Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know the British royals don’t show royal christening to the public, but I would love to see an old fashioned palace christening. Like in the Buckingham Palace Music Room. Louis’s grandfather, The Prince of Wales, was christened there.

Last edited:
I read that a tier of their wedding cake was served, how is preserve a 7 yar old cake? I would be scare to eat!
Did the have a tea or meal gathering after?

After the christening a private tea service was held.

I'm not sure if this has been reported on, but apparently Charlotte told the photographers "you're not coming" as she was arriving to Louis's christening yesterday :D:

Video: 'You're not coming' Princess Charlotte to photographers at christening | Daily Mail Online

Just got to love children and their freedom to say whatever they want! ?

Indeed :D

Just for the perspective on outgoingness: George was waving today as well behind the window (not an enormous full arm wave as done by Charlotte but a proper forearm wave)

I'm not sure if this has been reported on, but apparently Charlotte told the photographers "you're not coming" as she was arriving to Louis's christening yesterday :D:

Video: 'You're not coming' Princess Charlotte to photographers at christening | Daily Mail Online

Just got to love children and their freedom to say whatever they want! ?

Charlotte must have asked about all the people in the courtyard and was given that answer. :flowers: She's at a young age where the distinctions are not clearly defined in her mind. She would want to know where all those people would be going. Cute. (She also speaks up! No shyness in evidence whatsoever!)

:previous:I agree Lady Nimue. As any parent has likely experienced, your pre-schooler is inquisitive and is likely to share whatever is on their mind. Charlotte like any child that age is still learning to communicate and will continue to learn about appropriate and inappropriate statements and observations for years to come. ?

:previous:I agree Lady Nimue. As any parent has likely experienced, your pre-schooler is inquisitive and is likely to share whatever is on their mind. Charlotte like any child that age is still learning to communicate and will continue to learn about appropriate and inappropriate statements and observations for years to come. ?

Agreed completely. And can I just say, I absolutely loved it! Charlotte seems be a very confident and outgoing child which is wonderful and she seems to already be picking up on that tried and true royal stance on publicity...she plays nice, waves sweetly for the camera, gives a nice smile, and then tells them to buzz off. ?

Agreed completely. And can I just say, I absolutely loved it! Charlotte seems be a very confident and outgoing child which is wonderful and she seems to already be picking up on that tried and true royal stance on publicity...she plays nice, waves sweetly for the camera, gives a nice smile, and then tells them to buzz off. ?

Hah, seems that she has inherited that characteristic from her great-grandfather who is reported to have said "you have mosquitoes, I have the press" :D

Now that Charlotte has that down pat in how the media operates, let her get on with making lists of royal duties to be done.......:lol::lol: What a strong intelligent little girl she is becoming......William and Catherine have their hands full with her, she rules that roost for sure....:lol:

You know that William and Kate must of had a chuckle about what she said later on...I would of!

LaRae

It also struck me that at that young age, whenever Charlotte finds herself in a large group (extended family) they do indeed show up at the party. :flowers: So for all she knew, that group in the courtyard could have been extended family. Ha! ;)

Being a gregarious sort, she may have even been looking forward to meeting them all. After all, she gave them the most appealing lingering look all the way to the doorway. She looked oh-so-curious! She most definitely has an affinity for the great unknown the press represents (though she hardly understands who they are at this point). But on some level (I think) she recognizes them as 'her people'. I'm teasing, but one never knows! Give it 10 years!

I read that a tier of their wedding cake was served, how is preserve a 7 yar old cake? I would be scare to eat!
Did the have a tea or meal gathering after?

Traditional English fruitcake lasts a very very long time. I read a few years ago that a tin of fruitcake had been discovered in one of the huts from the Shackleton expedition early in the twentieth century. It looked rather dry but not mouldy at all. Sometimes pieces of Queen Elizabeth IIs wedding cake come up for auction. Same thing, look a bit dry but are eatable.

When people preserve the cake with its dried fruits for a future christening it's placed in an airtight box and every now and again taken out and given 'a watering' with some brandy or sherry.

Many renew the icing and marzipan before the christening. These cakes really are delicious, but unfortunately they're going out of favour with modern brides.

I know the British royals don’t show royal christening to the public, but I would love to see an old fashioned palace christening. Like in the Buckingham Palace Music Room. Louis’s grandfather, The Prince of Wales, was christened there.

Well, this was actually an old fashioned Palace christening, just in another Palace (St James´s instead of BP).
Those Music room christenings only took place there for a couple of times (I think William´s was the last one) because the chapel of Buck. Palace was destroyed during WW2. I think it is quite proper to have a christening being held in a real sacred place like a church or a chapel, which the music room is not.

What I would call "old fashioned" and really grand are the christenings of the children) of Victoria and Albert, the parents arrayed in their Garter robes, The Queen wearing a diadem, and the ceromony taking place in W. Abbey or at Windsor!

I don't think any of Victoria and Abert's children were christened in Westminster Abbey. Nor are royals christened there today.

So I guess the official portraits should be released on Saturday?

I don't think any of Victoria and Abert's children were christened in Westminster Abbey. Nor are royals christened there today.

We all know no royal children are christened in WA these days - if they ever did. Still, the christenings, especially of the eldest children of the monarch, were well and true state occasions at St. George´ s chapel like this detailed report from the christening of the later Edward VII tells us:

The Christening Of Albert Edward, Prince Of Wales | History And Other Thoughts

https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/...nline/2/3/255392-1330620963.jpg?itok=Xh--i8In

Last edited:
Let's stay on topic...which is the Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge.

As such, several posts which can be construed as personal attacks as well as references to the Nazi's have been deleted.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Any questions should be directed to a member of the TRF moderation team.

Thank you.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Christening pics will be released tonight (for tomorrow’s papers)

Everyone looks nice. Sweet pictures.

What beautiful photos those are! In the one with just Kate and Louis, its pretty clear to see that little Louis is going to have blue eyes.

Great family portraits even though I do miss the Queen being in the center of them. Well worth the wait for.

Thanks Eya!

Reactions: eya
Sorry but not great quality photos. The one on the gray background is bad. It looks like George was photo shopped into the photo. And William looks like a mannequin. George is badly photo shopped in one of the family pics too. Not the good quality expect from official royal photos.

I do love the photo with Kate and Louis. And the extended family portrait :flowers:

Miss seeing the queen and Philip. :sad:

Beautiful family photos! I wonder if Angela Kelly tea dyed the fabric and the lace of the replica christening gown? It is a much deeper shade than the cream worn by Kate, Camilla and on George's shirt.

George's beaming smile is so typical for pre-school boys and Charlotte is sweetly gazing at Louis. ?

Considering the background colors of the drapery, rugs, upholstery, it appears that some real coordination was done to create IMO a harmonious photo with the combined Windsor/Middleton family.

I like that Louis' blood relatives (plus Camilla and James Matthews ) all wore blue and/or white. It was a perfect color scheme with the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic of Kate and Louis is one of the best formal royal pictures I've ever seen. Definitely the best from the Cambridges I think.

Back
Top Bottom