Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my favorite royal names for a boy or girl. I don't think that they would name a girl Diana, but I'm sure that they would use that as one of the second names. I am really hoping for a little girl - but I am sure it will be what it will be!!

Girl:

Alexandra Diana Elizabeth
Alexandra Diana Catherine Elizabeth
Elizabeth Catherine Diana

Boy:

Arthur William Michael James
Arthur Charles Michael William
William Charles Michael Philip

These are my favorite royal names for a boy or girl. I don't think that they would name a girl Diana, but I'm sure that they would use that as one of the second names. I am really hoping for a little girl - but I am sure it will be what it will be!!

Girl:

Alexandra Diana Elizabeth
Alexandra Diana Catherine Elizabeth
Elizabeth Catherine Diana

Boy:

Arthur William Michael James
Arthur Charles Michael William
William Charles Michael Philip

Good Choices. I hope peoples ( Diana Super fans) are not Disappointed if William and Catherine do not name it Diana if it is a Girl. think it Going to be Elizabeth of Victoria for a Girl.

Good Choices. I hope peoples ( Diana Super fans) are not Disappointed if William and Catherine do not name it Diana if it is a Girl. think it Going to be Elizabeth of Victoria for a Girl.

And the monks with the dalia lama will survive too if this child is not named Diana or any name associated with her. TBH, at this stage of the game, I'm leaning towards seeing a totally unique name. One this future monarch can hold on his own.

And .. me says its a boy. Pliffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffts

And the monks with the dalia lama will survive too if this child is not named Diana or any name associated with her.

Wait, will they not survive if the child is named Diana or something associated with her?

I like the name Alexander too, and Alexander and Francis go well together IMO. How about Alexander Francis Philip Michael? For a girl, I'm hoping for a Princess Victoria. I still think George is a likely choice for a boy, but you never know. I like Alexander's female variant, Alexandra. Alexandra Elizabeth Catherine Mary sounds nice. I think that Sophia Charlotte Beatrice Elizabeth is also a nice combination for a Princess of Cambridge. :)

Names that I would like to see in Baby Cambridge's "name combination" are:

Girl

Victoria (as a first name)
Sophia
Amelia
Helena
Catherine
Elizabeth (as a first name)
Alexandra
Mary
Alice
Rose
Georgiana
Charlotte
Caroline
Diana
Alberta (female version of Albert)
Adelaide

Boy

George (as a first name)
Philip
Arthur (as a first name)
Michael
Charles
Albert
Alexander

Alberta is a nice touch to their Canadian tour two years ago, when they were at the Stampede/

Princess of Cambridge=Catherine Elizabeth Alexandra Francis
Prince of Cambridge=Arthur Phillip Charles Francis

I think a reminder of these days when this child is Monarch would be nice, so I honor it's great grandparents in both names and in a way that is not to explosive I honor Diana with Francis but with a nod to Michael as well.

I still say I like these names.

I second this names choice. Alexander was my other choice but apparently it is the name of Kates bf Trini Foyle's little boy. So i don't think they will choose it as a first name.

I have not shifted from my preferred name a couple of months ago - Charlotte Rose.
Additional names - Mary/Alice/Elizabeth/Alexandra

If I was going to have a girl, I would name her Charlotte Rose because I think it is a beautiful name.

Boy wise has always been more difficult. A combo of George/Arthur/Charles/Philip/William
is the most I can put forward

I hope it's a girl, here are my suggestions:

girl: Elizabeth Sophie Catherine Diana

boy: Philip Charles Michael William

ahah, it's true cepe. It's more dificult to imagine a name for a boy than for a girl

I have not shifted from my preferred name a couple of months ago - Charlotte Rose.
Additional names - Mary/Alice/Elizabeth/Alexandra

If I was going to have a girl, I would name her Charlotte Rose because I think it is a beautiful name.

Boy wise has always been more difficult. A combo of George/Arthur/Charles/Philip/William
is the most I can put forward
Charlotte Rose has also been my choice, I think it is unique enough and royal enough to suit a lot of people plus I just love the name, always have.
For a boy I do think we might see George, which is ok, I am getting used to it, its not a traditional name here in the US, but personally I don't like Arthur, I just have never liked it and was glad neither William or Harry were Albert or Arthur I would really like to see Phillip as a nod to the DoE, he has been such an asset to HM and I think William is close to him, plus with all his medical problems, I would like to see it while he is still around to enjoy it.

For a girl I like:
Charlotte Rose Alexandra Elizabeth
for a boy:
Phillip George Henry David

Wait, will they not survive if the child is named Diana or something associated with her?

Who can say, Ish?

But I have it on good authority that the sky will fall if it's born on Camilla's birthday, July 17th. O, how the gods toy with us! :eek:

Last edited:
I really hope it isn't born on the 17th. It can be born on the 16th though! That is my aunt's birthday, and she loves the royals and tells me I must update her the moment the baby is born!!!

Who can say, Ish?

But I have it on good authority that the sky will fall if it's born on Camilla's birthday, July 17th. O, how the gods toy with us! :eek:

I'll love to see the Baby born in the 17th, he or she will share the birthday with his/her grandma.

Alberta is a nice touch to their Canadian tour two years ago, when they were at the Stampede/

I hadn't thought about William and Catherine's tour to Canada when I was typing the name and I agree, it would be a nice touch to honour it by having Alberta as a middle name for Baby Cambridge. When I was typing it, I was thinking "a nice nod to George VI and the Prince Consort." I doubt they will choose the name, but it's just a thought. :flowers:

:ermm: A lot of people would NOT like that! :eek::whistling:

I know but that is what would be so funny, reading about how people were actually upset because of the date a child was born on. They would look so ridiculous because of it.

Well, I would be placated because that is my mom's birthday. lol!

:ermm: A lot of people would NOT like that! :eek::whistling:

I have a feeling majority of the world have no idea that the Duchess of Cornwall was born on this date, and therefore, would more than likely not give a hoot.

I have a feeling majority of the world have no idea that the Duchess of Cornwall was born on this date, and therefore, would more than likely not give a hoot.

You are right. a lot of people's probably don't know Camilla birthday and most likely do not care. Also the child can't choose his/her birthday . it will comes when it ready so even if it born on Camilla birthday it not the child fault and it can't help it. It does not Know Camilla it or the whole History or what Family it being born in.

But you know the media will mention it over and over again if it born on Camilla Birthday. But I don't think it will be born on Camilla birthday as I believe it will be born before July 10th.

I think her name will be Alexandra Caroline Harriet :)

Last edited:
I hope they go through every name and put King or Queen in front of it, and if it sounds stupid they forget it. And no Diana, please no.

Y'know, right now they could name Baby C any name under the sun and they'd not come close to what I think is the all time ridiculous name ever given to a child. Kayne West and Kim Kardashian have named their child North West.

What are these folks thinking anyways?? I really pity the child. :eek:

Charlotte Rose has also been my choice, I think it is unique enough and royal enough to suit a lot of people plus I just love the name, always have.
For a boy I do think we might see George, which is ok, I am getting used to it, its not a traditional name here in the US, but personally I don't like Arthur, I just have never liked it and was glad neither William or Harry were Albert or Arthur I would really like to see Phillip as a nod to the DoE, he has been such an asset to HM and I think William is close to him, plus with all his medical problems, I would like to see it while he is still around to enjoy it.

For a girl I like:
Charlotte Rose Alexandra Elizabeth
for a boy:
Phillip George Henry David

I like Charlotte Rose too- it's a very nice set of names and I particularly like the combination you thought of. :flowers:

For a girl, I also like Charlotte Rose Amelia Mary; it sounds pretty. Other boy's names that I've recently decided I like are Thomas, Frederick and Louis. If any of those names were chosen, IMO they would be middle names. Here are some more boy's name combinations I have thought of:

George William Thomas Louis
George Thomas Louis Charles
Arthur William Frederick Louis

Last edited:
Y'know, right now they could name Baby C any name under the sun and they'd not come close to what I think is the all time ridiculous name ever given to a child. Kayne West and Kim Kardashian have named their child North West.

I have a feeling Will and Kate will pick something that a lot better and well-suited for their child. 'North West' is :eek: indeed. Maybe the euphoria of birth and becoming parents had a role to play in this decision.

Well to be honest I have come across people with worse names than North West, although it is pretty bad:
Mia Hoare (later married a Mr Outhouse)
Merry Christmas
Rusty Pipes (he was even a ginger, fortunately he was not also a plumber)

Oh and I just hired a young girl whose first name is Cinderella, although she goes by Cindy.

Parents need to think more before naming their children because life has enough challenges without having to be Mia Hoare etc.

Last edited:
Well to be honest I have come across people with worse names than North West, although it is pretty bad:
Mia Hoare (late married a Mr Outhouse)
Merry Christmas
Rusty Pipes (he was even a ginger, fortunately he was not also a plumber)

The 6 worst names in history:

6. Dick Trickle (NASCAR driver; had a hole screwed into his helmet so he could smoke in the middle of races)

5. Ima Hogg (daughter of former Texas Governor "Big Jim" Hogg)

4. Harry Baals (former mayor of Fort Wayne, Indiana)

3. Shanda Lear (daughter of the man who founded the Lear Jet corporation, she grew up to become a lead singer in swing bands)

2. Hymen Lipman (first person to attach an eraser to a pencil)

1. Chris P. Bacon (composer who writes music for movies)

Here's where I got the above names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8c9mRklqQM

Also watch this video about a woman named Gussie Manlove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-cdcb5gYt0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom