Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like your choices above, minus George. i dont know, but i dislike so much the name George and unfortunately is among one of the names that are likely to be used if the baby is a boy.

if its a girl, then a have no complain, i like all the names of the previous female monarchs (excluding Jane, even thought it doesnt sound regal, the person and the reign itself was a controversial one, so it will not be used), my favourites will always be Mary and Victoria, because Elizabeth and Anne are already in use.

Girl

HRH Princess Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole of Cambridge.

Boy

HRH Prince George Michael Philip Arthur of Cambridge.

Now I think a better boy name:

Michael Philip Charles William!

This is lovely boy name. homage to before all men's, little boy's father - grandfathers and a great-grandfather. I imagine dark haired little boy, but his face Prince William-look. His smouth too!

:)

Last edited:
I'm really banking on Charlotte for a girl, as it honors both Prince Charles and the deceased Princess Charlotte of Wales who almost became queen. I'd go with Edward for a boy, since it's a family name among the Windsors and would also be a nod to William's uncle, the Earl of Wessex.

Girl:
Charlotte Frances Elizabeth Mary

Boy:
Edward Arthur Philip James

I think it's a girl - Alice Elizabeth Catherine Diana (or Frances) :)

Can't see the first two names in that order. Too much connection to a certain performer. Perhaps

George Phillip Arthur Michael Charles

Yeah, I completely forgot about George Michael.

Maybe Prince George Philip Arthur Michael of Cambridge. If it's a boy, I really believe he'll be the future King George VIII (as his grandfather will be George VII).

And the Royal Family has, currently, two Edwards, and I don't believe they are prepared for the prospect of another King Edward so soon.

But I'm betting in a girl for the Cambridges.

i like your choices above, minus George. i dont know, but i dislike so much the name George and unfortunately is among one of the names that are likely to be used if the baby is a boy.

if its a girl, then a have no complain, i like all the names of the previous female monarchs (excluding Jane, even thought it doesnt sound regal, the person and the reign itself was a controversial one, so it will not be used), my favourites will always be Mary and Victoria, because Elizabeth and Anne are already in use.

I like all your favorite names too; and I also like Jane, but not as much as I like Victoria, Alexandra, Charlotte or Louise. They are very pretty names IMO. I myself quite like the name George, and wouldn't mind if it were used. However I would probably prefer to see a little Prince Arthur. :)

I like all your favorite names too; and I also like Jane, but not as much as I like Victoria, Alexandra, Charlotte or Louise. They are very pretty names IMO. I myself quite like the name George, and wouldn't mind if it were used. However I would probably prefer to see a little Prince Arthur. :)

I always had a question about naming a future King of the United Kingdom Arthur.

And maybe this is an extraordinary silly question. But I have to ask:

He'll be just King Arthur or Arthur II?

There has never been a king Arthur who was king of the entire country.

King Arthur is generally thought to be a fictional character, however some historians believe that the tales of a warrior king might date back to ancient Britain, some say pre Roman.

Last edited:
There has never been a king Arthur

I'm talking about the King Arthur from the legends.

I know the Tudors claimed to be his descendents. Henry VIII's younger brother, the Prince of Wales, was named after King Arthur. He would not have been King Arthur II?

There has never been a king Arthur who was king of the entire country.

By the "entire country" you means the United Kingdom?

But there was never a Queen Elizabeth I reigning over the entire country, but we have a Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.

I know it's a terrible comparison: the legend of King Arthur and the Elizabethan Era.

Elizabeth I was a real person. there is no evidence that Arthur existed. He was first "heard" of in stories written by Geoffrey of Monmouth in the 12 th century. He does not exist in British history, he exists in English fiction.

Elizabeth I was a real person. there is no evidence that Arthur existed. He was first "heard" of in stories written by Geoffrey of Monmouth in the 12 th century. He does not exist in British history, he exists in English fiction.

I get it.

Thanks a lot! I had this question about the name Arthur for years.

But I don't think this will be baby Cambridge's first name.

Glad to help. I don't think so either, I think it's George, Michael or Edward.

There has to have been a King Arthur Ist before there can be a King Arthur II. Mythological or fictional characters do not count. There has never been a reigning King Arthur in either England or Scotland so a future monarch by that name would be the first.

Glad to help. I don't think so either, I think it's George, Michael or Edward.

Fairly recently, I changed my mind. I was betting in Edward for a boy, but now I believe that a male baby Cambridge will be called George.

But I strongly believe the Duchess is expecting a little girl. I really wants to see a Queen Elizabeth III.

Yeah I have been having strong feelings its a girl. I don't know why but I just sense it. :flowers:

Yeah I have been having strong feelings its a girl. I don't know why but I just sense it. :flowers:

Exactly! Isn't simply "I want or I hope it's a girl." I'm feeling the Duchess is expecting a little girl. And is such a strong feeling.

But I hope they'll have a boy later, after all those succession issues are solved.

How about Wilhelmina? After her father???

It was a popular victorian name here as well - but, yes, I was smiling away as I typed it. :)

Now I think a better boy name:

Michael Philip Charles William!

This is lovely boy name. Homage to before all men's, little boy's father - grandfathers and a great-grandfather. I imagine dark haired little boy, but his face Prince William-look. His smouth too!

But I think it's baby girl. --> Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline/Mary

Last edited:
I believe the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will choose a very traditional British Royal name for their child.

And very probably a name that was used by a previous Monarch.

Too much Dutch for a British Queen, don't you think?

I think this is too much Dutch, I read II Elizabeth don't like Dutch traditions (for example abdiction), but she revere.

In British Royal Family just british names haven. (with the expection of Canadaian women etc.)

Not a dislike for every Dutch tradition. But Her Majesty will never appreciate the "A word".

But, of course, she respects Queen Beatrix's decision.

My aunt's name was Wilhelmina Lucile. She changed it when she was a girl during WWI and she heard about the Germans being the enemy. She was named after an aunt Wilhelmina who was born in England and came to the UW with her three brothers, including my grandfather. she decided to go by her middle name. Her sister was Margaret Ethelwyn, went by Ethelwyn.

Last edited:
Okay, my final guesses for first names are:
Alice or Charlotte for a girl.
Edward or George for a boy. (I'm leaning a little more towards George)
I'm not even going to speculate on middle names because they could be a little more quirky with those. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Diana will not be used. I think that William will leave that name for Harry.

Okay, my final guesses for first names are:
Alice or Charlotte for a girl.
Edward or George for a boy. (I'm leaning a little more towards George)
I'm not even going to speculate on middle names because they could be a little more quirky with those. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Diana will not be used. I think that William will leave that name for Harry.

I feel like George is the favorite for boy names just because of its commonness in recent history, lack of current royals named George, and its "safety." I feel like Elizabeth and Victoria are the girl favorites, but neither seems to be more of a frontrunner than the other. Again, both are "safe" choices.

It would be interesting to have three Prince Edwards at once though! LOL :p

I would personally love to see Charlotte if Elizabeth/Victoria/Anne/Mary aren't used. "Queen Charlotte" is "new" in the sense that it's never been used for a monarch before, yet a nod to the Queen Charlotte (Charlotte of Wales) that never was...

Name a girl Queenie. Or better yet, Regina.

Hey, there's at least one princess in the Middle East named Sara/Sarah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom