Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. Nicholas was a weak monarch, no one of his relatives would have wanted to help him. He would have brought only troubles.

While George was unable (or unwilling) to help Nicholas, he did consider the emperor a friend. At the time it was believed that the presence of the Imperial Family would endanger the Royal Family, as "the ex-Emperor and Empress would be strongly resented by the public, and would undoubtedly compromise the position of the King and Queen...." (Letter from Stamfordham to Balfour dated April 6). When George heard of the death he wrote (I believe in his diary) "I was devote to Nicky, who was the kindest of men, a thorough gentleman: loved his country and people." Earlier in the passage he refers to Nicholas as "Dear Nicky."

I am not buying that story. Even if the parents themselves somehow and for some reason do not know the sex, senior royals and the Prime Minister surely do. I cannot be the only one who suspects that the we-do-not-know story is too convenient to be accurate. This child's mere sex is of political importance.

This child's gender is not of political importance. Regardless of gender it will be the next monarch.

The idea that William and Catherine don't know the gender, but their doctors have told senior royals and the Prime Minister is also ridiculous. British Royals typically do not know the gender of children prior to the birth, and William and Catherine have said that they don't know. Why is it so hard to believe that the family really doesn't know?

It depends. The most precise officially released date was July 2013. There are still 15 days left in July and she basically narrowed it down to the next five - and I don't mind that she did.

Actually, Camilla has done no such thing. She said that she hopes the baby will be here by the en of the week, not that it will be here by the end of the week. All she's done is confirmed that the family is as anxious for the birth as the public.

I would assume that she would be induced if the baby isn't born by the end of the week, usually mothers are at 40/41 weeks. If July 13 was her due date, the Duchess has entered her 40th week or so now. Therefore, yes we would expect a little Cambridge by the end of the week.

The first report of the pregnancy of the Duchess of Cambridge appeared December 3, 2012 in connection toxicosis. It was 33 weeks ago. Assuming that the toxicosis came on the fifth week of pregnancy, on 17 July will be 38 weeks.

It interesting how Victoria and Albert married their Children's and Grandchildren's into other Royal Houses/Families of Europe hoping it would create Peace, Friendship, Alliance for the Future by creating this Fanily Dynasty not seeing the implications it would have decades later when ot all unraveled and one by one each Dynasty/monarchy fell except for a few.

The first report of the pregnancy of the Duchess of Cambridge appeared December 3, 2012 in connection toxicosis. It was 33 weeks ago. Assuming that the toxicosis came on the fifth week of pregnancy, on 17 July will be 38 weeks.

I think Catherine was further along then Five Weeks back on December 3rd. I think she was around 8-10 weeks at that point, I think it was far enough for them to announce for them to announce her pregnancy. I think 5-7 weeks would have been to early and they would have not said anything.

This child's gender is not of political importance. Regardless of gender it will be the next monarch.

The idea that William and Catherine don't know the gender, but their doctors have told senior royals and the Prime Minister is also ridiculous. British Royals typically do not know the gender of children prior to the birth, and William and Catherine have said that they don't know. Why is it so hard to believe that the family really doesn't know?

I did not say that the parents do not know but that their family knows. I clearly said that I believe that parents do know. The child's sex obviously is of political importance; parliaments in sixteen countries all over the world have been busy for years amending constitutions to ensure that the child, if female, would not be displaced by a brother. If the child is male, there would be no rush to finish; if the child is female, the process might be hurried up. If it had to, male-preferance primogeniture would still apply today because the provisions of the new law have not yet taken effect.

I do not understand why people insist that this is an ordinary, nuclear family. It is not.

Last edited:
Ive taken on board all the viewson this forum and I now think ...

none of us has a clue!

I think she was around 6-8 weeks when she went to the hospital back in December. When they announced they were expecting a baby in July in mid-January, that seems to be when they had their 12 week scan. That seems to be the consensus any the media

Early toxicosis usually occurs in the fifth week of pregnancy.

too right! honesty as the best policy would never get me a job with them.

You could do better than them, lol. They are misogynistic, snobs and write bad fanfiction. I'm pretty sure the job description is that one must hate everyone :/

Will and Catherine don't even know the Gender of the Baby themselves so how in the world would Camilla know?

I would really question the statement that William and Catherine do not know the sex of the child. Of course it is possible, but IMO it is much easier to say you don't know than to constantly fend off questions which are really no ones business.

Many, many parents are sentimental and old-fashioned when it comes to knowing the gender of their future child. Kate and William have so many details of their lives laid out for them, and their future is pretty well-known. Whey wouldn't they wish to have the privilege of being surprised by the 'it's a boy!' or 'it's a girl!' ?

I would really question the statement that William and Catherine do not know the sex of the child. Of course it is possible, but IMO it is much easier to say you don't know than to constantly fend off questions which are really no ones business.

actually, its easier not to know. Cant answer journalists questions, cant screw up all the betting that goes on. Cant let slip to a family member or friend who accidently lets it slip to said journos. Or tells someone else in confidence.

Paint the room pale green ( lemon reminds me of Rosemarys Baby) and await events.

They have been rushing to ensure that rule since before she got pregnant (primogeniture)
Centuries-old rule of succession in British Royal family scrapped by Commonwealth - Telegraph (from 2011)

The relevant laws haven't been passed in most of the realms that have to pass it - the UK has and Canada has but not the other realms. They have agreed in principle but not actually done so.

If the child is a boy I can see it sitting on the back-burner in the other realms for another generation. Australia's parliament, for instance, is in recess with an election due before the end of November and no planned sitting days before the election (although it can be recalled - but for what they would deem a minor issue I can't see that happening).

Regarding the gender issue:

Reports are that William and Kate don't know the gender - maybe or maybe they are lying.

Harry and Eugenie have both reportedly said it is a 'boy'

Uncle Gary has not reportedly said it is a 'girl'.

So we know - it is a boy or a girl. It wil be born sometime. The parents will call it whatever they like.

actually, its easier not to know. Cant answer journalists questions, cant screw up all the betting that goes on. Cant let slip to a family member or friend who accidently lets it slip to said journos. Or tells someone else in confidence.

Paint the room pale green ( lemon reminds me of Rosemarys Baby) and await events.

They don't even have to paint the room something gender neutral. As they're not moving into 1A right away, it means that they can get the nursery ready after the baby's born.

Reports are that William and Kate don't know the gender - maybe or maybe they are lying.

So we know - it is a boy or a girl. It wil be born sometime. The parents will call it whatever they like.

:-D You made me laugh! :)

:ermm: I thought someone else had said it was a girl but I can't remember who.

Or they could paint the room with pink and blue stripes and drive the papers nuts.

This could be a summation of the CNN blurb everyone waits for the entire news hour.

I have said it's a boy. You can take that to the bank.

My mother has told me knowingly that they will induce Kate is she does not go by the end of the week. I cannot tell you the source but I suspect it is the rag she reads daily, despite my constant efforts to get her to stop and pick up something else, but I suppose I am veering way off topic....:whistling:

This could be a summation of the CNN blurb everyone waits for the entire news hour.

I have said it's a boy. You can take that to the bank.

My mother has told me knowingly that they will induce Kate is she does not go by the end of the week. I cannot tell you the source but I suspect it is the rag she reads daily, despite my constant efforts to get her to stop and pick up something else, but I suppose I am veering way off topic....:whistling:

how do you induce a giraffe.

on second thoughts ................................. leave it.

While George was unable (or unwilling) to help Nicholas, he did consider the emperor a friend. At the time it was believed that the presence of the Imperial Family would endanger the Royal Family, as "the ex-Emperor and Empress would be strongly resented by the public, and would undoubtedly compromise the position of the King and Queen...." (Letter from Stamfordham to Balfour dated April 6). When George heard of the death he wrote (I believe in his diary) "I was devote to Nicky, who was the kindest of men, a thorough gentleman: loved his country and people." Earlier in the passage he refers to Nicholas as "Dear Nicky."

Isn't it odd how it's been decided Nicholas is out of the question, given the bad luck of Dear Nicky and all that, but no more bets are being taken for Alexandra (dear Alicky). From what I've read, she was just as unlucky....

I suppose Gregory (Grigori) is out of the question....:whistling:

Reactions: Ish
Early toxicosis usually occurs in the fifth week of pregnancy.

I also looked this up. It can occur earlier. In fact it can occur before your doctor will give you your first appointment or you know you are pregnant!

I went back and looked at William's appearances in October. Without getting too personal, William had to be there for conception and we think he runs on a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. His days off appear to have been:

• Oct 8-11
  • Oct 16-19
  • Oct 24-27
  • Nov 1-4
From those times you can run out whatever gestational period you like to determine possible due dates. Personal message me if you want me to run a string of dates from a gestational time (38-41 weeks) and a date of conception (you pick) This is relatively easy to do in Excel.

I also looked this up. It can occur earlier. In fact it can occur before your doctor will give you your first appointment or you know you are pregnant!

I went back and looked at William's appearances in October. Without getting too personal, William had to be there for conception and we think he runs on a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. His days off appear to have been:

• Oct 8-11
  • Oct 16-19
  • Oct 24-27
  • Nov 1-4
From those times you can run out whatever gestational period you like to determine possible due dates. Personal message me if you want me to run a string of dates from a gestational time (38-41 weeks) and a date of conception (you pick) This is relatively easy to do in Excel.

:ohmy: Way, way too much information

Isn't it odd how it's been decided Nicholas is out of the question, given the bad luck of Dear Nicky and all that, but no more bets are being taken for Alexandra (dear Alicky). From what I've read, she was just as unlucky....

I suppose Gregory (Grigori) is out of the question....:whistling:

I think it's because Alexandra has been seen in the BRF elsewhere, while Nicholas hasn't (really).

I'm totally voting for Prince Greg now, though!

:ohmy: Way, way too much information

Yeah, I know :eek: , but some members are thinking about it, though they struggle with the math. I tried to dance around it as best I could.

Plus if BC would just get here - I would not be sitting around dreaming this stuff up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom