Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they go with Phillip. It would be such a nice tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh and a major way to honor his service to the monarchy

I would love to have them name him
Prince Alexander of Cambridge

I have a strong feeling Henry will feature as one of the child's 4 names

Prince Philip Charles Michael George

Throw George in there, so if he wants, he can choose to rule as King George VII (or eighth if Charles proves rumors true and he rules as George VII).

I still say the Queen should have thought ahead and not allowed the Wessexes to use James!
They could have given their son any name since he won't inherit.

Why would she have stopped her son and daughter in law from using a name they wanted on the off chance that her then unmarried grandson might also have a son and want to use the name of James??? Seems a bit far fetched. Besides there is nothing to prevent William from naming his new son James. I don't think people would have trouble telling the difference between HRH Prince James of Cambridge and James Mountbatten Windsor, Viscount Severn. One will be famous all his life and the other today is hardly known outside of his own family and sites like this one.
Of course we have no idea if William & Catherine even like the name of James or have even considered it for their son.

I'm rooting for Philip for a boy. It's a lovely name, and would suit the future King of England quite nicely.

Queen Mary certainly thought so when she married Phillip of Spain.

I wonder if the name John will be used as one of the Princes names?

Wasn't Diana's father called John?

Yes he was, that is a good name also. Ah let me correct myself according to wiki he was
Edward John "Johnnie" Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer,

Throw George in there, so if he wants, he can choose to rule as King George VII (or eighth if Charles proves rumors true and he rules as George VII).

We must think the same Countessmeout.

As I said before the birth: Prince Philip Charles Michael Henry. At least Prince Philip will be in the name because he was always there for Duke William. Prince Philip is the power behind the Windsor family. He especially took over when Diana, Princess of Wales died. Duke William and Prince Philip just got together a week ago. William is very close to his grandparents. And I think he might want to honor his grandfather because of his failing health.

Why would she have stopped her son and daughter in law from using a name they wanted on the off chance that her then unmarried grandson might also have a son and want to use the name of James??? Seems a bit far fetched.

It's not truly an off-chance; it's a monarch's name so it (and the other monarch names not in use) should be kept for the heir to the throne.

Edward and Sophie had the choice of thousands of names, while William and Kate are confined to only a few.

( I seem to recall hearing that Andrew was not allowed to name his daughter Victoria because Charles wanted it for his own daughter).

I'm on this too ...

Who ever made it, doesn't know game of thrones well. They said it was sponsored by the North, home to the Starks and other non-Lannister supporters. Name the baby Eddard would be more fitting from the north.

Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worse names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.

Ok to be serious. George Philip Francis John

A monarch's name that has not been used for an heir to the throne, since James II. Well his son, James, the Old pretender, the father of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Just because Edward is further from the throne, doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to pick a family name. He is a royal, and therefore family names are also royal names.

It is rumored Elizabeth/Victoria are earmarked for children of the heir.

Last edited:
Never knew that, but isn't one of York's girls middle name Victoria.

Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worst names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.

I read the books, so in my mind Joffrey is a thing of the past, dead a few books back.

North never bow to the Lannisters. Some of the pretenders do for some power, but Robert, Eddard and the true Starks will always be Kings in the North. Hence the war of the thrones, Joffrey may be in power, but 'The North' would never run a petition for Joffrey, unless someone like Ramsay Bolton was spear heading it.

Geoffrey though is a good royal name though.

Never knew that, but isn't one of York's girls middle name Victoria.

Eugenie Victoria Helena- Helena for a daughter of Vic, Bea is named for another daughter, and has Elizabeth Mary for queen, queen mum, and great-great grandmum.

Middle names are totally different. Often see names repeated. Andrew has Edward as a middle name.

I saw this on facebook.
Name the Royal Baby "Joffrey" - The Petition Site

: p *runs for cover*

I did not have anything to do with this.

Oh, heavens no! That name is not bad, but the character who wears it is/was. Wowzahs, but I do love when people try to give suggestions that are outside the box.

Who ever made it, doesn't know game of thrones well. They said it was sponsored by the North, home to the Starks and other non-Lannister supporters. Name the baby Eddard would be more fitting from the north.

I'm finding this amusing. Thankfully, no one suggested 'Jamie' or Tyrion' as of yet.

Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worse names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.

Ok to be serious. George Philip Francis John

I like your suggestion, but I'd switch the first two names (put 'Philip' as first, because there has been way too many 'Georges'). I think it would be interesting to see how a royal sees 'Game of Thrones', and since it was based on Wars of the Roses, it would be nice to know just how accurate the author has depicted this type of conflict in a fictional setting. I'm on book five, and am certainly enjoying every bit of the series.

A boy! I am so surprised- I was full sure it would be a girl!
My girl name guess was Victoria so in keeping with that theme I shall now choose Albert... :flowers:

HRH Prince Albert Phillip Michael Henry of Cambridge

Baby Bertie :D

I think Prince Edmund Richard Percival George of Cambridge would a very cunning name. Blackadder fans, do you agree?

This was meant to be after what DariaS wrote, I forget that sometimes alot of people tend to post while I am composing sometimes.

I just hope Charles doesn't follow the name route that his grandfathers have done. I still haven't gotten everyone's names right before and after they became King.

I do like the name for Phillip but everyone seems to turn down any name of someone still alive.

Last edited:
Phillip Henry Francis James is my guess. Just a hunch that the first-born male descendants of the DoE will have "Phillip" somewhere in their names. Yes, I'm counting Peter Phillips' surname. And everyone's covered: "Phillip" will honor Charles, "Henry"-Harry, "Francis"-Michael (and maybe Diana), and "James"-James Middleton.

How about Julius?

He was born in July. And it's so emperor like.

Most of the people with a problem with someone living with the name, is someone close in age. When you name a child for an older generation, like a great-grandfather, it is honoring that person. And considering the support Philip has given William, especially since his mother died, that would be a great honor. I still remember Philip walking with the boys during Diana's funeral. He didn't like Diana, thought she had tried to ruin their family, but he walked to support his grandsons on what was likely the hardest walk they will ever have to make in life.

Choosing a name for someone of the same generation, isn't really an honor. It almost seems like stealing their name. I guess you could argue Kate was naming him for her brother, but I don't know if her and Jimmy boy are so close, she'd name a son for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom