Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
USWeekly is the lowest of the low tabloids and should be avoided at all costs. It makes The National Enquirer seem like National Geographic in comparison, seriously...the headlines and stories are stupid beyond belief!

Last edited by a moderator:
I...they view her more as a celebrity than anything - it's very common for female celebrities to continue working using their maiden name after marriage.
They obviously don't see her as a Royal then!

I wonder how much of it is based on where the papers are published. I.E. a British paper is more likely to use Duchess of Cambridge at least part of the time because they're more used to titles, while a US one is more likely to use just Kate Middleton because they aren't as versed in titles and view her more as a celebrity than anything - it's very common for female celebrities to continue working using their maiden name after marriage.

This is extremely important. The line between Royalty and celebrity has become so blurred, particularly here in the US, as to become almost nonexistent. This has been true for many years here, and perhaps it began with Diana.

William, Kate and Harry are all viewed by both press and public as much celebrities as they are Royal. There is none of the mystique-and with it the respect-that used to automatically be conferred on members of the BRF. The only exceptions are the Queen and the DoE.

Regarding not waking the Queen... if the Queen knows this baby is coming, she won't be getting any sleep as it is. Also, once people reach a certain age, most don't sleep 8 straight hours all night, their sleep patterns become a little more erratic.

I would say that the no announcement between 11 pm and 9 am or thereabouts is more for the well being of all of the other hospital patients who need some sleep - when the announcement is made, outside the hospital might sound like a sporting event.

I agree ...I think the timing of the announcement limited to 9am-11pm is to limit, curb the crowds and noise at 2am....go home, go to sleep...come back at the light of day. The queen very well may be wakened, but no announcement will be made publicly on the infamous easel at BP until a civilized time. BP knows what it is doing, the is not their first rodeo.

As I have said before the Royals are seen by most of the U.S media as 'Celebrity' of sort more then anything compared to the British Media obviously. And I don't know if had always been that way (meaning pre Diana) or if was not until Diana that it became that way and they became to be seen as more Like Celebrities by the media and Americans, the line between Hollywood and Royalty has been more blurred by U.S tabloids which bugs me. I ignore US Weekly at all cost! They are trash and a bunch of tosh and have no clue. They don't know anything And their headlines are false and lot of inaccuracies in their stories and headlines. They on the same level as the globe and the national enquirer in my opinion and should not be Believe. I learn that during the Whole Brad Pitt-Jennifer Aniston thing. On the Name thing, Only the Middleton things bugs me more then Kate really but she is not Kate Middleton and I wish the Media would stop referring to her as Kate Middleton which I know it had a lot more Familiarity then Duchess Cambridge or Catherine in the U.S but she is not Kate Middleton and again it the magazines that refer to her as that which I realize peoples will more likely click on a story then. The Morning Shows and Entertainment Shows are a lot better when it comes to the name thing. But after years of dating and being known as Kate Middleton could see where It could be hard to get use too but they have been married for. Two years now. And William did call Catherine 'Kate' during the engagement which is probably a nickname and it can be short for Catherine.

Maybe the discussions about Kate / Catherine's names might be better moved to a more relevant thread?

Is anyone else having problems getting to pg. 173? Every time I click on it, it sends me back to pg. 172.:sad:

Concerning Chales and Romania, Charles loves Romania, in his own words. I read an article (more than one) about his love for the architecture and people of Romania. He owned (or still owns) a small house there (it's really a modest home, one would not expect to find a prince there, from its outward looks), and is an expert on the unique architecture of Romania, which is truly unique, reflecting the many ethnic groups which lived there. I expect Crown Princess Margarita knows these things too. I wonder if the young heir Nicholas does? If not, Charles and Margarita should start educating him. the article I read also showed the warm affection between Charles and Margarita, who did grow up in England, didn't she?

Well, now there's only 172 pages, so I dunno what's going on. :ermm:
I was in the process of moving 20 posts to the 'names' thread when I lost access and couldn't get back in for 30 minutes or so. During that time both threads were caught in a sort of no man's land, but I'm back in and it's (largely) fixed now. :)

I was in the process of moving 20 posts to the 'names' thread when I lost access and couldn't get back in for 30 minutes or so. During that time both threads were caught in a sort of no man's land, but I'm back in and it's (largely) fixed now. :)

Thanks! That was really maddening to me, so I can't imagine what it was like for you.

The one magazine that wrecks my head, by constantly referring Catherine as Kate Middleton is UsWeekly. Never the Duchess Of Cambridge,and no matter how many times you correct them, they never change it!!

Are you seriously writing to UsWeekly multiple times to correct them?

Are you seriously writing to UsWeekly multiple times to correct them?

I've stopped now, i'd only comment in the comment box. But not any more cos it's not working!! They are never going to Call her The Duchess Of Cambridge!!!

I see readers correcting them online occasionally. But to be brutally honest, the type of people who read USWeekly on a regular basis generally do not know the difference between a princess and a Royal duchess.

And they don't care. The editors know this, so they won't change a thing.

While we're all musing, anyone else musing that Freddie and Sophie Windsor's baby arrives before baby Cambridge? That baby is due about August 8th or thereabouts.

Can just see the headlines now: NEW WINDSOR BABY IS HERE. :lol:

They are never going to Call her The Duchess Of Cambridge!!!
I wonder, when she is Queen, will they call her Queen Kate Middleton !!!!

Concerning Chales and Romania, Charles loves Romania, in his own words. I read an article (more than one) about his love for the architecture and people of Romania. He owned (or still owns) a small house there (it's really a modest home, one would not expect to find a prince there, from its outward looks), and is an expert on the unique architecture of Romania, which is truly unique, reflecting the many ethnic groups which lived there. I expect Crown Princess Margarita knows these things too. I wonder if the young heir Nicholas does? If not, Charles and Margarita should start educating him. the article I read also showed the warm affection between Charles and Margarita, who did grow up in England, didn't she?

Not only did Charles state numerous times his admiration for Romania, but he did more for the country - initiatives to protect the cultural heritage, agriculture etc. - than either Margarita, Prince Nicholas or King Michael of Romania. Margarita and Nicholas have been living in London and only last year did Prince Nicholas step in Romania for the first time ever. Besides, Prince Nicholas - now in his late 20s, I believe - does not speak one iota of Romanian!

If baby Cambridge is a Leo, he will not easily get along with his Cancer dad and Capricorn mom. It would, therefore, be better if he were born before the 23rd.

OMG!!! How much longer people! This waiting game is driving me absolutely mental. So now the due date is the 19th? I thought it was the 13th. That would mean she could have the baby between now and who knows when. Well, lets cross our fingers and toes that it is soon. And Camilla said she thought it would be by the end of the week. Well its the end of the week. :)

It might be the end of the week with you. But technically the end of the week is Tomorrow!!!

OMG!!! How much longer people! This waiting game is driving me absolutely mental. So now the due date is the 19th? I thought it was the 13th. That would mean she could have the baby between now and who knows when. Well, lets cross our fingers and toes that it is soon. And Camilla said she thought it would be by the end of the week. Well its the end of the week. :)

There has never been an official due date, just dates the press has made up.

Camilla said she hoped the baby would be here by the end of the week, not thought. There is a difference.

While we're all musing, anyone else musing that Freddie and Sophie Windsor's baby arrives before baby Cambridge? That baby is due about August 8th or thereabouts.
It won't come to that. Surely by this time next week the child will be born and safely at home with his/her parents, and this overblown circus will have come to an end. :cool:

...Prince Nicholas - now in his late 20s, I believe - does not speak one iota of Romanian!
Last time I checked... The Prince of Wales lacked skills in Romanian. So if this is the argument for Charles being the rightful heir/king of Romania, he has work to do... Lol

The last I checked Charles was the Heir to a certain throne in Great Britain and I think he rather have that one.

O.k., o.k., so its not the end of the week until tomorrow. I must have misunderstood the end of the week thing with the DoC. Well Im going to say she will have this baby on the 24th then. Dont know why. I am now going to stay away from here for at least an hour!

I'm a little lost here. Why is there so much discussion about Charles and Romania in this thread? I can't see where it started.

Gee, sorry. Perhaps some of you should in fact visit the thread less frequently. This is my first time in six months, I've been able to contain my interest.

I won't ask any more questions or post any more twitter feed though, so don't stay away on my account.

I'm a little lost here. Why is there so much discussion about Charles and Romania in this thread? I can't see where it started.

I have no idea how it started. All the sudden there was a post I think it started at post 3394

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom