Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it would only make sense if the post-birth implosion of the Internet begins at TRF....

I reckon it was the overlload of star sign posts that dunnit. :D

That or the mass discussion on Catherine's names or Charles inheriting the Romanian throne...

If we were to do a Royal Baby Watch 2013 Drinking Game I think "Somehow a random ass conversation starts in the Baby Musings thread" would definitely have to be a "drink."

That or the mass discussion on Catherine's names or Charles inheriting the Romanian throne...

If we were to do a Royal Baby Watch 2013 Drinking Game I think "Somehow a random ass conversation starts in the Baby Musings thread" would definitely have to be a "drink."

This made me smile ;) cheers to baby C!

Anyone else look at that webcam ('fess up) and wondered just what the heck that dumb lighted mural of the same two women walking past each other on either side of the front of the Lindo Wing is? I think I'd go crazy looking at that for three weeks now.

so...do ya'll think they will go the same route of education they did for William, esp if it is a boy? all the male upper crust do the prep school thing of course but do ya'll think he will go as early as will did to boarding school?

Anyone else look at that webcam ('fess up) and wondered just what the heck that dumb lighted mural of the same two women walking past each other on either side of the front of the Lindo Wing is? I think I'd go crazy looking at that for three weeks now.

Okay, not to point out the obvious, but at what point in the last 3 weeks has anyone involved in Baby Watch been someone who can e considered sane, with or without the mural?

Okay, not to point out the obvious, but at what point in the last 3 weeks has anyone involved in Baby Watch been someone who can e considered sane, with or without the mural?

Did you hear of the Tweet that when white smoke comes out of the Lindo Wing chimney, there will be shouts of "Habemus Infantum!"

if a strange nanny shows up, will and kate buy the kid a rottweiler and the child gets hysterical every time he is near a church, don't say I did not warn you ;)

Last edited:
For some reason I have feeling it might be this evening... My reason: Murphy's Law.
If there are couple of big events, they are bound to coincide. Today we have the Installation in Belgium, the last etappe of 100th Tour de France and hopefully, this.

And possibly the last day of the 2nd Ashes test (England leads Australia by 566 runs with wickets in hand - for the non-cricket fans out there no team has ever scored over 418 runs in the 4th innings of a match to win and only 4 teams have ever scored over 400 to win - given the appalling performance of the Aussie batsmen so far in this series with about 46% of their runs in the 1st test coming from the last wicket partnerships and 128 all out in the first innings here it is possible that England will win this test today - or be so close). Given how rarely England actually wins Ashes tests at Lords this will be a big big win (they won there ONCE only in the 20th century and have already won there in the 21st)

So we have:

1. an abdication and installation of new monarch in Belgium

2. the end of the Tour de France with a Brit in the lead

3. the last day of the British Golf Open with a Brit in the lead

4. the 4th day of the 2nd Ashes test with England leading the series 1 - 0

5. potentially a royal birth.

I think the list above is the order in which we can be sure things will happen.

Last edited:
Being a hockey fan I have this inherent distrusting of any sport in which double-digit, let alone triple digit, scores can be achieved with regularity. Last time I watched a hockey game where double digits were achieved in the score it was because one team was really not as good as the other team....

But I will trust that scoring in the triple digits isn't all that uncommon in cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I will trust that scoring in the triple digits isn't all that uncommon in cricket.
Triple digits by the team is a norm - in fact a team not scoring 300+ in a 5 day test match in its first innings is usually in trouble.

Individuals can make triple figures with the highest individual test score being 400 by the West Indian Brian Lara - against England - and in another game at the level below interntationals he scored 501 in one innings.

Scoring in single figures is a failure for an individual batsmen.

Of course the games are very different - cricket test are 5 days with 6 hours a day and can end in a draw and be very exciting in the process but for the uninitiated it is hard to explain that.

I think you could say that of just about every sport. I think if you tried to explain the appeal of just about any sport to an uninitiated individual you'd end up with a lot of "are you serious?"

Conditions for the Issue of a Public Announcement in the Event of a Royal Birth Tonight

Any such public announcement:

1. must not coincide with the Stage start from the Palace of Versailles;
2. must not coincide with the sprinter's dash lapping the Champs-Élysées;
3. must not coincide with the Cav stage winner presentation;
4. must not coincide with the yellow jersey presentation.

5. In the unfortunate event that condition 3. becomes redundant, the Announcement may be issued immediately that redundancy becomes known,
with the proviso that the time of issue will comply with condition 4.

It must be any time now, the pregnancy was announced on December 3rd when she went into hospital that is 33 weeks ago. Pregnancy is 39-40 weeks so to be born now she would have only had to have been 6 weeks pregnant when she went to hospital.

I suppose the difference is that most people can understand the concept of a tie, or a win/lose but a game in which after 30 hours of play one side has scored say 600 runs and the other 450 runs ends with a 'no result' is hard as the number of runs scored isn't the only thing that matters.

I mightn't understand the intricacies of ice hockey or soccer or baseball but I do understant that the team with the most goals/runs wins but in cricket that isn't always the case. Cricket doesn't have the option, in test matches, of having games continue until their is a definite winner so there are four possible results: Team A wins, Team B wins, a tie (both teams have the same number of runs with the final team batting having no more wickets to fall) or a draw (the team batting last still has wickets standing when the time for the end of the game arrives).

Conditions for the Issue of a Public Announcement in the Event of a Royal Birth Tonight .
Are we going to get a similar set of instructions for the Installation of the Belgium King, the golf and the cricket or only the tour.

Surely no announcement can coincide with

1. Root's dismissal or double hundred
2. Cook's declaration
3. The dismissal of any Aussie batsmen or the scoring of runs by any Aussie batsmen
4. Any birdeys/bogeys/ etc by Westward
5. Presentation to Westward of the Claret Jug (or any other Brit) or any Aussie - but ok if the winner isn't from a realm of The Queen's
6. etc etc etc

I am sure we could make a fun list.

...the team with the most goals/runs wins but in cricket that isn't always the case...
I can understand how that would be very difficult to understand.

I'm the type of person where I get hockey and I can follow baseball or soccer and that's about it. A few friends and I are currently working our way through Friday Night Lights and pretty much every time the team is playing football we have to look to see how various characters are reacting in order to figure out whether or not something good or bad just happened.

Her holidays also include regular events, although not official ones, and that would mean letting down people who have been preparing for The Queen to be there for a year or so. She hates letting people down so I do think she will go. William and Kate have been asked to go to Balmoral for a week or so with the baby and that would be best all round I think.

Well the actual date can change during prgnancy. Perhaps it has been mid July as Kate stated. But now I think the actual date might be today or later. Because they left Bucklebury on friday to be nearer to hospital...

It could be or they were worried Lupo would get his head stuck in a fence again. LOL Love the smoke scenario. After visiting here I don't know how may times a day for 3 weeks I would be surprised if anyone around was still sane. LOL

Her holidays also include regular events, although not official ones, and that would mean letting down people who have been preparing for The Queen to be there for a year or so. She hates letting people down so I do think she will go. William and Kate have been asked to go to Balmoral for a week or so with the baby and that would be best all round I think.

Not necessarily best all round for a newborn or a woman who has just given birth, though. I can understand that a great-grandchild is not a huge priority for a person, but perhaps she will be able to delay for a day or so.

They wouldn't have to go immediately - sometime in the next two months though surely.

I wouldn't say that the baby isn't a priority for the Queen, huge or otherwise. What's more likely is that she's putting her personal preferences - seeing her new great-grandchild and eventual heir - beneath her duty - the engagements that she has in Scotland that would prevent her from being able to see said new great-grandchild.

I also wouldn't say that going to Scotland is necessarily a horrible thing for a newborn, even in a draughty old castle. I doubt they would go for a visit right away, but I could see them doing so, especially if HM's trip starts before the baby comes.

There's also the idea that HM could come down for a bit when she doesn't have engagements, which is even more of a possibility if you consider the fact that the DoE isn't joining her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom