Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'John' has been sworn off by the BRF. Those in the BRF with this name have met early demises. The last prince with the name in the BRF was HM's uncle, who I believe passed away at age 14. It has been said Diana wanted to name HRH the DoC John, but HM did not allow it.

I suspect that this tale has been exaggerated. If the Queen was as superstitious as this suggests, she would hardly have given her own son and heir the name of an executed monarch. Much more likely that Diana listened to talk of the name John being unlucky, and backed away from it herself.

Michaela is a beautiful name; it would the be to honor Catherine's father, Michael Francis Middleton. It would be definitely outside the box though. I believe the name 'John' has been sworn off by the BRF. Those in the BRF with this name have met early demises. The last prince with the name in the BRF was HM's uncle, who I believe passed away at age 14. It has been said Diana wanted to name HRH the DoC John, but HM did not allow it.

This is a royal baby, a feminization of a non-royal grandfather's name, for the future queen if a girl? No. They'd honor grandma if a girl, or Frances, to cover both Diana and Michael.

John at least is a royal name.

How about WILLIAM if their 2nd baby is a boy??

1st baby ---- a Girl; I suppose they will go with Elizabeth.

I don't think William would name the baby after himself. Although I do know a couple who had a boy and girl and each were named after their parents which I thought could be very confusing. LOL

In the past in the UK it was the norm to use the same names in every generation, but it's no longer fashionable. Up until the end of the 19th century the pool of forenames in use was very small compared with modern times.

For a boy:

Philip Charles Francis Henry

For a girl:

Alice Elizabeth Frances Mary

I hope the baby is born Friday. It will be the exact same day(a Friday) that my Grandmother passed on the 19th of July 1985. If it is a girl it should be Mary after my Grandmother and his Great Great Grandmother. I say Mary Elizabeth Alexandra Francis.

If this baby is truly late and continues to be unpredictable during her first few days then I'm thinking they might name her Princess Margaret :) . Princess Maggie would be really cute.

For a boy, what about the name of Kate's Grandfather who was also a RAF WW II Veteran? His name was Peter IIRC.

For a boy, what about the name of Kate's Grandfather who was also a RAF WW II Veteran? His name was Peter IIRC.
Perhaps as a middle name, though I think Michael far more likely. But for the first born and future king, Peter is too common. I know Will has a cousin Peter but he is a commoner, and named for his dad's friend. The name works for an untitled grandson who will never be king, but not an heir. The Middleton names,those with no royal pedigree, will IMO be buried in middle names, and more obscure ones like Peter, likely for a second child. I also don't see them using the name of one of William's cousins, at least as a first name.

Serbia might disagree also.

Last edited:
A lot of people think Carole may be used as a middle name.
To me it seems highly improbable.

They could use a variant like Charlotte.

Or just use Elizabeth to honour the queen/Carole Middleton and Kate

Brazilian, I thought of Narnia too! King Peter! "You will always be a king in Narnia."

Tiggersk8 said:

I like the name Peter, but I think it would be a middle name rather than a first name if it were to feature. George William Francis Peter sounds quite nice. :)

For a Princess, I think Victoria, Elizabeth, Mary and Alexandra are likely choices for a first name. I can see Diana, Caroline and Charlotte featuring as middle names. Or perhaps some of the Hanoverian names such as Sophia, Adelaide and Amelia. For a Prince, I think George is the most likely choice. Arthur could also be a possibility. I can see William, Henry, Philip, Michael, Francis (and possibly) Louis feature as middle names.

Last edited:
Richard, or George

non-first names: William, Charles, Michael, Philip

Amelia, or Charlotte

non-first names: Catherine, Carole/ine, Diana, Elizabeth...

I'd love to see Sophie as a godmother.

i can definitely see Harry and Pippa in the lineup.

I think if, as reported, W & C haven't decided on a name yet, then that would rule out Elizabeth as a first name. I would think they would already have made the decision to call the baby Elizabeth, and not still be mulling it over. That doesn't mean, of course, that they could still be planning on Elizabeth as a middle name.

I sincerely hope that they don't give the child Elizabeth as a first name. It would be too much of a burden to impose on her, in my opinion. Two long-reigning and significant queens named Elizabeth is enough, I think. There would be comparisons all her life. Give her a name of her own, to make her own. And I think it's time for a change from George, too.

I think if, as reported, W & C haven't decided on a name yet, then that would rule out Elizabeth as a first name. I would think they would already have made the decision to call the baby Elizabeth, and not still be mulling it over. That doesn't mean, of course, that they could still be planning on Elizabeth as a middle name.

"as reported" :rolleyes:
I doubt they'd divulge anything to anyone who was likely to go blabbing to the media.

Very likely, as with many expectant parents, they have names lined up but are waiting until they meet their son or daughter before making a final decision.

I'm predicting July 22nd for the birth of HRH Prince Arthur William Charles Phillip or HRH Princess Mary Alexandra Rose.

Think it will be a Princess.

Last edited:
I think at least one Middleton name will sneak in, and a little girl likely will have 4 names as well.

since we are still saying what names we fancy, again I would like to see Catherine's grandfather honored (and a living member of the RF, Peter Phillips, who can be a godfather). Then three other godfathers who could be there at the christening: Alexander,
(heir of the Gloucsters), Prince Edward of Wessex, and for the fourth either David (with Margaret's son present) or George (heir of the Kents) or Prince Henry. The Middletons would be honored by the name of Kate's grandfather Peter, who served in the RAF with Prince Phillip, if I remember correctly.
I saw on TV that the bettors are placing James as first in the list. We have thought they would not have another James so close in age, with Edward and Sophie's James but it could be. The top name for a girl is still Alexandra. I am betting Alice or Mary.

Peter and Alexander Windsor are pretty slim chances for the first born as godfathers IMO. I think if a boy, likely 3 godfathers and 2 godmothers, or other way for girl.

sure bets: Pippa and Harry
serious possibilities: Pavlos (Will godfather to his son), Hugh (Will godfather to his daughter and she was in wedding), Sophie (if they decide to go for an older generation as some speculated), Bea or Eugenie if not Sophie

See if a boy maybe Harry, Hugh, Pavlos, Pippa and Bea
if a girl Harry, Hugh, Pippa, Bea and Sophie/Marie-Chantal/Rose or Tamara Van Cutsem

Perhaps they'd go the root of the Dutch, and include the name of one godparent

Prince Arthur Michael Charles Henry- Henry for godfather Harry

Princess Alexandra Francis Elizabeth Charlotte-Charlotte for Pippa's middle name

I sincerely hope that they don't give the child Elizabeth as a first name. It would be too much of a burden to impose on her, in my opinion. Two long-reigning and significant queens named Elizabeth is enough, I think. There would be comparisons all her life. Give her a name of her own, to make her own. And I think it's time for a change from George, too.

Well said Well said!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom