The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2018, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe it was mentioned that she will be back in September. So, that would make it 5 months, give or take a week.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the Duchess of Cambridge will start making her comeback probably around mid to late July. She won’t be gone long.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2018, 09:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it will be more along the lines of late August ...maybe even September.

LaRae
Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it will be more along the lines of late August ...maybe even September.

LaRae
It wonít be that long. KP will most likely announce an engagement for her soon. Likely late July.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2018, 09:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It wonít be that long. KP will most likely announce an engagement for her soon. Likely late July.
The royals, even those who aren't on maternity leave, are pretty quiet late July/August. It wouldn't be too much surprise if it was fall.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Where are you getting this info?
Iím sure Kensington Palace said she would be back to her regular schedule in the Fall. To me that means September, definitely not July.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I also think it will be fall before an official itinerary of engagements are announced for Kate signaling the end of her maternity leave.

This doesn't mean that Kate won't pop up here and there every so often doing something but as the summer months is when all the British royals kind of take a breather and time out, things resume in full swing in Septemeber.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

I think Kateís return to full time work will coordinate with George and Charlotte going back to school in early September. I do expect her to appear at a few spotted events over the summer ... I know she hasnít been announced, but wouldnít surprise me if she comes to RAF service next week since she is the Honorary Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets. And the will prob make an appearance or 2 at Wimbledon.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Kateís return to full time work will coordinate with George and Charlotte going back to school in early September. I do expect her to appear at a few spotted events over the summer ... I know she hasnít been announced, but wouldnít surprise me if she comes to RAF service next week since she is the Honorary Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets. And the will prob make an appearance or 2 at Wimbledon.
I think that is correct. The odd appearance here and there, and then a proper return to work once George and Charlotte return to school in early September.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Interesting conversation (though it seems off-topic to Louis' Christening).

Speaking of which, I'm glad they are having it at the Chapel Royal in St. James Palace instead of at St Mary Magdalene's. It offers more privacy. Going by George's reaction outside Lindo Wing, I don't think he'd be ready to walk past hundreds (thousands?) of royalists as they line the path at Sandringham. His 1-year-old self at Charlotte's Christening seemed to also find it off-putting and needed to be carried by dad. So while I'm sure they chose The Chapel Royal primarily because they're now based in London, as well as convenience for the other Royals (Queen and Philip especially), I think it will benefit George as well.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Less than a week to go

Prince Louis' christening: Inside the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace where service for royal baby will take place
Old 07-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks Rudolph for posting the article with pictures of the interior of the chapel at St. James' Palace. I had never seen the interior before and always wondered what it was like in there. Looks like a perfect place for a cozy, family christening for Louis.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Trini will finally be godmother? Her and Kate go so far back.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I wonder if Trini will finally be godmother? Her and Kate go so far back.
Zaira, Who is Trini?
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Majesty

Trini Foyle is an old friend of Catherine’s. They went to Marlborough College together.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Majesty

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby says of Prince Louis's christening next week: "You know, if you're at the wedding don't drop the rings and if you're at the baptism don't drop the baby. They're a wonderful family, there's lots of love and it'll be a great occasion."

Via Hannah Furness Twitter
Old 07-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.

From what I have read the Cambridges' friends tend to stay under the radar, so any interaction might occur away from the cameras' lenses.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who do you think will be in the official group photo that they release? It's a bigger group than when Charlotte was christened, with the addition of Harry (who had been in Australia), Meghan, and Pippa's husband. Do you think they will do a big group with all the family members, or maybe (at least release) one of just the immediate Cambridge family?
Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

I suspect they will release one with the Cambridge family and one with maybe the grandparents and the Queen and Philip.

They aren't into releasing that many pictures of the children and this occasion will be no different - one or maybe two.