Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
BabyCambridge275x250.png

Welcome to the thread

Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

for the first-born child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Please note that all posts relating to the name and godparents of Baby Cambridge
should be posted in the 'Potential Names and Godparents' thread.

Enjoy, and thanks!

Warren, wbenson and Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof the RAF gets it done.

Congrats, Kate and Lt. Wales.

Yeah, the Prince of Wales is very into lavender. He has several lavender products at his store.

And he most likely knows all the benefits of this plant too. Its one of those plants that has many therapeutic qualities to it

Lavender and orange are the only aromatics I tolerate. I love some tea my son bought which is Earl Grey with added Lavender. Incredible. I can understand why the Prince of Wales is a lavender user.

TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will become parents for the first time this year.

Let's get this party started.

Last edited:
1 January 2013
Today on ITV1 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Royal Babies – Airing 1 January 2013
Nothing unites the nation in celebration like the birth of a royal baby, whose destiny is one day to be our King or Queen. Following the announcement that Kate and William are expecting their first child, this programme takes a look at royal pregnancies, births and babies. There is an insight into what lies ahead for the new prince or princess, and stories from those who were witness to previous births. There is also some rare footage of the young Princess Elizabeth, and of Prince William as a toddler playing with baby Harry. The child born to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be more historically significant than any born before. With the change to the 300-year-old succession laws, a first-born girl will become Queen, regardless of any male siblings she may have.

Older Documentary Royal Baby 2012
Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - YouTube

1 January 2013
Today on ITV1 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

Royal Babies – Airing 1 January 2013
Nothing unites the nation in celebration like the birth of a royal baby, whose destiny is one day to be our King or Queen. Following the announcement that Kate and William are expecting their first child, this programme takes a look at royal pregnancies, births and babies. There is an insight into what lies ahead for the new prince or princess, and stories from those who were witness to previous births. There is also some rare footage of the young Princess Elizabeth, and of Prince William as a toddler playing with baby Harry. The child born to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be more historically significant than any born before. With the change to the 300-year-old succession laws, a first-born girl will become Queen, regardless of any male siblings she may have.

Older Documentary Royal Baby 2012
Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - Wills and Kate: Baby Fever - YouTube

I've seen the documentary a couple of times on TV, and it was quite interesting.

I was lucky enough to not have morning sickness at all, but I know some who have been sick all day, every day, for the whole time. I hope Kate is not afflicted for much longer.

Reading this article from the Keloland link, I see I did not have sufficient medical help for my condition when I was pregnant many years ago. It is suggested IV fluids several times a week are needed...I only received them twice, in the hospital, and was not advised to come in for more, even though the condition persisted so that I was unable to do anything but sit all day, and my husband was angry at me and said it was all in my head. I could not take a multi-vitamin or any vitamin pill, as the article suggests. Kate is undoubtedly receiving better treatment than I had. At the time, I thought most women must suffer like this. The article says one in three hundred have it. I thought it was more or less routine. How ignorant we are. But I did pull out of it at three and a half months. My marriage was over, however, without sufficient advice or help. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed it was "all in my head." The doctor I saw after I moved to live with my parents said this HG is NEVER in the head. A bad bad time, painful to remember.

Last edited:
Reading this article from the Keloland link, I see I did not have sufficient medical help for my condition when I was pregnant many years ago. It is suggested IV fluids several times a week are needed...I only received them twice, in the hospital, and was not advised to come in for more, even though the condition persisted so that I was unable to do anything but sit all day, and my husband was angry at me and said it was all in my head. I could not take a multi-vitamin or any vitamin pill, as the article suggests. Kate is undoubtedly receiving better treatment than I had. At the time, I thought most women must suffer like this. The article says one in three hundred have it. I thought it was more or less routine. How ignorant we are. But I did pull out of it at three and a half months. My marriage was over, however, without sufficient advice or help. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed it was "all in my head." The doctor I saw after I moved to live with my parents said this HG is NEVER in the head. A bad bad time, painful to remember.

There were a lot of doctors back then that thought a lot of "wimmen folk" ailments were all in our heads. PMS had not be "invented" yet and for that monthly pain, I was put on good old heavy duty narcotics... Darvon. For morning sickness, I was prescribed Wellbutrin which now would be a big no-no for a pregnant woman. The doctors just didn't know enough back then. I also had problems with the hubby during this time.. he just didn't know or understand (or want to know) what pregnancy can do.

Although I really feel for Kate having to go through severe HG as she has been, I do think that her experiences are sending out a beacon of light to women all over the world that this is a very debilitating illness during pregnancy and strives to advise and inform. If one healthier baby is born into the world (and Kate's also) because of Kate's sickness, she will have accomplished what a 3000 page medical report cannot.

Osipi said:
Although I really feel for Kate having to go through severe HG as she has been, I do think that her experiences are sending out a beacon of light to women all over the world that this is a very debilitating illness during pregnancy and strives to advise and inform. If one healthier baby is born into the world (and Kate's also) because of Kate's sickness, she will have accomplished what a 3000 page medical report cannot.

Agreed. I normally don't compare them, but in this case I think it's true: Kate's doing for HG what Diana did for bulimia. Her experience has been terrible for her and I feel bad for her, but at the same time, I appreciate the awareness it's bringing to the condition.

Osipi and Hermione, I agree. Kate's experience is making this HG problem known.

I wonder if the palace will announce ,at some point, the month HRH is due to give birth?

I wonder if the palace will announce ,at some point, the month HRH is due to give birth?

My guess is that in due course a member of the press will ask Will or Kate, and they will tell them the ETA.

I think it's due around Diana's birthday. Wouldn't that be something?

I dont expect them to give a specific due date. I think something vague as "early summer" is all we will get. Can you imagine the entire country watching as a date passed?

Royal reporters were speculating on twitter today that as Prince Charles was now talking about the pregnancy, the Duchess is probably in her 2nd trimester.

I dont expect them to give a specific due date. I think something vague as "early summer" is all we will get. Can you imagine the entire country watching as a date passed?

Awwwww....come on it'd be fun to mess with the media.... :whistling: I think a majority of the people know that babies don't always come on time...

I do think so. If they say "early summer" it means she's due in late june/early july:flowers:

I'm not really expecting an actual date to to be announced but at least the month expected.

My guess-timate is that the baby is due in August. Here's my reasoning: Diana's pregnancy with William was announced the first week of November and he was born June 21. We know that the announcement of Catherine's pregnancy was brought forward by at least a month due to the HG, so they wouldn't otherwise have said anything until about now. November/June extrapolates to January/August. :)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Kate was around 7-8 weeks pregnant at the beginning of November (they just said she hadn't reached the 12 week stage yet). I think its a very good possibility that the Cambridge's first child could be born on Great Grandpa Philip's birthday. I think that would be so wonderful. To top it off, if a girl, it would be so fitting to name the princess Alice. What a wonderful salute to a very extraordinary man! :D

They just said she was less than 12 weeks Pregnant. Im guessing she around 3 months now. :flowers:

According to a new article in The Telegraph, Catherine and William will soon be announcing the month that the baby will be born.

The Duke and Duchess are expected shortly to announce the month in which their first child will be born.

They announced the Duchess’s pregnancy far earlier than the usual 12-week stage because of her hospital stay, and royal aides said an announcement of the baby’s due month would be made shortly after the Duchess’s 12-week scan.

Source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom