Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Gary's history with talking to the press do you really think anyone would trust him with the news. If William & Catherine do not know the gender of their child how would anyone else in the family know.

All the bets are being placed on a Girl; coming from serious high-stake gamblers. I wonder if they have all been tipped off, that a Girl is coming!
I am also sure that it's a girl. I don't know if Catherine and William are already aware of the baby's gender, but the possible names are most likely already chosen.
I strongly believe that one of middle names of their daughter will be Elizabeth if not a first.

I know that with Diana, Princess of Wales, everyone was interested in when William would be born. If it is true, they don't much care with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, then I am surprised; because William has always been very popular with the public, being Diana's son, and Kate has done nothing to warrant any disapproval from the public. I do think the interest will spark-up once the baby is here. For those not interested, fair enough.

I loved Diana and followed her every move because I found her charming, beautiful, and she was part of "my time". I remember exactly what I was doing when William's birth was announced.

I have little or no interest in William/Kate, as I don't find either of them charismatic or interesting. That said, I do hope that they have a healthy child and I've no doubt they will be great parents. I find the media obsession with this particular birth excessive to the point of being ridiculous. I agree with what Duke of Marmalade posted....poor Kate! :ohmy:

I love the name Victoria but I don't think it would be a wise choice. There is already a Crown Princess Victoria who will be Queen of Sweden at some point in the future. Prince Charles is only a few years younger than King Carl Gustaf of Sweden and there is a possibility that William and Victoria could reign at the same time. If Victoria outlives William, then there could be two Queen Victoria's on the throne at the same time. The possibilities are slight, but still plausible. Has there ever been two monarchs with the same name on the throne at the same time?

There actually are at the moment: both Albert II. - the King of the Belgians and The Prince of Monaco, both souverains.

By this time I hope for the 23rd. That is my birthday, and the answer to your question is that Leo starts on the 23rd. I was born at 0 degrees of Leo, on the cusp as the astrolagers call it. We cuspers are supposed to be able to look at both sides of an issue. That would make for an interesting and perhaps complex sovereign.

If Victoria gets ruled out as a name because another Queen will have the same name then Elizabeth and Alexandra are ruled out as well then as there will also be an Elizabeth in Belgium and an Alexandra in Norway (Ingrid Alexandra anyway)

Didn't QVictoria said it was her wish that there wouldn't be another Queen Victoria? I remember that's why Queen Mary opted to use her second name, instead of her first name "Victoria".

I just hope the baby is not born on the 21st.

Too much royal stuff happening together at once is no fun. The Belgian abdication is far more interesting.

For me as well. I am very interested in how Philippe and Mathilde will walk this particular tightrope. :ohmy:

Didn't QVictoria said it was her wish that there wouldn't be another Queen Victoria? I remember that's why Queen Mary opted to use her second name, instead of her first name "Victoria".

Victoria wanted all of her female descendants to be named after her.

Mary went by her second name because that was what she had gone by most of her life - prior to becoming Queen she had been known as May.

I just saw some pictures of David Cameron and his little girl outside number 10 on the Daily Mail's website. The little girls face was blurred out. You know they are never going to do that for baby c.

Btw, can you imagine if this baby is born on July 21. TRF would probably collapse under all that thread hopping. LOL

Ok my bet is still on the 23rd. Just a feeling lol.

I hope it's born on the same day as my nephew which is thursday!!! :)

I just saw some pictures of David Cameron and his little girl outside number 10 on the Daily Mail's website. The little girls face was blurred out. You know they are never going to do that for baby c.

If celebrity children's faces are blurred out, it's because their famous parent/s have taken steps to prevent their faces from being printed in any publication in order to let them grow up as normal as possible without being exposed in the tabloids just because they're children of someone famous (don't know if some special rule apply for the PM's children though). That would never work with Baby Cambridge because obviously he/she will be 'shown off' (through pictures and at official occasions) to the public (and rightfully so) because he/she is the future monarch.

Last edited:
Oh no, she didn't! :ohmy:
Is it possible that she spilled the sex too? It seems to me that it took her too long to add "or she" after "he".

Will and Catherine don't even know the Gender of the Baby themselves so how in the world would Camilla know?

Oh no, she didn't! :ohmy:
Is it possible that she spilled the sex too? It seems to me that it took her too long to add "or she" after "he".

Oh no she didn't why? The fact that the baby's due soon is hardly a secret and Camilla didn't let anything important out

I think Kate will give birth to the heir to-night of the 17th. On this night in Yekaterinburg in 1918 Tsar Nicholas II and His Family was shot. Britain wanted to gloss over the negative role in the tragic events in Russia in 1917-1918.

And the baby will be called Nicky.

I think Kate will give birth to the heir to-night of the 17th. On this night in Yekaterinburg in 1918 Tsar Nicholas II and His Family was shot. Britain wanted to gloss over the negative role in the tragic events in Russia in 1917-1918.

Boy wouldn't that be something... That enough to mane George V too roll over in his grave.

Well, the 17th of July is the day on which the House of Windsor was stablished, by King George V, in 1917.

I think it's a good date for Baby Cambridge's birth.

And, if it's a boy, that's another good reason to call him George.

Well, the 17th of July is the day on which the House of Windsor was stablished, by King George V, in 1917.

Good point, I forgot that British Royal house was changed to Windsor on July 17th so actually that is a positive day for the Britidh Royal Family and would be a good Birthday.

And even more better reason to call him George Albert Nicholas.

Boy wouldn't that be something... That enough to mane George V too roll over in his grave.

While I think it's highly unlikely that they're going to name a boy Nicholas (Nicky), I don't see how it would make George V roll over in his grave? Though he didn't help Nicholas II and his family away from Russia (fearing that offering asylum to his Russian family would provoke an uprising), I do believe that he still loved his cousin very dearly and he did send HMS Marlborough to get his aunt and remaining family out of Crimea after Nicky, Alix and the children were killed.

George Albert Nicholas.
Don't wish anyone such a cruel fate as our last imperator's. Nicholas is a good name,though.

I do believe that he still loved his cousin very dearly
I doubt it. Nicholas was a weak monarch, no one of his relatives would have wanted to help him. He would have brought only troubles.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Nicholas was a weak monarch, no one of his relatives would have wanted to help him. He would have brought only troubles.

Just because he was a weak monarch doesn't mean that his family didn't love him. Nicholas was a warm person and a great father, but a terrible monarch. As I noted in my post, George feared the consequences of offering asylum to his Russian cousin, but that doesn't mean that he, as a family member - not a King, didn't want to have save Nicky. Again, the chances of Baby Cambridge being named Nicholas are basically non-existing, but the assumption that a name like Nicholas would make George V turn in his grave, as if he didn't like Nicholas II, is odd to me.

Will and Catherine don't even know the Gender of the Baby themselves so how in the world would Camilla know?

I am not buying that story. Even if the parents themselves somehow and for some reason do not know the sex, senior royals and the Prime Minister surely do. I cannot be the only one who suspects that the we-do-not-know story is too convenient to be accurate. This child's mere sex is of political importance.

The fact that the baby's due soon is hardly a secret and Camilla didn't let anything important out

It depends. The most precise officially released date was July 2013. There are still 15 days left in July and she basically narrowed it down to the next five - and I don't mind that she did.

No, Nicholas II was a very powerful emperor. He brutally suppressed the revolution in 1905. In 1914 he rejected Germany's ultimatum.

Nicholas II was betrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom