Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Rudolph for posting the article with pictures of the interior of the chapel at St. James' Palace. I had never seen the interior before and always wondered what it was like in there. Looks like a perfect place for a cozy, family christening for Louis. ?

I wonder if Trini will finally be godmother? Her and Kate go so far back.

Trini Foyle is an old friend of Catherine’s. They went to Marlborough College together.

Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby says of Prince Louis's christening next week: "You know, if you're at the wedding don't drop the rings and if you're at the baptism don't drop the baby. They're a wonderful family, there's lots of love and it'll be a great occasion."

Via Hannah Furness Twitter

Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.

From what I have read the Cambridges' friends tend to stay under the radar, so any interaction might occur away from the cameras' lenses. ?

Who do you think will be in the official group photo that they release? It's a bigger group than when Charlotte was christened, with the addition of Harry (who had been in Australia), Meghan, and Pippa's husband. Do you think they will do a big group with all the family members, or maybe (at least release) one of just the immediate Cambridge family?

I suspect they will release one with the Cambridge family and one with maybe the grandparents and the Queen and Philip.

They aren't into releasing that many pictures of the children and this occasion will be no different - one or maybe two.

Who do you think will be in the official group photo that they release? It's a bigger group than when Charlotte was christened, with the addition of Harry (who had been in Australia), Meghan, and Pippa's husband. Do you think they will do a big group with all the family members, or maybe (at least release) one of just the immediate Cambridge family?

I predict 4 pictures:
1. Group shot with the extended family
2. Shot of the full Cambridge family
3. Shot of either William and Kate with Louis (or perhaps William and Kate with Louis)
4. A miscellaneous shot

Looking at the pictures from George and Charlotte’s christening, that’s basically what they did.

With George, it was 1 extended family pic, 2 Cambridge family pics, 1 pic of the Windsor family, and 1 pic of the 4 generations of monarchs. With Charlotte, it was 1 extended family pic, 1 Cambridge family pic, 1 pic of Kate and Charlotte, and 1 pic of William and George.

From what I have read the Cambridges' friends tend to stay under the radar, so any interaction might occur away from the cameras' lenses. ?

Yes, the young royals and their friends do a very good job staying hidden when they want lol. I am sure it helps Will and Kate that they have a country home for folks to visit. Out of the London glare.

We saw a lot of the Cambridge’s friends when they were single and partying. Now folks are married and with kids. Things have calmed down.

Well, today is the Christening. I think the service starts at 4pm. Looking forward to learning of the Godparents and coverage.

Won’t it be lovely to see the Cambridge family as a little group of 5 for the first time!

Won’t it be lovely to see the Cambridge family as a little group of 5 for the first time!

Yes! It’s so rare to see them. So it’s going to be a treat indeed.

I'm really looking forward to it, kind of surprising as I wasn't that interested in George or Charlotte. I mean, I did watch and all, but I think this one will be more fun since we'll see three cute Cambridges interacting (I personally think we see them too infrequently).

Agree! :flowers: Though it will be more fun come Christmas with Louis as an 8-month old.

https://www.royal.uk/christening-prince-louis-guests-and-godparents

The following guests will today attend the christening of Prince Louis at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace:

- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael Middleton, Mr. and Mrs. James Matthews, and Mr. James Middleton
- The godparents of Prince Louis and their spouses

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be godparents to Prince Louis, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses:

- Mr. Nicholas van Cutsem
- Mr. Guy Pelly
- Mr. Harry Aubrey-Fletcher
- The Lady Laura Meade
- Mrs. Robert Carter
- Miss Lucy Middleton

Am I right: The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh won't attend the christening?

https://www.royal.uk/christening-prince-louis-guests-and-godparents

The following guests will today attend the christening of Prince Louis at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace:

- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael Middleton, Mr. and Mrs. James Matthews, and Mr. James Middleton
- The godparents of Prince Louis and their spouses

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be godparents to Prince Louis, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses:

- Mr. Nicholas van Cutsem
- Mr. Guy Pelly
- Mr. Harry Aubrey-Fletcher
- The Lady Laura Meade
- Mrs. Robert Carter
- Miss Lucy Middleton

Does this mean HM and the DoE aren't attending?

It looks like it. They were listed as guests for Princess Charlotte's.

Buckingham Palace: Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge's christening this afternoon.

------------------------------------------

Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge’s christening. The decision was not made on health grounds, Buckingham Palace says, and it is understood to have been mutually agreed by the Queen and the Cambridges some time ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Harry spends £8,000 on first edition Winnie The Pooh book | Daily Mail Online

Uncle Prince Harry bought £8,000 first edition book for nephew's christening

What a very thoughtful gift for any child, a personal book is one of the most important things a child can receive. It opens doors to everything new in the world, new adventures, new ways of doing something........untold ideas come from books as we grow, I so love this idea of a personal library for any child.

I'm shocked that the Queen and DoE are not attending. Didn't they attend the Christenings for their other 5 great-grandchildren?

I picked Harry Aubrey-Fletcher as a godfather so i'm pleased to see him chosen. I picked Lucy Middleton for Charlotte so I was one child off for her.

I'm quite surprised William chose Guy Pelly and Nicolas van Cutsem. While both are close friends, they are both controversial men. I guess since it's the third child and the Queen isn't attending, William thought he could be a little looser with his choices.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that the Queen and DoE are not attending. Didn't they attend the Christenings for their other 5 great-grandchildren?

I don't think they were at Isla Phillips's.

Mrs Robert Carter - who is this?

Daily Mail reporting it is Sophie Carter who is also Charlotte's godmother. I had always assumed she was unmarried?

Mrs. Robert Carter is Hannah Gillingham.

Thank you

Also noticed 6 godparents for Louis

Charlotte has 5 and George 7 - always assumed that George got more cause he is the future King and therefore Louis and Charlotte would both have 5

Buckingham Palace: Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge's christening this afternoon.

------------------------------------------

Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge’s christening. The decision was not made on health grounds, Buckingham Palace says, and it is understood to have been mutually agreed by the Queen and the Cambridges some time ago

Whenever the Queen misses an important event, there is speculation about her health. The fact that the Palace made a point to deny that her absence was due to health concerns actually has the opposite effect of increasing the speculation.

Back
Top Bottom