Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was a nice gift for us. I like all the pictures, but the one with George holding his arms up is the type of picture people put up on Facebook or would go on a Christmas card sent to their friends. I can just see William and Catherine looking at each other and saying: "this is too cute." It's nice they included it.

As I said earlier they could be saving a photo with Queen holding Prince George for her Christmas Speech.

And as another user said which I never thought about is that he could be too swarms for the Queen. They have already commented how fussy he is

Personally, I think that the Queen is one of those people very private and who don't show much affection outiside... She looks very discreet... Maybe that was the reason...

As I said earlier they could be saving a photo with Queen holding Prince George for her Christmas Speech.

And as another user said which I never thought about is that he could be too swarms for the Queen. They have already commented how fussy he is
Very possibly, and I'll bet there is at least one picture of the Queen and the heirs during the visit to Balmoral. Hopefully we'll see it in the future, but maybe not.

They also probably wouldn't have had a huge amount of time to get the photos taken. It's a large group of people, at least some of whom had other places they needed to be later on, all of whom were probably getting tired and hungry, and a 3 month old baby who could start screaming at any minute. Even for such an anticipated set of photographs, IMO, it wouldn't have been wise to push their luck by trying to get a 'perfect' shot.

The photos they did get are lovely, and I love George's triumphant pose with his parents… he probably just realized he's getting out of that dress soon!

Love the picture with George with his hands in the air. Lovely of them to invite the nanny to the christening too. They are a very important person to George no doubt. Aside from the fact he essentially looks like a baby, and I said yesterday I thought I looks like Kate... I am going to review that slightly and say he looks like Kate and a little bit of Harry. Seems a chilled, calm, relaxed little chap. Again he is essentially a baby but perhaps he takes after Kate... and perhaps a little bit of Harry in that respect.

A Reporter on twitter was asking His (James) Nephew Christening was important enough for hsi to shave his beard.

Kelly Harrison ‏@RoyalReview 36m
C'mon James, the christening of your nephew - the future king - was not a good enough reason to shave your lumberjack beard?

I am sure they have one of the Queen holding Prince George and I think we will see one someday. They could be saving it for The Queen Christmas Speech.
There is NO chance that a picture of Queen Elizabeth holding Prince George will be released in her lifetime. She has never held any of her grandchildren or great-grandchildren in official photographs. I don't think it's an image that she is comfortable with as the reigning monarch.

The photos are quite lovely. The photo of Her Majesty, the best-dressed lady in this event, with the future throne holders is unnaturally nice.
Mr. James Middleton should have trimmed his beard.

Last edited:
A Reporter on twitter was asking His (James) Nephew Christening was important enough for hsi to shave his beard.

Kelly Harrison ‏@RoyalReview 36m
C'mon James, the christening of your nephew - the future king - was not a good enough reason to shave your lumberjack beard?

That is hardly a "lumberjack beard". Apparently this person has never seen the real thing. James actually looks rather like a Windsor with the beard and his very blue eyes.

I think all of those pictures are great and I don't see anything to complain about. George is going to give Estelle some competition in the sassy department, I think. :)

in 1894, Edward and George didn't shave theirs off - stupid comment

Queen Victoria and Three Future Kings alongside Queen Elizabeth and Three Future Kings

Attachments

• three heirs.jpg
    three heirs.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 274
This made my day! Happy photos made me a happy a girl. In other news, I had a pipe break and flood the kitchen. It puts a mommy with a tilted head in perspective. ;)

They're wonderful and I actually got teary seeing the four Generations one. The best one really is Wills, Kate and George celebrating that his big day was finally over and YYAAAAYYYYY!! :D. That is just one priceless picture. He is one adorable lil dude and it's going to be fun watching him grow over the years. Next big milestone will be Christmas. I have a funny feeling the Decorations might just be in danger by then. Not sure why, but we do know he's a lil Master Fidgety Bum, so George could be one of those early crawlers me thinks.

I know nothing to base that on BTW. Just an instinct thing.:)

I love these pictures. Well done indeed Jason Bell!!

This made my day! Happy photos made me a happy a girl. In other news, I had a pipe break and flood the kitchen. It puts a mommy with a tilted head in perspective. ;)

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for the mess you have to cope w/now. Many thoughts headed your way and it certainly does put things in perspective. Hang in there!!

