Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so great if they used Philippa somewhere in the name if it's a girl. I'm sure it would mean a lot to Philip, and it would also honor Pippa, so I think it would be ideal to use.
Matilda Elizabeth Philippa Frances would be a nice name.

If their first child is a daughter and she will one day become queen why not the names of the last four reigning queens:

Mary
Anne
Victoria
Elizabeth

That makes sense to me, it would honor all the reigning Queens of the past (and present), but it actually sounds regal and beautiful all of the names together, in any order!

Unless someone dies before the baby is born, I don't believe Will and Kate will use Elizabeth, Phillip, Charles or Diana as a first name. Middle name yes, first name no. I will put my bet on a name that hasn't been used in a while. Like Georgiana/George, Victoria, Richard, Arthur, Elaenor, Mathilda, Charlotte.

I hope they don't use Matilda as a first name. It reminds me of a rather elderly lady, and to me, it just sounds ugly. The other names you suggested are quite nice and original.

If their first child is a daughter and she will one day become queen why not the names of the last four reigning queens:

Mary
Anne
Victoria
Elizabeth

Princess Elizabeth Mary Victoria Anne of Cambridge. Wonderful name!

Honoring all the the six Queens of undisputed reigns.

But I'm still betting on Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole.

Last edited:
Princess Elizabeth Mary Victoria Anne of Cambridge. Wonderful name!

Honoring all the the six Queen of undisputed reigns.

But I'm still betting on Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole.

I'd go with Anne Victoria Elizabeth Mary, with Anne Victoria as her everyday name.

I like Alexander as a first name for a boy. It's, well, great!

I'd go with Anne Victoria Elizabeth Mary, with Anne Victoria as her everyday name.

I like Alexander as a first name for a boy. It's, well, great!

For a boy, I'm betting on George Arthur Philip Michael.

As I said before, the Cambridges will not surprise us, they'll stick with a very traditional name.

The met in Scotland, so why not the names of Scottish Kings/Queen or places in Scotland. The child was probably conceived in Wales so how about some Welsh names? Anyone with some Scottish & Welsh combos.

I do like
Robert Bruce

David! I don't think they are gonna go for something like Llewellyn. :)

LaRae

They will steer clear of David. That was the Duke of Windsor's name.

They will steer clear of David. That was the Duke of Windsor's name.

Henry is Charles Albert David, I doubt if they were that fussy about the name Charles wouldn't have used it.

I don't understand why people classify David as something the definitely wont name the baby. Obviously there was the Duke of Windsor, but HM reportedly was very fond of her uncle; then it's one of Harry's names; and finally it's the first name of Viscount Linley. If it ever was a name frowned upon, I wouldn't say it is anymore.

Last edited:
Actually the Duke of Windsor was named

Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David

and known as David

I like the name David, I don't understand why some posters say William&Catherine wouldn't name their baby David, the name has some bad luck like John? Because the name is not hideous but beautiful and has been in use sometimes in the royal family.

What about Richard?
George Richard William Charles
Richard George Charles Arthur

It sounds noble.

What about Richard?
George Richard William Charles
Richard George Charles Arthur

It sounds noble.

I like the idea of Richard as a first name just because it's one that hasn't been used in the immediate family, or overused recently.

Richard has been suggested before, I personally like it but it was discounted by many for the nickname of "Dick".

Richard has been suggested before, I personally like it but it was discounted by many for the nickname of "Dick".

Hahahahaha I think we should all stop discounting names. I highly doubt the royal family or specifically Kate and William have any problems with specific names unless they just don't like them personally or for some other more personal reason like my mother would have named me Andrea except there was a girl in high school she disliked who was snobby and a bully. Something along those lines not the off-the-wall or superstitious stuff we keep coming up with.

And I highly doubt they care about some scandalous royal from a generation long before them whom they've never known. If parents worry about a bad association for names for their children, we'd all be hard pressed to find suitable names for ourselves.

Or we'd all be called 'No-Name'... Lol

I don't say that David is "frowned on", but the RF does seem to be somewhat superstitious about names. I just can't see them using it as a first name for a direct heir. Still, you never know. I suppose "Charles" might have been seen as a brave choice!

In that case, I'm surprised William was chosen

Someone on twitter was teasing Richard Palmer about that one day, and I did think it was a bit unkind of his parents not to take his last name into account there :lol:

Dick is a rather old-fashioned nickname, I associate it with old men. All the younger Richards I know of are either just called Richard, or else one of the R diminutives such as Rick, Ricky, Richie etc.

Oh my! What a horrible thought. I doubt people would call him Dick though. Richard is a wonderful name but good heavens, no nicknames. Poor Mr. Palmer.

cepe said:
Actually the Duke of Windsor was named

Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David

and known as David

All four patron saints of the British Isles are in there; as well as all four of Prince Andrew, Duke of York's names.

Last edited:
Oh my! What a horrible thought. I doubt people would call him Dick though. Richard is a wonderful name but good heavens, no nicknames. Poor Mr. Palmer.

When it comes to Dicks, you have a lot of unfortunate name choices; like Dick Swett, the former congressman; or Dick Butkus; but the best at being worst is Dick Trickle, who was a NASCAR driver. He was the only NASCAR driver in history to have a hole screwed into his helmet so he could smoke in the middle of races!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom