Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my second baby induced because I had an abruption that was dangerous for both me and my daughter. This was after a totally in eventful but long delivery with my first baby. The induction was much more painful, but also quicker. I still think going as natural as possible is best for Mother and baby.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
So after another day of frenzy we've discovered Will and Kate, er... left Bucklebury for London and then may have returned. (Sigh)...

In defense of Charles, he probably didn't know that induction wasn't the best way to produce the heir. On the other hand, Charles has studied medical matters relating to prescription drugs, but maybe his main study on this came after William's birth.
Thanks, Scooter, for the information on Chinese astrology and Hindu reasons for avoiding certain dates of birth. Confucius says: modern ignorance!

I can think of a reason to be born on Christmas if you are a royal: You can have the name Cristabel as Princess Alice did...and another royal as well, was it Princess Alexandra?

... Press and public will not be alerted until police satisfied area is secure and all personnel in place (and Kate has been safely tucked into her suite).
I think you may be right Gracie!

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine who is a pediatrician had an elective C-section. She said it was less stress and less risk for the infant. I'm no expert but ... well, she is.
A c-section is major abdominal surgery with all the inherent risks that entails, including blot clots, stroke and even death. It's not just another way to have a baby. It should not be performed for convenience. I've had babies both ways (the c/s due to fetal and maternal distress - severe pre-eclampsia - that nearly killed both of us) and nature's way is much better! I was moving around just fine after my natural births but the c/s was a much longer recovery. Just sayin'...

KHOU News Houston (CBS) just reported Kate was on the way to hospital in labor. I don't believe anything anymore.

It's actually quite common in the NY area. People do it for religious reasons, medical reasons, and for tax reasons frankly (A child born on 12/31 vs 1/1 has an extra year's deduction which can be big $), if the baby is getting very big, etc.

Being induced for "maternal request" should not, and is not practiced much in the UK, as an induction of labour increases the risk of having a PPH (very large and life threatening bleed post delivery), instrumental deliveries, uterine rupture and fetal distress. They are, and should only ever, be for medical reasons which are detrimental to both mother and baby eg. hypertension, diabetes, cholestasis (a condition affecting the mother's live which can result in stillbirths), babies who are not growing as much etc. They should NEVER be given for "maternal request", though sadly in some maternity units (mine included) it does happen.

I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.

I agree wholeheartedly!

I can think of a reason to be born on Christmas if you are a royal: You can have the name Cristabel as Princess Alice did...and another royal as well, was it Princess Alexandra?

Nice reason! Viscount Severn was reportedly due on Christmas Day, but he was born on 17th December instead. That was probably due to most elective C-sections being performed at/around 39 weeks gestation, but I can also imagine Edward and Sophie did not want their son being born on Christmas day.

A c-section is major abdominal surgery with all the inherent risks that entails, including blot clots, stroke and even death. It's not just another way to have a baby. It should not be performed for convenience. I've had babies both ways (the c/s due to fetal and maternal distress - severe pre-eclampsia - that nearly killed both of us) and nature's way is much better! I was moving around just fine after my natural births but the c/s was a much longer recovery. Just sayin'...

Exactly! A lot of women say, "just give me a C-section as it's easier" when it is in fact NOT easier for all the reasons you listed, and others. It is huge surgery with a recovery period of up to 6 weeks. It's essentially the same operation as a hysterectomy, yet we expect women to care for a newborn and possibly a toddler post major abdominal surgery. They are necessary in circumstances (fetal distress, obstructed labour etc.) but they are not "the easy way out".

We will only know if Catherine as a C-section or a normal delivery when the statement is released; it will not say she was induced. It will simply say "HRH The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a baby boy/girl/HRH The D of C was safely delivered of a baby boy/girl by C-section". It will not say she had a forceps or a ventouse etc either. We will never know and we shouldn't ever have to know.

KHOU News Houston (CBS) just reported Kate was on the way to hospital in labor. I don't believe anything anymore.

Perhaps all of this hype is really an attempt to break us...

I am thankful you and your children are OK.

I am thankful you and your children are OK.
Thank you! We're both fine. My c/s was 24 years ago. My daughter was born at 30 wks. and weighed 1310g (2lbs 14oz). She is now a beautiful young woman who is working with animals as she's wanted to do since she was three years old. My natural births (my first and third) were 8lbs 4oz and 10lbs 9oz. The ten-pounder was actually the easiest delivery of the three!:lol:

I was lucky (ha!) enough to have an induction followed by an emergency C-section. It was a really tough 37 (not a typo) hours of labor. Entered the hospital at 6:00 on a Wednesday morning, no baby until 7:00 Thursday evening. My following 3 babies were delivered via scheduled C-section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks as if this thread is wandering off topic, which reflects the worldwide interest in having something to focus on while awaiting the imminent baby. I'm really very happy that no one, except myself, was focused on my two due dates or how things went.

As of right now, there is no change in the Telegraph's headlines regarding Kate - but it's possible that Twitter will have early breaking news.

Is the Clarion-Ledger reputable? As it is tweeting that Kate has gone to hospital.

ETA/ It's a rather silly story, but two other papers are reporting that Kate and William are on their way to London (finally) in advance of the birth. Was that already reported here? If so, my apologies.

Last edited:
The doctor would likely come to her, for a basic checkup. With all the media hoopla right now, around all the possible hospitals, they wouldn't take her to the hospital IMO, unless she is in labor.

Maybe they wanted to do a practice run to see how long it would take to get to the hospital? My brother in law did that with my sister it went great problem was when it was real he drove off without my sister in the car. He had to turn back and there she was standing there looking not too happy. LOL Someone send Kate a curry or something.

For all we know the baby could have been born late this evening. It won't be made public until the Queen has been told, and they wouldn't disturb her late at night.

:previous:very funny.

They check all kinds of things now, not just the cervix. My niece had her amniotic fluid levels checked when she went past her due date, they were low and she was induced. They may need to be at a medical facility for that.

Frelinghighness, you're right. Kate could be in a medical facility already just to keep tabs on the things you mention. And to take stress off of her about going to the hospital with the crowds around. They could have sneaked her in one of the 47 entrances to St. Mary's hospital which my friend in Australia mentioned--I wonder how she knows about the 47 entrances? She did travel very widely when younger, but still...an odd thing to know. Maybe it was just a generic term for "many."

For all we know the baby could have been born late this evening. It won't be made public until the Queen has been told, and they wouldn't disturb her late at night.

I believe they've said the announcement will be made between 8AM and 10:30PM British time.

God knows that she's not going in the front entrance. I have no doubt that she will use a more discreet entrance. And, I won't be surprised at all if she isn't admitted at night when the crowds/ attention won't be so prominent.

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning to another Prince/ss ... if not tomorrow, wake me up when he/she walks down the aisle at their wedding. I'm just tired of waiting :)

The Palace has said that they'll announce when she has gone into the hospital. So if she were there now, we would know. It's the actual birth announcement that what won't be made public until the Queen is notified.

Last edited:
The Palace has said that they'll announce when she has gone into the hospital. So if she were there now, we would know. It's the actual birth announcement that what won't be made public until the Queen is notified.

That's assuming she went into the hospital! One should never assume. ;)

It's July 20th in the U.K. Does anyone think the baby will be born this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom