Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.

Well she was hospitalized at the beginning of the pregnancy for morning sickness. So it's possible there is a medical reason for inducing the baby if that is what they are doing. So far if you believe all the gossip she's been in labor for at least a week now :ermm::flowers:

For the sake of Natalie Morales I now hope the baby is born tomorrow lol.. So she something to report tomorrow and Monday.

Yesterday and today NBC News
Had reporters spread out at different hospitals.

No nomorepage3 girls tonight ? I'm quite disappointed....

I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.

It's actually quite common in the NY area. People do it for religious reasons, medical reasons, and for tax reasons frankly (A child born on 12/31 vs 1/1 has an extra year's deduction which can be big $), if the baby is getting very big, etc.

I suspect a deliberate plot to overshadow the belgian investiture tomorrow. Eat it damn Saxe Coburg cousins !

A friend of mine who is a pediatrician had an elective C-section. She said it was less stress and less risk for the infant. I'm no expert but ... well, she is.

I suspect a deliberate plot to overshadow the belgian investiture tomorrow. Eat it damn Saxe Coburg cousins !

That's sunday :) En please no, I can't watch the baby and the new king all at once! I'm already having a hard time to keep up with twitter and baby monitor :D

Wonder how Chuck is feeling. He is POW still, and waiting to become a grandfather, and for the second time in this calendar year, a younger heir is about to take the throne. His son is making him a grandfather, while King Wax and soon to be King Philippe have children in grade school.

Wonder how Chuck is feeling. He is POW still, and waiting to become a grandfather, and for the second time in this calendar year, a younger heir is about to take the throne. His son is making him a grandfather, while King Wax and soon to be King Philippe have children in grade school.

Probably the same way King Edward VII felt back in the 1890s when he was still POW had his first Grandchildrens. Okay that is little different different as no Europe monarch abdicated at the time. But there were a lot of younger monarchs around him when he became king.

KP Willie, glad you posted that the pediatrician preferred C section over induction. Anyone I've talked to who is a mother, who has had induction or C-section, prefers C-section. I could not even have consider induction if I'd had a second baby, as the hormone which starts contractions knocked me unconscious--and I mean really unconscious, not anesthetized. Other mothers with induction said it was more painful than any other delivery. But, on the positive side, my step-daughter had labored for days at home with a naturopath, with nothing happening, and had to go for emergency induction, which brought the baby in 20 minutes. So in the case of my step-daughter, that was a real medical reason. I can't imagine what could be a religious reason for induction and I wish Scooter would give us the scoop on that.

I just had a look at that webcam for the first time (and I really can't believe I did it, but that's another story....) Anyway, there's NOTHING going on there - N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I don't even see a police man. I'm not saying she's not in there, but it's all very low key looking.

Before she's at the hospital, there will be police EVERYWHERE. JMHO, of course.

Doors closed. So much for the "19th will be the day".
A little thought for the journalists celebrating their one week wait in front of these very same doors. Congrats to them !

A friend of mine who is a pediatrician had an elective C-section. She said it was less stress and less risk for the infant. I'm no expert but ... well, she is.

Let's also remember that William was himself induced in order to fit in with Charles' polo schedule. So not unheard of in the immediate family.

KP Willie, glad you posted that the pediatrician preferred C section over induction. Anyone I've talked to who is a mother, who has had induction or C-section, prefers C-section. I could not even have consider induction if I'd had a second baby, as the hormone which starts contractions knocked me unconscious--and I mean really unconscious, not anesthetized. Other mothers with induction said it was more painful than any other delivery. But, on the positive side, my step-daughter had labored for days at home with a naturopath, with nothing happening, and had to go for emergency induction, which brought the baby in 20 minutes. So in the case of my step-daughter, that was a real medical reason. I can't imagine what could be a religious reason for induction and I wish Scooter would give us the scoop on that.

Chinese take their astrology extremely seriously. Certain hindu sects take birth date as a serious matter as well.

My sister who had her baby yesterday, when she was pregnant with her first child she was induced cos she had severely high blood pressure, and when she was induced my nephew wouldn't budge at all so much that she had an emergency c section and this time round she said she'd rather have an elective csection so she knows what was going to happen!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine what could be a religious reason for induction and I wish Scooter would give us the scoop on that.

I wouldn't be surprised if some religions were opposed to c-sections but didn't have a problem with inductions.

There's also the idea that you don't want your child born on a religious holiday (particularly one that's a set date every year), so you induce a bit earlier to avoid it. This would come into play if your due date is on Christmas or something similar.

I had a friend who was due at the end of February during a leap year and was really worried her child would be born on the leap day. The idea of him not having a birthday every year really bothered her.

Let's also remember that William was himself induced in order to fit in with Charles' polo schedule. So not unheard of in the immediate family.

That's not a verified story. Diana told it during the War of the Waleses, so it could have just been something said to make Charles look bad.

Let's also remember that William was himself induced in order to fit in with Charles' polo schedule..
According to his mother during the War of the Wales so I would take a large grain of salt with that.

I wonder should she arrive at the hospital in the next 26 mins will the live feed continue????

You never miss a good opportunity to show your deep affection for Charles do you ?

The source of the story is, of course, the Morton's book :

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20718889,00.html

At the same time Diana reportedly said "i had to be induced, because I couldn't handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable,"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom