Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Palace has said that they'll announce when she has gone into the hospital. So if she were there now, we would know. It's the actual birth announcement that what won't be made public until the Queen is notified.

If she goes into labor during the night while the Queen is sleeping, will they hold off on a public announcement until the morning (when the Queen can be informed)? If so, there could be not "in labor" announcement if she quickly goes into labor and gives birth - all while QEII sleeps...

That's assuming she went into the hospital! One should never assume. ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Do you mean if she were to give birth somewhere besides the hospital?

If she goes into labor during the night while the Queen is sleeping, will they hold off on a public announcement until the morning (when the Queen can be informed)? If so, there could be not "in labor" announcement if she quickly goes into labor and gives birth - all while QEII sleeps...

They'll announce that she has gone into labor even if the Queen is asleep. Now if she gives birth during this time, they'll hold off on that announcement until after the Queen is awake and has been told.

Last edited:
what if the queen gets up at night to use sit on the porcelane throne? do they wait till she is really up?

what if the queen gets up at night to use sit on the porcelane throne? do they wait till she is really up?

They won't make an announcement until 8AM. So HM could be informed during her mid-night, royal pee break, but we still won't be informed any sooner.

I'm not sure. :lol:

A few days ago, someone asked Richard Palmer when they would announce Kate's labor and this was his answer.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter: My understanding is they'll announce she's in labour within maybe half an hour of her arriving at hospital.

ETA: Thanks for the answer Ish.

BP has said that the birth will only be announced between 8:00 AM and 10:30 PM London time. That means that from 10:30 PM and 8 AM London time each night we can sleep, because we won't miss the big news.

When Queen Elizabeth was born in the middle of the night her Grandfather King George V was woken up at 4am to be told that the Duchess of York had given Birth.

Well in fairness, at 61 George V was slightly younger to be woken at 4am. Elizabeth may have been his third grandchild, but his first from the male line. Elizabeth and this baby are born in the same position though, as third in line.

When Queen Elizabeth was born in the middle of the night her Grandfather King George V was woken up at 4am to be told that the Duchess of York had given Birth.

They may be planning on waking the Queen anyways. Have we read an official report saying she won't be?

I think a part of the decision to only announce the birth during specific hours more has to do with the fact that it's during the day (which is more appropriate for the pageantry) as opposed to the night.

Good point I suppose it would be bad form to fire off a 41 gun salute (or whatever they do) or a full peal of bells @ 3 am.
I think California is about 9 hours behind London, so the announcement of the birth is likely to come while I'm asleep.
I guess the most recent flurry of 'she's in labor' reports were triggered by a move by the Cambridges from her parents place to KP.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may be planning on waking the Queen anyways. Have we read an official report saying she won't be?

I'm not sure if this is official, but The Telegraph says that the Queen won't be woken up. I don't know though. I would think she would want to know as soon as Kate gives birth.

No announcement of the birth will be made until after the Queen, other senior members of the Royal family, and the Middleton family have been informed.

If the Duchess gives birth in the middle of the night no announcement is likely to be made until the Queen has woken, as sources said they did not expect her to be woken up specially to be told the news.

Last edited:
Thanks! So it is 9 hours (and I think that's true year round).

I think the idea is that the Queen needs her rest, very important at any age, but especially for her, with all she does at her age. Prince Philip would naturally end up awakened too.

So, they'll tell the Queen at 7 a.m and us at 8 a.m.? A little less than 3 hours more. Very exciting.

Then, it will be awhile before the name is announced, right?

Just doing my usual update visit and booking out of here. No word yet? See you later, everyone; I need my beauty sleep! :p

People who are actually standing outside St. Mary's are tweeting that there has been an upswing in police presence, security is bustling.

I think some fluctuation in the police presence is normal. One of the triggers for the rumors earlier today was the police outside the hospital, and it's been going on since at least last Monday.

Also, for those wondering about why the camera is pointed skyward every so often, I think at least some of it is for when security checks are taking place. A couple of times over the past few days I saw police officers walk into the frame just as they were tilting it up. ETA: And just again now, the camera went up as at least two men in dark suits walked out.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm just down the road from St Mary's, and as well as the security checks, I think it was part of the agreement with the hospital that they pan away when a woman in labour goes inside or a newborn is being taken home.

Amazing that the broadcast media actually complies. How civil.

People who are actually standing outside St. Mary's are tweeting that there has been an upswing in police presence, security is bustling.

Werent they doing it forever...And will be doing forever..

Amazing that the broadcast media actually complies. How civil.

Not necessarily amazing. It's pretty common, most media centres seem to not film regular civilians without their permission, especially where minors are concerned.

So no announcement that she is in labour? Could be tomorrow or ??? LOL Check back later. I think it's good who wants to be on camera having contractions generally not the best look for most women. I hope it's soon although not as much as some of the press outside St Marys LOL

I think the pattern appears to be an upswing in activity as the business day begins - so about 7 - 8 am particularly as that is when the 'watching' really begins with most of the media not there during the dark hours of the night (having seen broadcasts at night from there with no media and just the ladders that seems to fit).

Then they level of police presence drops as the media appear to leave at night so it ramps up again the next morning.

I think when the security ups outside of the start and end of the business hours cycle (and those hours also applying at the weekends) then we will be in business.

I would die to see a new picture of Kate´s bump right now. The date explains why her belly was so small...

There seems to be a bit of a buzz around today! It might be nothing!! But then again it might be something!!!! #EAGERLYWAITING!!

...Do you mean if she were to give birth somewhere besides the hospital?
Yes, that is what I meant. If the baby came very quickly. Unlikely, but it can happen of course.

Oh, I just discovered this further down the page. Plus they saved the dog.

Cabinet meeting sent into panic that the royal baby had arrived but it was just an official bringing Cameron the cricket score
Prime Minister spotted in the crowds at Lords for the second Ashes test
Mr Cameron describes England's battle against Australia as 'the big one'
He is expected to take two holidays this summer - in Cornwall and Scotland
House of Commons not due to sit again until September 2

Read more: Ashes 2013: Cabinet meeting sent into panic that Royal baby had arrived but it was just an official bringing Cameron the cricket score | Mail Online

Well, I bookmarked this page - I suppose this is the best one on these forums to look to see first when anyone gets baby news. I think the DM is too interested in showing pictures of women in skimpy tops and the Kardashians to notice if the baby gets born until someone else reports on it first.

The DM will more than likely be the first online newspaper to have an article about the birth thanks to their reporters on the scene. They always have the pictures, the info as soon as, they know how lucrative this is for them. The best thing is twitter.

Shock as Kate admits faking pregnancy to cover weight gain

Hilarious article. :lol:

This bit had me spraying coffee over the keyboard:

Kate reassured the world that she would still produce an heir as she had agreed to adopt the Beckham’s youngest child Harper Seven.

“It was the perfect solution as Posh wanted a bit of extra time on her hands and, well, a Beckham child is as close to royalty as you can get” said Kate.

When asked to comment on the surprising turn of events, the Queen said she was relieved that the wait was over so she could finally start her summer holidays, and she thought ‘Harper Seven’ was a much nicer name than, say, ‘Diana’.
:ROFLMAO:

This baby watch is turning into one of those comedy skits where everyone shows up to an event bright-eyed and dressed to the nines. Many hours later everyone is just hanging onto their chairs and are bleary-eyed with nary an idea of why they have all gathered. By the time this kid comes ... everyone will be exhausted from the w-a-I-t-I-n-g!

Enough already ... come out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom