Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana is a Spanish name, so I doubt very seriously they'd go with that.

Anna Elizabeth Mary is a very pretty name.

Anna is an interesting Biblical name. The aged Prophetess Anna met Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in the Temple when the parents came to dedicate their baby. Anna had served in the Temple for most of her life after becoming a young widow. There is no statement of what she did in the Temple. Swept up the floor? Prayed? Both? In any case, there she was, with all the guys who were doing the "important" jobs.

Thanks for your input,Mariel! Anna is definitely a very nice and special name,though in English I prefer the version "Anne" as it sounds better in my ear.In German Annemarie is very pretty for a girl.
My parents also searched through names with biblical meanings/significance and I almost became Anna but then they decided differently :)

Victoria Diana Charlotte Phillipa

blauerengel said:
Thanks for your input,Mariel! Anna is definitely a very nice and special name,though in English I prefer the version "Anne" as it sounds better in my ear.In German Annemarie is very pretty for a girl.
My parents also searched through names with biblical meanings/significance and I almost became Anna but then they decided differently :)

I always thought of Anne as French. We have a little 6-pound tuxedo cat that comes by our house named Anna; my nickname for her is "Princess Anna" since her personality is a lot like her royal namesake (she once stood up to a male black cat twice her size who's quite aggressive; I immediately thought of the Princess's 1974 kidnapping attempt, and the time when she told the press to "naff off.") My mom's like "You don't mess with Anna!"

Last edited:
Anna is a lovely name but I am not sure it would be chosen for the future Monarch as it's not "steeped in Royal history". I would imagine William and Catherine will be spending many evenings debating the names they want as they know how much will be held to the name, as well as making sure the Queen approves the name choice. That is why I see Elizabeth being chosen and/or Philip. Though the Queen approved "Theo" for Viscount Severn's middle names so anything goes! No, really, we know that was only accepted as he is so far down the succession line, but I still think the Queen will be a bit more "lax" with this child's name as she knows we're in the 21st Century. Not everyone can be called George, Edward, Elizabeth or Alexandrina!

While I think Diana will not be choosen as first name, I do believe it will be there somewhere, or Francis instead of Diana.

Even though I'm in the Mary/Victoria club, I surprisinly like Georgianna a lot (though I hate George). I'm a fan of traditional yet beautiful names but sometimes I'm positivily surprised with the choice of diferent and uncommon names as the child will have a unique and only name to himself/herself, like with Estelle!

I like Georgiana too, I think it sounds very regal. If they were to choose Georgiana, then perhaps this would be a nice combination: Georgiana Elizabeth Caroline Mary?

For boy, I love Arthur and Richard, they are not used in a very long time and are unique yet traditional. Yes I know Arthur is a legend hero not real, but I remenber Charles wanted to give his first son Arthur but Diana won with William.

Anyone here can be kind to post the special dates in July? Like birthdays and other memorable celebrations? I want to have an idea for possible matching dates.

Arthur and Richard are nice names for boys, IMO. I also never knew that about Charles wanting to name William Arthur. Regarding the special dates in July, I can only think of these two birthdays: Diana's birthday (1st July) and Prince Michael of Kent's birthday (4th July). :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Don't forget Camilla! (July 17)!

Now that would be something! :p

Has anyone raised the possibility, that if it's a boy, it can still be named after Diana by calling him "Francis?"

Francis Charles Phillip Michael

:previous: Don't forget Camilla! (July 17)!

Now that would be something! :p

Has anyone raised the possibility, that if it's a boy, it can still be named after Diana by calling him "Francis?"

Francis Charles Phillip Michael

Francis is a too French name for a British King.

Phillip Charles Francis Michael

Of course, naming the baby Philip will be a wonderful tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh. But, again, sounds too French and Spanish.

We can stick with the good and old George for this baby.

Of course, naming the baby Philip will be a wonderful tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh. But, again, sounds too French and Spanish.

We can stick with the good and old George for this baby.

Not these days. I dont think anyone in the UK would blink at Philip and the possibility of King Philip in years to come. Sounds good to me.

Very few people know history these days.

Not these days. I dont think anyone in the UK would blink at Philip and the possibility of King Philip in years to come. Sounds good to me.

I've always felt if a boy,that Philip is a VERY strong option. What better way to honor a man who has been sp close to William. HM would be thrilled

David Phillip Francis Charles

Which is a very sad thing.

But I'm a traditionalist, and I hope this baby, be it boy or girl, will have a very traditional name. I'm still recovering after Estelle and Athena.

Which is a very sad thing.

But I'm a traditionalist, and I hope this baby, be it boy or girl, will have a very traditional name. I'm still recovering after Estelle and Athena.

I don't think you have much to worry about here, although if the name is outlandish, the internet commentary is much more fun.

Yeah, now I remember that "Albert" (a German name) entered in the British Royal Family with Queen Victoria's beloved consort. The same can goes for "Philip".

Charlotte Elizabeth Francis Katherine.

Well, but those names have history within the British Monarchy.

There wasn't any Francis. And Philip, of course, will be a reminder of Philip II of Spain.

There wasn't any Francis. And Philip, of course, will be a reminder of Philip II of Spain.

Sadly, as Cepe points out, I doubt most people will be reminded of Phillip II.

In fact, sadly, most people will assume that the child is named after Pippa, forgetting the D of E.

He was never King of England so there is no "history" in that sense. But if you like a name, why avoid it after 450 years (ish)

He was never King of England so there is no "history" in that sense. But if you like a name, why avoid it after 450 years (ish)

Well, according to Wikipedia, he was King of jure uxoris.

Not in our history.

But I think it is probably a George, or a James.

Im still voting for a Charlotte Rose. That is for both William's father and (in a way as England's Rose) his mother as well, although that isnt why I chose it. I just like it. And I hope that's what W&C do too.

James is good. Little Lord James Wessex would never be called "Prince" so there could be no confusion. Michael and Charles could be middle names to honor the granddads. James Michael Charles Phillip. Prince Jamie.
If not that, Charles Michael Francis Phillip. Prince Charlie.

Or Alice, if need be. Alice Elizabeth Carole Diane.

I hope the Wessexes are godparents. They will have an influence anyway, as the families are friendly.

Last edited:
:previous:
There's also Catherine's brother. James would be such a lovely name for a future King, but I doubt they're gonna use it as a first name. It would be a great secondary name though.

Another name for a girl that would be definitely seen as a good regnal name would be Alberta. Personally I really don't care for the name and when one thinks about it, it could also be a nice salute to Canada. Maybe as a second name? Can't wait to find out what they actually do name the baby. :)

For boy, I love Arthur and Richard, they are not used in a very long time and are unique yet traditional. Yes I know Arthur is a legend hero not real, but I remenber Charles wanted to give his first son Arthur but Diana won with William.

It might be the other way around on that.

William was named after Prince William of Gloucester, son of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester and a cousin Charles greatly admired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom