The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2018, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry’s hand is on the frame of the sofa. Like Meghan’s is.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Yep, looks like he is resting his hand on the top of the couch.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful family Kate is glowing and I think that Louis is one contented baby. Third babies often are my 3rd was loving the older siblings etc
Old 07-16-2018, 05:00 AM
Serene Highness

I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Great pictures and even better that they released another one:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1731958771.jpg

Kate is superconfident and happy these days!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

They both look beautiful. She seems very settled and content. That baby looks 100% Middleton.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

The newest picture of a beaming Prince Louis is just beautiful! I think both Cambridge boys favour the Middleton side while Charlotte favours the Windsors.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful photos what a darling little boy and proud mother
Old 07-16-2018, 06:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.
Besides the plant I don’t see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Aww very cute shot of a smiling Louis though why two photographers? Interesting.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Besides the plant I don’t see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.
To me, the final photos make sense, IMO. She fits right in, especially with the overall tone of the photos in post-processing. The idea is for the entire group to look tied together, more harmonization of colors rather than to have a uniform and to look completely "matchy matchy," as that's just too much. (The Swedes like to do overdo the color matching in their family photos and much as I love them, I think it's too much) Plus had she worn white, it would have been too much with the two DoCs already wearing that color.

Apologies to the mods, if I got out of topic. I moonlight as an interior designer and do get obsessed with colors, lol.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

Anytime we have family photos the photographer has asked us all to wear mainly pale blue My friends family’s have been the same. I wouldn’t have any idea why but it must be for some good reason
Old 07-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photos the Duchess is beaming ,what a lovely family.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Catherine produced some beautiful kids! What’s even more important is that they got what wanted, a happy marriage and happy family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Courtier

The shot of just the Cambridge 5 in front of the backdrop reminds me of the family photo they used last year for their Christmas card, which was obviously taken at George’s birthday.

The similarity makes me think that one will be used later for some purpose other than marking the christening.

Part of me also hopes this means that, over the years, we’ll periodically get a photo of everyone standing before a blank backdrop. Taken all together those eventually could be a fun way to gauge the kids’ growth since everything else would be fairly consistent from photo to photo.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Louis isn't their last, Kate still has time on her side for one more
Old 07-16-2018, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites.
Of course she is going to play favorites. Each child will be her favorite child for different reasons.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles seems to have an odd smile but looking at him in the picture when he is next to harry, they look so alike. Megan’s dress looks brown in the photos, I guess they used some sort of filter. The baby is just wonderful and delightful,as are the other children
Old 07-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Oh my goodness!!! That is precious. Louis is such pretty baby. I just can't get enough of looking at that picture.