The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
And although I love to see HM and the DoE out and about, it was nice to see the Cambridges and their 'immediate' family and friends take centre-stage today.
True. I especially liked seeing Charles and Camilla out front, and particularly like the moment when Camilla hung back allowing Charles to be out front (not that she had planned that bit only that it occurred serendipitously).

Old 07-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Royal Highness

It's unfortunate the Queen and Prince Philip weren't able to attend but it was a very happy occasion. I think we can safely assume that Charlotte is an extravert. It was kind of touching to watch George starting to realize that Mom wouldn't be able to hold his hand all the time now. He handled it well, but I thought it was obvious that it was new to him. He's going to have to get used to being the big kid in the family-it's part of life.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes, but she always stays at Windsor until Tuesday.
This weekend she was in Norfolk, not at Windsor.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I know that of course!

And if you had gone back in the thread and read these posts, you would have known that I know:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Well IMO, it has more to do with the fact that she (at the great age of 92) has been taking it easy in Norfolk with her 97 (almost 100)- year-old husband, before heading back to Windsor today. - There she will stay until tomorrow, when she vill be back in London for another busy week, not bad.
Jacqui24, then replied with this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I thought the reporting is that she's coming back from Sandringham today?
And I responded with what you quoted above.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Majesty

The biggest surprise for me was that Daddy looked less-than-thrilled in the majority of the photos.

Part of it, I am sure was photo selection. But Catherine looked transcendently radiant while Will looked like he was trapped holding onto two forces of nature, just waiting for it all to go sideways. Harry was also a bit gloomy.

Handsome group overall.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
It's unfortunate the Queen and Prince Philip weren't able to attend but it was a very happy occasion. I think we can safely assume that Charlotte is an extravert. It was kind of touching to watch George starting to realize that Mom wouldn't be able to hold his hand all the time now. He handled it well, but I thought it was obvious that it was new to him. He's going to have to get used to being the big kid in the family-it's part of life.
Since William has usually been the one holding George's hand out in public since Charlotte has come along, I'm sure he has adapted.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Majesty

I wonder why the court only announced what wasn't the reason for not attending instead of the reason (probably along the lines of "due to the duke's (old) age and the queen's busy schedule it was decided...")

Catherine looked radiant on all but one picture. William was making sure all went well with the older kids in front of the cameras.

I still don't like this private chtistening thing as to me this is something that should be celebrated among the church community (parish) that a family belongs but apparently that's not the BRF's reasoning.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The biggest surprise for me was that Daddy looked less-than-thrilled in the majority of the photos.

Part of it, I am sure was photo selection. But Catherine looked transcendently radiant while Will looked like he was trapped holding onto two forces of nature, just waiting for it all to go sideways. Harry was also a bit gloomy.

Handsome group overall.
I too noticed the gloomy looks on both William and Harry. Catherine and Meghan simply glowed. Everyone looked very nice. Iím nuts about George and Charlotte. They make me laugh. Canít wait to see Louisís christening pics.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Don't know why I am surprised the DM cant get simple facts straight, but Nicholas is NOT the father of Grace Van Cutsem. He is Grace's Uncle. Grace is Hugh's daughter. Nicholas has one child, who we did see in a royal wedding, but the recent one. Little Florence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Has nothing to do with importance or that Peter is less than William.

As I said...Peter and his family are private citizens. William and his family are not. Yes it is surprising that the Queen is not there for the Christening for a child of a future King.

LaRae
This is a private event. Not a royal event. It is not the ceremony of the third son of a future king. It is the private baptism of a great grandchild of the queen. She doesn't attend or not attend based on how close they are to the throne. Isla may be less important to the UK. But she is not less important to Grandma Elizabeth.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think Meghan/Harry will be in the pics...I thought only the godparents were in the pics?
Maybe there are pictures taken with the godparents, but the official pictures that are released apparently only include the baby with parents and siblings, both sets of grandparents, the Queen and Prince Philip and other immediate family members, such as Prince Harry and Pippa, for example in Prince George's christening photo:
https://www.eonline.com/de/news/4738...fficial-photos

Prince Harry did not appear in Princess Charlotte's christening photo because he was on an overseas trip:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...e-in-pictures/

So now for Prince Louis, with both Pippa and Harry married, their spouses are bound to be in the official photo I would imagine, but the Queen and Prince Philip won't be. Perhaps another official portrait will be taken at a later date with the Cambridges and QE II & Pip. There's probably separate photos taken of the Cambridges with all of the godparents.

Here's video

Below with commentary by Royal Reviewer re details of the christening:
Old 07-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I too noticed the gloomy looks on both William and Harry. Catherine and Meghan simply glowed. Everyone looked very nice. Iím nuts about George and Charlotte. They make me laugh. Canít wait to see Louisís christening pics.
Considering that the British government is at the point of falling and a Cabinet crisis is grabbing the headlines, it is not surprising that the Prince's look suitably sombre
Old 07-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Considering that the British government is at the point of falling and a Cabinet crisis is grabbing the headlines, it is not surprising that the Prince's look suitably sombre
That could be it. Just noticed there werenít a lot of teeth on display from the Princes.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
The British government is niot at the point of falling ( at least not yet) and, in any case, I doubt William or Harry care about that. The royals are non-partisan and will work with whatever government that is in office. Government formation is none of their business.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

There's video of Harry and Meghan laughing ....William had some big smiles too.

LaRae
Old 07-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This is a private event. Not a royal event. It is not the ceremony of the third son of a future king. It is the private baptism of a great grandchild of the queen. She doesn't attend or not attend based on how close they are to the throne. Isla may be less important to the UK. But she is not less important to Grandma Elizabeth.
It's indeed treated as a private event but currently the monarch has to be a member of the Church of England so this baptism potentially (not likely but the government seems to consider the first 6 in line relevant) has constitutional relevance as well.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Majesty

It was interesting to learn that Prince Louis' christening cake is a tier of cake taken from his parents' wedding cake.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely event and little prince Louis is gorgeous as is his whole family. I was surprised at Carole and pippa dresses, both emphasizing a gathered bust which did nothing for either of them. Usually they are so well turned out
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Catherine looked radiant on all but one picture. William was making sure all went well with the older kids in front of the cameras.

I still don't like this private chtistening thing as to me this is something that should be celebrated among the church community (parish) that a family belongs but apparently that's not the BRF's reasoning.
I am torn on this one. I completely understand why the Royal families of Belgium and Britain prefer to keep their baptismal ceremonies as private religious family affairs. But in my heart I love to see Royal christenings as traditional public spectacles...with the grandeur of the ancient chapels and cathedrals on full display like in Sweden.

My all time favorite Royal/Princely baptism was in Monaco with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. The Heir was proclaimed and he and his sister received into the Church in a gorgeous joyous spectacle that seemed as grand as it was intimate with tears of joy and literal dancing in the street by the Monagasques.

It was perfect.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

How to be a good Godparent:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...ual-sage-good/

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Handsome group overall.
I also thought the same thing, poor William stuck holding onto 2 little ones who were looking for an escape it seemed, had me chuckling at even though he is who he is, this is not something he has very much control of if George and Charlotte decide otherwise.......He seemed entirely focused on both of them while Catherine just had such a glow about her while holding Louis. Just a very beautiful family together and you can tell who rules that nest there.....