it is easier to keep her in the pram. The people at the Church got to see the Queen and Philip and everyone except the Queen and Philip walked back to the house afterwards. The way more than what people saw in person for George's or William's christenings

Everyone looks wonderful! HM the Queen, the DoC of course and George is adorable as always. From what little glimpses I saw of Charlotte she looks like George when he was an infant.

Charlotte did not seem to appreciate being awoken from her beauty sleep. I don't blame her a bit.

Did I understand correctly...they are still serving slices of the Cambridges' over four-year old wedding cake?!:sick:

Last edited:
George seems to like his little sister from the heart! And Charlotte is a real beautiful child. Just look at her lashes! If she won't have other ideas, she could work as a soap star when she's grown up. :)

It's a fruit cake loaded with booze so it isn't a regular flour cake.

Loved Nanny Maria rocking the Nanny Uniform a la Mary Poppins

I wouldn't have been disappointed, and I doubt that too many people in the crowd were. They saw William, Catherine, and George, along with other members of the royal family. It's possible that William and Catherine wanted to use the Queen's pram, but another reason may have been that they didn't want to expose the baby to too much sun. Were there a lot of mosquitos and gnats after the rain?

Even if William or Catherine had carried the baby, the crowd probably wouldn't have seen too much of her. It's hard to safely carry a baby and display her at the same time. It's not like Catherine would have been carrying Charlotte lion king style.

It was nice that Camilla seemed to want to greet the crowds.
Thank's for the lion king style metaphore xD Oh the pictures in my head!

It was nice seeing them arrive and leave.

I don't mind the pram, it looked nice and I thought it was safer for mother and baby, I can't imagine Catherine walking in heels from the house to church on an even walk path carrying a baby moreover, maybe baby was sleeping.

George is cute, loved the pictures of him checking on his sister.

It's hard to safely carry a baby and display her at the same time. It's not like Catherine would have been carrying Charlotte lion king style.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hopefully some nice photoshopper will see this comment and get inspired.

George might dispute the Lion king treatment for little sister. ?

It was nice seeing them arrive and leave.

I don't mind the pram, it looked nice and I thought it was safer for mother and baby, I can't imagine Catherine walking in heels from the house to church on an even walk path carrying a baby moreover, maybe baby was sleeping.

George is cute, loved the pictures of him checking on his sister.

Each child is different but I found it easier to keep my children asleep when I carried them in my arms rather than a baby buggy (or pram as you say across the pond). From the video, it seems as though the baby buggy was bouncing around a lot. Perhaps the path was made of uneven cobblestone? The buggy effectively kept the sun off the baby's face and out of her eyes, which I think is very important.

The have absolutely no reason to carry the baby in their arms just because people have waited. The comfort and safety of the baby is the most important. They were very generous to walk to church with Prince George and to release photos. They could have made it totally private.

Ok maybe it's just me...but it seems odd that Harry was not there. He couldn't of delayed his trip a couple days? Baptisms are a big deal and it's his only niece!

LaRae

When will the official photos be released?

The Archbishop of Canterbury who conducted the christening is the first peer of England next to the Royal Family, preceding not only all Dukes, but all the great officers of the Crown. "It belongs to him to crown the King." The Sovereign and his or her consort are speciales domestici parochiani Arch Cant (parishioners of the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury). The Archbishop of Canterbury is Primate of all England, is entitled to the prefix of "Your Grace," and is formally styled "By Divine Providence, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury."​

Last edited:
The Archbishop of Canterbury who conducted the christening is the first peer of England next to the Royal Family, preceding not only all Dukes, but all the great officers of the Crown. "It belongs to him to crown the King." The Sovereign and his or her consort are speciales domestici parochiani Arch Cant (parishioners of the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury). The Archbishop of Canterbury is Primate of all England, is entitled to the prefix of "Your Grace," and is formally styled "By Divine Providence, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury."

Interesting! Do former archbishops retain that rank or any special styles/privileges?

Anne didn't go to Harry's christening so why should Harry go to Charlotte's.

Pretty absolutely adorable George! we used to call around 5pm the "witching" hour so he really is quite a well behaved almost 2 year old.
Would like to see more pix of Middletons.

Back
Top Bottom