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for the mess you have to cope w/now. Many thoughts headed your way and it certainly does put things in perspective. Hang in there!!

Hee, hee, George and I both are having a watery week!

I really like the pictures, especially the shot of the Cambridge family. George looks so happy and full of life. I would've liked to see The Queen holding George in an official portrait but something tells me she's stopped holding babies at her age or she just prefer to do so in private.

James Middleton really did look like George V in the first picture.

I think George looks very much like William except his eye is more round like Kate's.

LaRae

We might get some video of the queen with George during the Christmas message. He won't be taken to church on Christmas Day so no more photos until the tour in 2014.

In the picture of William, Catherine and George I can picture George saying "Hello world, here I am".

Middletons and Windsor Picture - https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/393482769197572096/photo/1

Peter Hunt
‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Windsors and the Middletons. (Pix Jason Bell/Camera Press)

George and his parents - https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/393483118499622914/photo/1

Rebecca English
‏@RE_DailyMail
The pictures the world has been waiting for..... Prince George and his parents

Catherine looks like barbie doll, real shame about her pose.

The Windsors - https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/393482586095243264/photo/1

‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Windsors. (Pix Jason Bell/ Camera Press

Monarchs - https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/393482050243538944/photo/1

‏@BBCPeterHunt
One Queen. Three kings in waiting. One handbag. (Pix Jason Bell/Camera Press)

The photo of Kate and William and George is so beautiful it makes me cry- and the one of the 4 monarchs is wonderful.

Sources said there will be a pic of William, Catherine and baby, one with middletons and royals, one with godparents and one with the 4 generations.
Maybe this is a silly question: what do the godparents exactly do at the ceremony? Do the only attend or have specific functions?

In the Church of England: Godparents make solemn declarations of their own faith, they affirm the Faith of the Church as set out in the Apostles' Creed, and their avowed intention to encourage the child in the life and faith of the Christian community, all "with the help of God."
The questions and responses are set out in the Baptism Liturgy. :flowers:

Loved the official photos. They must have had great fun sifting through them, and a great laugh picking the main one of Kate, Will and George. Talk about character !! His arms in the air, a la Leonardo di Caprio in Titanic.... saying... I'm KING of the World ! which he kind of is, really ! LOL

Everyone looked so well, but again... for me.... my goodness... Pippa stole the show style wise. Her outfit was utterly sublime... possibly the best I have ever seen Pippa look, along with the you know what dress of course !!

Ohhhh just looking and her and Harry standing next to each other in the official photo would make you weep. On paper... they are MFEO .... why can't it just come about !!!! They look so good together. Who needs a dodgy banker with a penchant for PINK trousers and a skinny girl that looks about 11. DUMP THEM...and fall in love.... I demand it !!! LOL. Imagine the POWER foursome they would make.

To me, George was saying- Horray all done!:lol:

James looks more substantial with the beard. I don't like beards on most men, but on James it is actually better than his no-beard photos. Pippa does look great. In fact everyone looked great except that the DoE looked tired.

I really like the pictures, especially the shot of the Cambridge family. George looks so happy and full of life. I would've liked to see The Queen holding George in an official portrait but something tells me she's stopped holding babies at her age or she just prefer to do so in private.

James Middleton really did look like George V in the first picture.

I also think QEII deliberately chose not to hold Prince George because Prince William decided he was NOT going to let go of his son and risk disturbing the baby's perfect composure! :flowers: On another note, I am in awe of the history evident in the Clarence House Morning Room location chosen for this photograph. The painting of George V, the young princesses Elizabeth and Margaret; the ghost of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother hovering in the background all make for a very profound portrait; well done!:britflag:

Loved the official photos. They must have had great fun sifting through them, and a great laugh picking the main one of Kate, Will and George. Talk about character !! His arms in the air, a la Leonardo di Caprio in Titanic.... saying... I'm KING of the World ! which he kind of is, really ! LOL

I think it is more likely George is saying:
"Apple juice!!!" or
"It's milk time!!!!" or
"Great-granny jumped out of a helicopter? Cool!!!"

I have been waiting patiently for the four generation photo since I heard Kate was pregnant! Now that's a sight!

But I must say, for me the DoE stole the show. Look at how proudly he stands and what fine form he is in! God bless him!

Back
Top Bottom