Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true or just a story that prince Charles suggested the name zara?

In my opinion you should be ashamed if you work for the Daily Mailonline. I have never taken them serious and they have never been accurate or checked for facts (Obviously!) especially after some of their stories from last year (not related to the royal family). But I will say some of their articles on the Ann Curry/TODAY Show fallout were kind of entertaining but they just adding fuel to the fire and not checking for facts and accuracy which they are not known for.

It was a joke :flowers:

My biggest nightmare for me is going into bed, sleeping, waking up and to read that the baby is born. I want to take part at the forum when the news that Catherine has been admitted to hospital has arrived.

What if Carole Middleton was punking everyone when she allegedly said the baby would be a Leo? She knew that people would assume she meant the zodiac sign. But, in reality, she meant that the baby was a boy and would be called Leo. Sure, Leopold is more of a family name with the Belgian RF but Kate's had her heart set on a little boy named Leo since she saw "Titanic" over and over at the cinema due to her mad crush on Leo DiCaprio.

Why yes, I could write for the Daily Mail...
:lol: Why yes you could.

My biggest nightmare for me is going into bed, sleeping, waking up and to read that the baby is born. I want to take part at the forum when the news that Catherine has been admitted to hospital has arrived.

Me too. I also want to be part of this forum also when it announced that Catherine has gone into the hospital, Given Birth and the announcement of the Gender! This is my first Royal Baby Watch since joining this Forum.

I for one hope once the child is born they can somehow keep him or her out of the limelight but for special occasions like they did with james and louise for several years though the situations are very different...cp Victoria may be able to have her baby in the cameras eye more but if kate and will did that...the massive press over kill -esp. in the states- would be obnoxious, even more than it is now :eek:

would that Leo name after Leonardo diCaprio be a sellout to Hollywood? Probably, and so it won't happen on Granny's watch. UK probably would not like a Germanic name like Leopold--at least not in the older population which watches reruns of "Mrs. Miniver" and other WWII dramas. The younger generation of men was decimated in WWI with Germans, too, as we saw in "Downton Abbey" (except that it was worse than in Downton). Not likely to choose a Germanic name. "Leonardo" is Italian but that's not likely either.

We do have an English version: Leonard. Actually any of these names (Leo, Leon, Lionel etc) would be quite appropriate as they derive from lion, and lions feature in the Royal Arms.

But I disagree that we in the UK would be antagonistic towards a Germanic name. Leopold would be no more unpopular than Albert. These Victorian names are coming back into fashion.

if you want to go obscure, sir lionel from Arthurian legend and a couple of medieval royal ones so it's not that crazy a thought. on that note emma is both trendy and sufficiently royal also.

Will you have access to a radio - perhaps in your car? They have news on some of those radio stations. :flowers:

When it was announced that Diana was in labour (and remember this was well before the internet was invented) - I'd say it took no more 10 minutes for almost everyone to find out she was in labour. It was about the same time for finding out that she had had a boy.

With the internet now, it will take less than 10 minutes, of course.

Thankfully I didn't miss anything, Home from my Lil Holiday and now I can Look forward to it! My sister is having her baby on thursday (elective csection) So maybe they will share a birthday!

Frideswide, you know a lot about things royal. Thinking about it, Leopold has made a re-emergence as a name among Brits. Didn't Lord Nicholas Windsor name a son Leopold? But he chose very European dynastic names, and also his wife is said to be of Croatian descent and Roman cultural heritage, so he might not be a typical "Brit". It's possible baby Cambridge could be Leopold. What a surprise! Won't be long!

@victoriaarbiter is chatting again about the pose as W&C&BC eventually exit the hospital. When it eventually happens.

With baby car seats it gets sticky. She is guessing mum and dad come out with BC and pose holding the babe. Then go back in and load said baby into the car seat, exit again, load car seat into waiting vehicle and be off.

In the US, the car seat has to be properly installed in the car; babe in improperly tethered car seat is not enough. Installing car seats is a pain for many - it takes giggling and finagling and can easily go wrong or take a while. And as you do this install, your hind parts remain tantalizingly on parade for all to admire. The Cambridges have cute features in this respect, but no one wants to see that angle in the DM. ;)

I know families who never move the seat once installed. Or designate one of the other parent as the only one who can get it right.

Failure to use the seat properly results in moving violation tickets. Not to mention huge public embarassment if one is a public figure.

If one faces the same hurdles in the UK - I think Victoria has it wrong. The way to go is to pre-install the seat in the car. That way W&C&BC exit hospital and pose. They make their way to the car and C hands W the baby then enters the rear seat with the car seat installed. W hands C the baby. She Buckles BC in. Dad either rides shotgun or drives alone in the front seat (choice to make - use driver or not).

But my assumptions are all based on US regulations (use rear seat for baby, etc.) What's required in the UK? And what do the bookies have to say on the issue? :lol:

Frideswide, you know a lot about things royal. Thinking about it, Leopold has made a re-emergence as a name among Brits. Didn't Lord Nicholas Windsor name a son Leopold? But he chose very European dynastic names, and also his wife is said to be of Croatian descent and Roman cultural heritage, so he might not be a typical "Brit". It's possible baby Cambridge could be Leopold. What a surprise! Won't be long!

Yes, and on checking, their other son is Albert! They are:

Albert Louis Philip Edward
Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph

Names that are fully in the Hanoverian/Saxe Coburg/Windsor family tradition, yet I see according to Wikipedia:

"The child is the first Windsor to carry the name Albert since George VIhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_VI, but the couple has said he was actually named after St Albert the Great, while his middle name Philip was given in honour of St Philip Neri. The names Louis and Edward are after his maternal and paternal grandfathers, respectively."

I was wondering will Buckingham Palace & Clarence House announce Catherine has gone into the hospital and has given birth on It website and social media pages (British Monarchy Twitter and facebook page) before any media outlet (BBC, Sky news, NBC, etc) reports it?

I was wondering will Buckingham Palace & Clarence House announce Catherine has gone into the hospital and has given birth on It website and social media pages (British Monarchy Twitter and facebook page) before any media outlet (BBC, Sky news, NBC, etc) reports it?

With the fact that there are so many news reporters either outside or near the hospital, It will be more than likely be announced around the same time!!

Yes, I'll be curious to see what they do for the car seat issue too. Things were a lot different several years ago. I remember seeing the video of Diana getting into the car with William and holding him on her lap.

I dont know if Anyone has been following Victoria Arbiter recent Tweets on twitter but she has been Tweeting on what is True & Facts and what is False and other Rumors. I am loving it!

@victoriaarbiter: In the calm before the world wide media storm over all things #royalbaby let's start separating fact from fiction....

I can hardly wait for this special baby to arrive! Last thing to check before I go to bed and my first action in the morning! My hubby is just shaking his head and thinks that his wife is going bonkers!!

is it true or just a story that prince Charles suggested the name zara?

From Hello! Magazine
Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips was born on May 15, 1981, at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington. The second child of the Princess Royal, she got her unusual first name from her uncle, Prince Charles. "The baby made a rather sudden and positive arrival," recalled Princess Anne, "and my brother thought Zara (a Greek name meaning 'bright as the dawn') was an appropriate name."

I think an additional consideration may have been that Mark Phillips' sister is named Sarah Anne. As I remember, Zara's name was not announced right away when she was born. Isn't there someone else in the royal circle named Zara?

I think we can expect the baby Prince to be born this weekend or in the middle of next week. I don't see this dragging on until August although that would be interesting since it is my own birth month. Everything seems to point to the fact that the Cambridges are not expecting the child before the 20th. Not sure what it meant that William will be on leave "for the next few days". Might have nothing to do with the birth itself but just how the shifts have been organized. You never know about babies though. It might feel like nothing immediate is happening but that might change in a minute.

- Countess Adelaide von Furstenberg

(surprisingly close to a v. name in my own family ;))

I think we can expect the baby Prince to be born this weekend or in the middle of next week. I don't see this dragging on until August although that would be interesting since it is my own birth month. Everything seems to point to the fact that the Cambridges are not expecting the child before the 20th. Not sure what it meant that William will be on leave "for the next few days". Might have nothing to do with the birth itself but just how the shifts have been organized. You never know about babies though. It might feel like nothing immediate is happening but that might change in a minute.

- Countess Adelaide von Furstenberg

(surprisingly close to a v. name in my own family ;))

A lot of people's predicted that the baby will/would be born sometime this week.

By the way Watch for Tuesday and Wednesday because those are the most popular/Common days of the week for Babies to be born. More Babies ate born on those Days then any other, Monday and Thursday follow at Third and Fourth.

Last edited:
Well I hope the baby is born before the weekend, because we are going to be very busy then. We have lots of company coming and I won't be able to sit by the computer and keep tabs on what is happening. At least I get updates on my phone, so that helps!

My guess is the baby will be born July 20th. Just a guess ...

Just for the record:
Even when labour starts and you are in hospital it still can last more than 24 hours till the child is born.
It is the first child!!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 31m
So, according to one senior royal they are 'hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here' #royalbaby story on MailOnline soon

So, according to Duchess of Cornwall, the birth of new heir until the end of this week is imminent.
It's interesting if the baby shares birthday with any other monarchs or connected to it:
So, if baby is born on July 17th, it will share birthday with Camilla, that's great, but in a way ironical due to the past so much rumoured triangle Diana-Charles-Camilla (mostly if a baby girl is to be born that very day);
July 20- Birthday of Princess Alexandra of Hanover and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
July 22-Prince Felix of Denmark's birthday
July 25-Lord Nicholas Windsor's birthday and Birthday of Princess Maria Olympia, the eldest daughter of Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal
July 28-Samuel Chatto's birthday
July 31-Marina Ogilvy's birthday

this kid is already a royal...he is going to do things in his own sweet time and his subjects just have to deal with it :)

Based on the use of "hopeful" I would more think that what Camilla's saying is "we're at or about the due date now and we're as anxious for the birth as the rest of the world."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom