The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal Members of the Royal Family arrive at St James's Palace for the christening of Prince Louis. https://twitter.com/i/status/1016340563623333888

Old 07-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Nobility

It's quite common for fruit cake to last a long long time. They re-marzipan and ice though.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals arriving

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...40563623333888
Old 07-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

Fruitcake can last ages with loads of booze in it though most people seem to dislike it these days so probably won’t rush to eat it.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the Duchesse´ s head piece! So much prettier than these small hats whose brims are located much in front of the forehead, almost down to the nose.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I like that Carole, Pippa, Lucy and Charlotte all wore light blue. Family unity between the ladies.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
People are hardly being hysterical, just discussing behavior seemingly out of the normal for the Queen.
Well, people said they were shocked by it, and I wrote that ''perhaps we should just calm down a bit.'' I didn't say that people were being hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
And just because BP says there is no health doesn’t mean anything, for the record. The Queen is spry for 92 but 92 is still 92.
I wrote ''reliable sources,'' not what BP says officially.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Of course William and Catherine understand The Queen and Prince Philip not being able to attend, but the media and folks online still aren’t used to the fact that The Queen and Prince Philip are old. Prince Philip is retired and Her Majesty is being careful with her activities.

Don’t know if anyone paid attention to The Queen after the Royal Garden Party in Scotland. The woman looked drained by the end of it. Look at the video.
Well, the Queen & Philip has been old for a VERY LONG time, and the serious newspapers and the royal commentators/reporters aren't speculating about her not being at the christening at all.

--------------------

And to all the others, did you even read my previous post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Well, perhaps we should just calm down a bit.

1. According to all reliable sources during the past few years, the Queen is in ''remarkable'' god health for her age (yes that's the word they have been using), and if you take a look at her when she is out and about, you'll se it.

2. She has been spending her weekend with Philip in Norfolk, following her busy schedule in Scotland last week, and is on her way back to London today for yet a busy schedule this week.

Tweets from Rebecca English:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will not be attending today's christening. There's no health issue for the Queen. She was working flat out in Scotland last week and has got a busy few days in London with the RAF Centenary event tomorrow and #Trump on Friday.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
The Queen & Philip have just spent the weekend together in Norfolk. He is remaining there while she travels back to London today. Her decision not to attend was mutually agreed with William & Kate, while Philip clearly doesn't want to attend public events unless he really has to.
Tweets from Richard Palmer:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are not attending Prince Louis’s christening this afternoon. I understand that was mutually agreed some time ago and the Cambridges are “relaxed” about it.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
Why isn’t the Queen going to Prince Louis’s christening? I’ve spoken to a couple of sources and the explanation seems to be it’s another busy week for the monarch at 92. She has the RAF centenary tomorrow, a meeting with President Trump on Friday and audiences in between.

--------------------

And to the christening:

Prince Louis’s big day as royals gather for christening - updates from ITV

ITN video:
Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Nobility

As others have mentioned, the Queen and the Duke are old. Not just old. They're both very very old. They need more time to recover from things and to rest up. People online act like they're in their 70's or something. To be walking unaided is an amazing thing for people in their age bracket, let alone doing more than 1 engagement a week.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Exactly!

BTW, I have updated the above post with an ITN video of the arrivals.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Based on Camilla fanning herself when leaving, I bet it was quite warm. That may have been a factor too for HM and Prince Philip.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Well IMO, it has more to do with the fact that she (at the great age of 92) has been taking it easy in Norfolk with her 97 (almost 100)- year-old husband, before heading back to Windsor today. - There she will stay until tomorrow, when she vill be back in London for another busy week, not bad.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Old 07-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Well IMO, it has more to do with the fact that she (at the great age of 92) has been taking it easy in Norfolk with her 97 (almost 100)- year-old husband, before heading back to Windsor today. - There she will stay until tomorrow, when she vill be back in London for another busy week, not bad.
I thought the reporting is that she's coming back from Sandringham today?
Old 07-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

It wasn't just HM and DoE who didn't show. I didn't see some of the spouses of the godparents - Mr. Meade, Mrs. van Cutsem and Mrs. Aubrey-Fletcher.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Well, it is a Monday and thus a work day. If folks have regular jobs, doesn’t make much sense to take time off for a christening if you are not the actual godparent yourself
Old 07-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...46523938648064

So according to the announcement, guests will be served slices of christening cake which is from one of the tiers of the Cambridge wedding cake. Thank goodness there was still enough left from George and Charlotte's christenings!
So this is why the Queen isn’t attending- she just couldn’t face another slice of that fruitcake.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm not at all shocked that the Queen didn't attend. As others have said, she has a busy week ahead of her. Plus she has missed a christening before, so this isn't anything new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I like that Carole, Pippa, Lucy and Charlotte all wore light blue. Family unity between the ladies.
I like that too. Hannah Carter also wore light blue.

Some photos of the Cambridges. Louis is adorable:
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...52537128128512

Coverage of the christening from the DM. I'm looking forward to the official portraits.
Prince Louis christening is attended by William, Kate, George and Charlotte | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like that some music from the Cambridge and the Prince and Princess of Wales’s royal weddings were performed for the christening. William and Harry always make sure to incorporate special family memories into their lives.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

The baby looks like his older brother.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I think this is another illustration of the Queen letting Charles take over her duties. At Charlotte's christening, Charles was so low key that some asked if he was even in attendance.