Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henery, no less.

Perhaps we should call "Harry" an alias or a moniker.

If he was going to go by another name I would love for it got be Alexander. As for George I do not see them calling Georgie at all.

I guess there's still some time left for a final shot:

George Arthur Michael Henry

I got the 1/3 of the name right! :D
I really loved the baby's full name, Louis not so much but since it's the 3rd name everything's fine. I'm glad they didn't name him Charles, a little Diana next and I'm all set. ;):)

:previous:

ithink that Tiggy and one of William's aunts are also possibilities.

I hadn't thought of Tiggy but she's a possibility. One of William's Aunt's? From which side, Cepe? I think probably more Sophie than Princess Anne on his dad's side.

I hadn't thought of Tiggy but she's a possibility. One of William's Aunt's? From which side, Cepe? I think probably more Sophie than Princess Anne on his dad's side.

It's possible that Jane or Sarah will be asked. That would be an appropriate and honest way to honor his mother.

In BBC show Helicopter Rescue, William is referred to by his RAF colleagues as Ft Lt Will Wales. William has called his wife both Kate and Catherine but he always uses her full name when giving a speech - it always Catherine and I etc. Harry is almost always Harry except on paper in the order of services etc and very formal events like during the olympic closing ceremony he was Prince Henry of Wales.

I don't think Tiggy makes the cut for George's godparents maybe future kids or Harry's kids. The big question is siblings as godparents? If you do Harry and Pippa do you have to do James as well - that 3 of 6 gone. I wish for friends and family further out from the immediate family

Sophie, Peter or Zara maybe

You dont have to have all of your siblings as godparents at the same time, so not James and Pippa.

My choice is

Sarah McC. williams aunt
Harry
Pippa
Van Straubennzee or a Van Cutsem
Trini Foyle, Catherines friend
Peter Philips.

Also, Jamie Lowther Pinkerton is a strong option as both William and Catherine are close to him.

Some of the hatred towards the Royal Family from the Diana Loyalist really disgustes me and it does more and more everyday. George and Alexander honors the Windsor Family side family. They can't Handle the fact that William is related to the Windsors and that he is close with both sides of the family (Although maybe closer to his father side now). Really it time for people's to get over it and move in! William loves both side of his family equally and is close to both. He does not feel the sane way and they always be his family whether they like it or not.

I don't even try to mess with them anymore.

Hi, I'm new here.

I have to admit that I was really disappointed in the fact that there was no mention of or acknowledgement of any other family other than the royal family, with regards to the royal baby's name. It's got nothing to do with Diana, it's just so, I don't know, Kimjongil-ish? The child isn't simply related to the royal family. He's a Middleton, a Goldsmith, a Spencer, a Fermoy and I'm sure a lot of other things.

None of those things influenced their decision? In the 21st century, that kind of slavishness is really annoying.:bang:

As for God parents, I'll go with:

Van S - he's a shoe-in
George Percy
probably one or two female friends (I don't know royal pal names)
Jamie Pinkerton
probably either a member of the Duke of Westminster's family, or some other equally wealthy friend
and possibly one of Kate's friends

I don't see Pippa. My guess is she won't be considered suitable for the reasons she was rejected as a potential lady-in-waiting.

Last edited:
If he was going to go by another name I would love for it got be Alexander. As for George I do not see them calling Georgie at all.

I hope you are right; I just can't stand when people put that ie on someone's name. It sounds so cutesey!

Someone mentioned that they might call him Alex for short, but why? George is a shorter name than Alex as it's only one syllable.

Hi, I'm new here.

I have to admit that I was really disappointed in the fact that there was no mention of or acknowledgement of any other family other than the royal family, with regards to the royal baby's name. It's got nothing to do with Diana, it's just so, I don't know, Kimjongil-ish? The child isn't simply related to the royal family. He's a Middleton, a Goldsmith, a Spencer, a Fermoy and I'm sure a lot of other things.

None of those things influenced their decision? In the 21st century, that kind of slavishness is really annoying.:bang:
Hi Wilbur. Welcome to the board.

As you pointed out, there are a lot of family members and only one baby, so we may all have to be patient.
It's clear the Middletons will be very involved with the baby, and the royal family will be as well. We'll have to see how involved the Spencers are. I hope one of Diana's sisters is a godparent. Choices like this can be a nightmare in a "normal" family," so the media glare just magnifies the pressure that William and Catherine are under.

Catherine and William didn't mention or acknowledge any family members (including the royal family) when the name was announced. They said that they choose names they like. Some people think the chosen names are a secret acknowledgement to Diana's family, but I take the couple at their word. I'm sure he has been thinking about his mother more than usual and he hasn't been reluctant to publicly acknowledge her in the past.

Thanks US Royal Watcher!

I guess it's just the press coverage that annoys me. Why the focus on only the royals? It just seems so medieval.

Thanks US Royal Watcher!

I guess it's just the press coverage that annoys me. Why the focus on only the royals? It just seems so medieval.
Because there would not have been any press coverage if it weren't for the royal family. Some folks tend to forget that outside of a few people, no one would have heard of Lady Diana Spencer, the Middletons, or Sarah Ferguson if it weren't for their association with the royal family.

Last edited:
The child isn't related only to the royals. True press coverage comes with marrying into this family, but that doesn't change the fact that the child is related to everyone else.

It's just silly to pretend otherwise.

...I don't see Pippa. My guess is she won't be considered suitable for the reasons she was rejected as a potential lady-in-waiting.

Welcome Wilbur!

In fact, the lady in waiting concept was rejected in its entirety. :lol:

The child isn't related only to the royals. True press coverage comes with marrying into this family, but that doesn't change the fact that the child is related to everyone else.

It's just silly to pretend otherwise.

I understand your point, but I don't think anyone pretended that the baby isn't related to other families. In fact, I think Diana was prominently featured in the news coverage and I remember seeing several articles about the Middletons.

I understand your point, but I don't think anyone pretended that the baby isn't related to other families. In fact, I think Diana was prominently featured in the news coverage and I remember seeing several articles about the Middletons.

Yes, I've been meaning to mention how delighted I am with the positive media coverage of the Middletons, especially Carole. Strange to me how the media chooses to build her up or tear her down, depending on the day. She deserves nothing but praise, IMO, as she has done nothing to warrant the bad and everything to deserve the good. I hope she and Mike are relishing their role as grandparents. :flowers:

The coverage in the US was pretty Diana heavy pulling out Lana Marks, Andrew Morton, Ken Wharfe and Patrick Jepson. You just need Paul Burrell or James Hewitt to crawl out of the woodwork.

My guesses for godparents heavily focus on the BRF and royal, but do have a mixture. No one in Diana's family is a godparent to William, so it is possible that no Spencer will be picked. I don't see William doing that to Kate, and I think she will be represented and be able to include her sister. I think Sophie is wonderful, but given the history of divorce in the BRF I don't think they will go with a spouse. I really think no friends because if William has one than Kate should have one. Too many friends. My guess is that they will go with

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Earl Spencer - if they go with Diana's family
Prince Pavlos of Greece
Queen Elizabeth II - I think he should have a reigning monarch

My guesses for godparents heavily focus on the BRF and royal, but do have a mixture. No one in Diana's family is a godparent to William, so it is possible that no Spencer will be picked. I don't see William doing that to Kate, and I think she will be represented and be able to include her sister. I think Sophie is wonderful, but given the history of divorce in the BRF I don't think they will go with a spouse. I really think no friends because if William has one than Kate should have one. Too many friends. My guess is that they will go with

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Prince Pavlos of Greece

If at all one of Diana's family is chosen, I highly doubt it will be the Earl Spencer.especially after his eulogy at Diana's funeral.

Her sisters or nieces/nephews would be a better idea, though I'm absolutely sure None of the Spencer family will be chosen.

Similarly I think of Kate's siblings this fine the honour will go to James Middleton since Pippa has already been chief bridesmaid to Kate.

They should include Earl Spencer. Baptism (christeniing) is a Christian ceremony with a "wiping out the past, starting fresh" purpose. The Earl said some cutting things at Diana's funeral. Time to forgive. Time to bring families together where that is possible. I didn't know more than half of my family because of "disagreements". I am really sorry that happened.

If at all one of Diana's family is chosen, I highly doubt it will be the Earl Spencer.especially after his eulogy at Diana's funeral.

Her sisters or nieces/nephews would be a better idea, though I'm absolutely sure None of the Spencer family will be chosen.

Similarly I think of Kate's siblings this fine the honour will go to James Middleton since Pippa has already been chief bridesmaid to Kate.

Another reason Why I don't like the Spencer's (especially Charles spencer ) I wouldn't have a problem if it was one of Diana sisters or William cousin on that side but I don't see earl being one.

I think it will be one from Catherine side and one on the Windsors side.

Last edited:
They should include Earl Spencer. Baptism (christeniing) is a Christian ceremony with a "wiping out the past, starting fresh" purpose. The Earl said some cutting things at Diana's funeral. Time to forgive. Time to bring families together where that is possible. I didn't know more than half of my family because of "disagreements". I am really sorry that happened.

Forgiveness is best for everyone and especially for William snd Harry. The Earl was in shock and pain and he was lashing out. I think it was a mistake. In a perfect world he would be forgiven and included, maybe not in this world.

IT wasn't just the eulogy, its the fact that he cashed in on the whole thing.

You make a good point about bringing the families together, but there is more to being a godparent than making a statement. I don't know, but it seems as though William is closer to Diana's sisters rather than her brother, and that should be the primary consideration.

It would be nice if one of Diana's relatives were included, but it should be someone who William and Catherine are comfortable with. After all, the godparent is supposed to help guide the child into adulthood. William and Catherine should choose people they know well.

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Prince Pavlos of Greece

I think it would be hilarious if Princess Anne were chosen after her comments to the media.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom