Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice and Anne will be great role-models for the baby.Itwill be nice to have one of them.But I know the chances are pretty slim..

Okay, so Hello said that the Queen has to consent to the name that William and Catherine choose. So who consented to Edward's name since she was the Queen by that point? Just asking.

^^^
Presumably HM is able to give consent to the name of her own children.

lol, then phillip. what? buck house has got to have all those royal ghosts discussing the living :)

I would prefer that a girl not be named Diana because of the comparisons but, on the other hand, why not? There are going to be comparisons no matter what. William loved his mother and has made it clear that he wants to honor her memory as much as possible (i.e., the engagement ring). It also may help the royal family move on. Eventually, people will eventually hear "Princess Diana" and think first of William's daughter rather than his mother.

If it is a boy, they may name the child Philip or Michael, but probably not Charles, as there will be two Prince Charles for at least a decade.

Final Guess
Girl- Victoria Diana Elizabeth Alexandra
Boy- James Phillip Edward George

It won't be James...James viscount Severn is Williams cousin, Prince Edwards son and only 5 years older.

Eventually, people will eventually hear "Princess Diana" and think first of William's daughter rather than his mother.
Good theory, but I am sure the princess will be named after some member of Royal Family. Maybe they call Diana their next baby if it happens to be a girl.

Last edited:
I hope they announce the name quicker than with William or Charles.
Harry's name was announced when Diana left the hospital, let's go with that scenario!

Last edited:
I would think if the Duke and Duchess used the name Louis, it would be in honor of Lord Mountbatten, as I believe that's why it was used in William's name.

Charles chose Louis for Prince William because of the bond he shared with Lord Mountbatten. William would rather honour people he is close to, than somebody he never met.

Earl Spencer has a son called Louis so I think it unlikely for a first name but may be one of the middles.

I hope they surprise us with this little guy, but I am not expecting it. I just hope he isn't Arthur or Albert, other than that, I'm ok with George.
I still like Philip or Michael

I hope they surprise us with this little guy, but I am not expecting it. I just hope he isn't Arthur or Albert, other than that, I'm ok with George.
I still like Philip or Michael

A surprise would be fantastic. George is the Earl of St Andrews' name & I wonder if they really will go with a name already used. Arthur is the name of one of Lady Sarah Chatto's sons. Albert as well is being used by Lord Nicholas Windsor.

HRH Prince George Philip Michael Charles of Cambridge

A surprise would be fantastic. George is the Earl of St Andrews' name & I wonder if they really will go with a name already used. Arthur is the name of one of Lady Sarah Chatto's sons. Albert as well is being used by Lord Nicholas Windsor.

There aren't too many male names options for them.
Considering they would go with a 'royal' name I doubt there are too many names not i. Use.

Besides these relatives are distant cousins - the earl is St. Andrews is a second cousin once removed, so are Lady Sarah's children.

I doubt they'd use names use by the queens descendants as the first name though

Baby Prince
I think for names:

Alexander, George, Edward, Charles, Michael, Arthur

How about

Philip Andrew Michael George - honouring the DoE, St. Andrew the patron saint of Scotland, where they met, Kate's father and Patron saint of England and also the queens father and grandfather

Richard Francis Henry David
David Charles Louis Edward
Albert Francis Philip George
Charles Henry Michael James
Arthur Philip James Patrick

I still say the Queen should have thought ahead and not allowed the Wessexes to use James!
They could have given their son any name since he won't inherit.

I still say the Queen should have thought ahead and not allowed the Wessexes to use James!
They could have given their son any name since he won't inherit.

The Wessex's probably liked the name.
It's not fair to unable to give your child a name you like because another senior member of he family MAY want to use it for his son.

Besides not inheriting doesn't make Viscount Severn any less royal.

People would've cringed had he been called Romeo or Brooklyn.

Refusing to let her son use a name because there is a mediocre chance her grandson may want to use the name for a future son?

I highly doubt that they'd have used James anyways. I don't see them using the name of one of their brothers, for a first name, either Henry or James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom